• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gelson Martins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Portuguese exports usually flop.
But their clubs demand rich clubs to pay their buy out clauses.

Only if we can get someone for cheap and pay based on his performance levels.

Stannis

I can see this guy doing well in the WC, however it’s hard to stop thinking that he could be another Renato Sanchez

Having said all that I would take Martins, but his price is beyond us

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I can see this guy doing well in the WC, however it’s hard to stop thinking that he could be another Renato Sanchez

Having said all that I would take Martins, but his price is beyond us

Could be a flop, but then again he's a winger developed by Sporting. If there's one thing we know it's that Sporting can develop a good winger, it's basically their raison d'etre.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Also would he not be pretty eager to leave Sporting, y'know, what with the utter mayhem that's been going on there recently? I.e the president criticising the players, the fans attacking the players...hardly a 'player friendly' environment right now.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Looking at the squad and how we might lineup I just don’t see an established winger like this being signed for what will be a reasonably large amount. If we sign him you’d expect him to play, that means no room for a new midfielder in the team.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

So these stats basically support the 'Gervinho theory'. Very good dribbler but yet to add consistent end product.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Should probably take a look at Bruno Fernandes, also at Sporting, that guy really is a baller.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Actually watched a lot of this guy, he's very electric.

His crossing is very good, he has a nice reverse pass on him as well, his pace is just WOW. His shooting is...errr... better than Gervinho's... but not that good

Actually watched a lot of this guy, he's very electric.

His crossing is very good, he has a nice reverse pass on him as well, his pace is just WOW. His shooting is...errr... better than Gervinho's... but not that good
I happen to like the look of him a lot from what little I've seen (watching YouTube clips practically means I'm an expert), We haven't had an exciting winger who can beat a man for a while. Even though Alexis was a baller he didn't have the trickery or searing pace to worry opposition fullbacks, under the tutelage of Unai I'm confident we can develop him into a truly terrifying wideman. The only sticking point would be his price n the potential of blocking the progress of Nelson

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I happen to like the look of him a lot from what little I've seen (watching YouTube clips practically means I'm an expert), We haven't had an exciting winger who can beat a man for a while. Even though Alexis was a baller he didn't have the trickery or searing pace to worry opposition fullbacks, under the tutelage of Unai I'm confident we can develop him into a truly terrifying wideman. The only sticking point would be his price n the potential of blocking the progress of Nelson
Considering we have no pure wingers, and Nelson's unlikely to start most games anyway, I'd say we buy him.

Nelson will probably improve with the competition too.

I'd also like us to have actual wingers instead of Özil and Mkhi on the wing

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I are in need of a winger, but I have no idea if this guy is what we need.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Seems a few of Sportings players are looking to end their contracts after the recent training ground incident and the issues with their president. What are the chances this guy does the same and we get him on a free or at a cut price? Sven playing 4D chess here.

On a side note if you google Sportings president you get an interesting picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom