• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gelson Martins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I like him, I really do, and I'd love him here, because we have no one with real pace on the wing.

But I will agree on the end product, it actually is abysmal, considering what a weak league he's playing in, compared to the EPL anyway.

neimad

What is it with these professional footballers who have no end product, is it all mental and in their head?

I would love to see what these players were like as kids, surely he wasnt beating 10men for his sunday under 8's team and then shanking it onto the train tracks, I also imagine players with poor delivery practice crossing and delivery all the time.

Its like Shaq with free throws, apparently practiced them non-stop, yet still struggled with them.

Goalkeepers who cant kick etc, always practicing kicking, used to know this semi-pro keeper who would practice goal kicks every session, played as a striker for a Sunday side and was decent on pitch, comes to the moment of taking a goal kick and out it goes for a throw in 9/10 times :lol:

I think about this a lot:lol:

How can someone who literally practices something for hours every day not improve? Raheem Sterling is a case in point. Every time he shoots it looks like it's his first time ever taking a shot. Looks like he'll never be a clinical finisher. Ironically, in this case, it might help us get the player as if he was a competent finisher there'd be a long list of teams trying to get him.

So I think it is definitely mental. They just buckle under pressure. Was obviously way easier underage but now against competent keepers they don't cut the mustard and most never will unless they get a lobotomy.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I think it's a lot more technical than mental.

Özil being a case in point, his technique in everything is so natural, but aside from some amazing shots, his general shooting technique is awful, he gets little power on his shots.

Preacher

Always Crying
I think it's a lot more technical than mental.

Özil being a case in point, his technique in everything is so natural, but aside from some amazing shots, his general shooting technique is awful, he gets little power on his shots.
Yeah, but Werder Özil didn't have this problem or at least it wasn't as noticeable as now.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Yeah, but Werder Özil didn't have this problem or at least it wasn't as noticeable as now.
I'd also argue Werder Özil didn't have the subtlety of touch and technique he does now.

It's also interesting that most of these players with terrible shooting, in regards to power, tend to have an excellent first touch and technique on most other things.

Gervinho is the obvious exception here, don't remember if he was good at anything at all.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I think about this a lot:lol:

How can someone who literally practices something for hours every day not improve? Raheem Sterling is a case in point. Every time he shoots it looks like it's his first time ever taking a shot. Looks like he'll never be a clinical finisher. Ironically, in this case, it might help us get the player as if he was a competent finisher there'd be a long list of teams trying to get him.

So I think it is definitely mental. They just buckle under pressure. Was obviously way easier underage but now against competent keepers they don't cut the mustard and most never will unless they get a lobotomy.

I also wonder if it could also be physical/brain, fast players like your example of Raheem Sterling, could it be that his body is quicker than his mind? Same with Welbeck, is there something in him where his brain says 'shoot inside foot' and by the time that message gets sent to his body his feet or legs are in a different position than when it got sent hence why he looks so awkward?

Or is the pressure/anticipation the factor, does their composure play a huge part in it and due to everything going on around them they buckle under the pressure?

I would also like to see how these players are in training, I wonder if Bellerin has pinpoint accuracy in training, does Welbeck slot it past Cech for fun etc?

I suppose they are human.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
How much is the compensation for him? Honestly could care less for him. Just makes me think of Gervinho. Want us to go for a couple of stars after we sell some dross. If we could add Martial and Malinkovic-Savic to what we've already got, then we'd be set.

Last edited:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Is it? I always thought it was pretty erratic.

You've had two shirtless Bellerin avi's now, just saying.. ;)
It might be three, if Bellerin uploads something delicious soon

Plus, annoys the Xhaka fans for some reason too, so win-win
How much is the compensation for him? Honestly could careless for him.
If you could care less for him, it means you care for him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Did sporting CP accept his contract termination? Because today I read us and Lazio ready to offer him 2.5M a year contract

Stannis

How much is the compensation for him? Honestly could care less for him. Just makes me think of Gervinho. Want us to go for a couple of stars after we sell some dross. If we could add Martial and Malinkovic-Savic to what we've already got, then we'd be set.

well anything that goes to court becomes a pandora's box. Could be a small fee, could be the rest of his contract or if it is ruled in sporting's favour then it could be Martins release clause.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

If he successfully terminates his contract I imagine no one will know until Sporting take a club to court.

It will be a complete mess, I have no legal knowledge of how it will work but if the player terminates then I would have thought Sporting would have to sue the player not the club who sign him on a free.

If Arsenal sign a legally free agent surely we arent responsible? Same with Wolves, they signed a free agent, if he was free or not is down to the player and Sporting?

I imagine the player and signing clubs lawyers would have done enough to determine if any compensation will be required otherwise they would stay well clear.

Will be interesting.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
The players have a very good case for not feeling safe in the workplace, and I seriously doubt they'd lose any case brought against them.

Basically, forget about them as footballers, and think about someone attacking your company's office. No matter the terms of your contract, because the attack took place, you should find it easy enough to terminate.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The players have a very good case for not feeling safe in the workplace, and I seriously doubt they'd lose any case brought against them.

Basically, forget about them as footballers, and think about someone attacking your company's office. No matter the terms of your contract, because the attack took place, you should find it easy enough to terminate.

A pro footballers contract must be a lot more complicated, there must be things in them that cover things like attacks; crowd trouble, or even getting pelted with coins when taking a corner etc

Not saying it will be enough for this incident but I would have thought there would be something in there in regards to attacks, if they are terminating with success then I guess not?

But they do work in hostile environments, some of the players are even subject to racial abuse in the work place.

The thing which will probably come into play is that there could be a clause in there regarding joining a company in a similar field ie another football club in such a close time to their termination or before their contract was due to run out without permission.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Watch this video and there will be no one left who wants him. Not really highlights, more like an accurate representation I'd say.

Good pace and decent dribbling, but just running into blind alleys all the time and very little intelligence to his game.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He was rubbish when he came on for Portugal as well, thought he had more about him but he literally seems like a long haired Walcottinho.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Watch this video and there will be no one left who wants him. Not really highlights, more like an accurate representation I'd say.

Good pace and decent dribbling, but just running into blind alleys all the time and very little intelligence to his game.

I think he's a lot more Oxlade Chamberlain than world class, but as a backup option to Mkhi/Özil, I can't think of many who could offer something SO radically different.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He was rubbish when he came on for Portugal as well, thought he had more about him but he literally seems like a long haired Walcottinho.
Walcott, for all his faults, has fantastic end product, compared to his skill. Always seemed to get a goal or assist every two games, despite doing literally f*** all the whole game.

I'd say more like Ox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom