• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gelson Martins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

Bruno Fernandes would be a great addition as well. Even more if Ramsey doesn't extend is contract.

He has the scoring ability of Ramsey (and is great from long distance) while being able to deliver a good number of assists. Has great vision and good first touch (unlike Ramsey). This season he played in several positions with quality, from CM (with William), AM and even second striker (behind Bas Dost). He understands the game very well

Paying 50 million € for him would be a good value for the money, so if we could get him for free it would be the deal of the season. For sure a great replacement for Wilshere and Cazorla.

Regarding Sporting, the club is completely burning. Their fans are desperate for their president to leave but he is so hold to the power that he doens't want to resign (the contract rescission are already making them lose more than 100M€ and there could be more players to leave on a free). I'm a Benfica supporter and it got to a point that it isn't even fun to laugh at them.

Do you think the president ordered the ultras attack as alleged by some?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not a fan. Squad player at best imo. If we're going to have someone block Reiss Nelson's path to the first team, it might as well be a Lemar, Forsberg, etc and not this guy. Free or not..

Yeah lets spend 50M+ on those two instead of getting this guy for free.

BoRis

Do you think the president ordered the ultras attack as alleged by some?

There is no proof but that he is capable of organising something like that, I have no doubt. The man is totally lunatic.

Even if he didn't gave the order, he for sure started this when he criticized the players after their defeat in the 1st leg against A. Madrid using a post on facebook. After that everything went downhill for them.. they could possibily qualify to CL but they lost in the last game and couldn't secure the 2nd place, then there was this attack to the academy wich is very strange because one car of the attackers was allowed to enter and to go out. It was also the first time of the season where the right hand of Bruno de Carvalho (André Geraldes) wasn't there during the training. Also the leader of the Sporting "hooligans" is close to Bruno de Carvalho, and all of the attackers are from Juveleo. There is a lot of strange and suspect facts. Few days later they went to loose the portuguese cup to a small team. Now they are loosing all of the best players for free.

This should give a book: how to break a club in 2 months.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Bruno Fernandes would be a great addition as well. Even more if Ramsey doesn't extend is contract.

He has the scoring ability of Ramsey (and is great from long distance) while being able to deliver a good number of assists. Has great vision and good first touch (unlike Ramsey). This season he played in several positions with quality, from CM (with William), AM and even second striker (behind Bas Dost). He understands the game very well

Paying 50 million € for him would be a good value for the money, so if we could get him for free it would be the deal of the season. For sure a great replacement for Wilshere and Cazorla.

Regarding Sporting, the club is completely burning. Their fans are desperate for their president to leave but he is so hold to the power that he doens't want to resign (the contract rescission are already making them lose more than 100M€ and there could be more players to leave on a free). I'm a Benfica supporter and it got to a point that it isn't even fun to laugh at them.

I had Fernandes on my wishlist in the transfer section last month, so for him to potentially be free would be awesome, really.

As @Aevius said, if we were serious about him, we could offload Ramsey for a high fee (because he's a fantastic player) and bring Fernandes in on a free. That would give us around an extra ~40m to play with and the quality hit would be minimal at worst.

I like him because he's direct from midfield, he is good from long range and he can take direct free kicks. We don't have a midfielder like this, really.. and it would be vital to have one if we move to a 4-3-3. Also hope Fernandes gets a shot at the WC. I think an attack of him, Guedes, B. Silva and Ronaldo would take them ahead of Spain in the group - even if it is quite a distance from the team that they displayed in the qualifying stages.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
I feel like an idiot, please someone tell me, how are Sporting players just casually terminating their contracts without the clubs permission? I'm dead confused.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I feel like an idiot, please someone tell me, how are Sporting players just casually terminating their contracts without the clubs permission? I'm dead confused.
The club didn't competently prevent the attacks that took place on their training ground, so the players can request to terminate their contracts on the ground's that their lives are at risk playing there.

FEH

Apparently Sporting fans think Arsenal are front runners to get Gelson (if he doesn't re-sign with Sporting which is still an option).

Sven must have a pocket full of burner phones.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I am honestly not impressed with the highlights I've seen. Would be against it even on a free, considering the opportunity costs. I doubt we would get him and a top-class Winger and considering our dealings so far I think there is room for a major signing (which I hope will be on LW).

Chicago_Gunner

on a free ?? That’s great business!!! Top teams have depth which we currently do not have especially on the wing. Sign him up sven!!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not a fan. Squad player at best imo. If we're going to have someone block Reiss Nelson's path to the first team, it might as well be a Lemar, Forsberg, etc and not this guy. Free or not..

Yeah agree , why fume about Nelson getting not enough playing time and sign this guy . I want a guy who makes runs beyond the striker and finishes .

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Think it ties in with similar laws like an employer must provide a safe working enviroment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom