• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,852

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Jebb had a few injury problems that kept him from performing on his loans. In the end, his development just stagnated. He's a talented player, but the big issue is that there were/are better and arguably more promising players than him in his position. I feel if he stayed fit on his loans, then it may have turned out different for him but it was always going to be difficult.

He can still carve out a career for himself IMO, if he can stay fit.

Similar thing happened this year with Brooklyn Beckham's short-lived stint here. By all accounts, he is a talented player - but apparently he had better players in front of him at U18 level.

Jebb was involved in an incident where he racially abused another player. That couldn't have done him any favours, we're a classy establishment here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Zelalem will almost certainly make it, needs to learn/improve on a few things but he's been dominating games for the U.S under 20 team and is immensely talented could play DLP or CAM.

Crowley, is a great dribbler and runner with the ball, would like to see a lot more of him though.

Beilik's apparently being fast-tracked anyways.

Akpom, it's difficult to say. Has to show more, hopefully on loan somewhere.

Haven't actually seen overly much of Maitland-Niles myself, so can't really judge him too much.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Birmingham want Crowley on loan for the season.

Would prefer him to stay and get a few first team appearances first, a good pre-season and he could be moved up to the first team like Zelalem, Hayden and Akpom last season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jebb was involved in an incident where he racially abused another player. That couldn't have done him any favours, we're a classy establishment here.

I'd forgotten all about that! Yes, that will certainly not have helped his cause.

Zelalem will almost certainly make it, needs to learn/improve on a few things but he's been dominating games for the U.S under 20 team and is immensely talented could play DLP or CAM.

Crowley, is a great dribbler and runner with the ball, would like to see a lot more of him though.

Beilik's apparently being fast-tracked anyways.

Akpom, it's difficult to say. Has to show more, hopefully on loan somewhere.

Haven't actually seen overly much of Maitland-Niles myself, so can't really judge him too much.

To be honest, for a lot of those games, it was Hyndman that controlled those matches - Zelalem certainly impacted those games with his ability to find space, his use of the ball and his underrated dribbling skills, but I've yet to see him truly dominate the center of the field over the course of 90 mins. I've seen Crowley dominate games before. Zelalem's got to impose himself on matches more. Some added power and strength would help.

Danskin

Established Member
Ormonde-Ottewill started a friendly for Swindon earlier today and according to some he did pretty well. I still don't really understand why we let him go but it's pointless talking about that now. Maybe Tyrell Robinson can take his place, though he's probably more of a winger but so were Bellerín and Gibbs.

If Birmingham really want Crowley, I wouldn't be opposed to that. He's already dominating at under-21 level and realistically, no matter how much he impresses in pre-season, he will never get much match time in the first-team. A few CC & FAC games here and there, but not much more. If Birmingham have plans to use him regularly, I'd like to see him go.

To be honest, for a lot of those games, it was Hyndman that controlled those matches - Zelalem certainly impacted those games with his ability to find space, his use of the ball and his underrated dribbling skills, but I've yet to see him truly dominate the center of the field over the course of 90 mins. I've seen Crowley dominate games before. Zelalem's got to impose himself on matches more. Some added power and strength would help.

Agree. I think what is problem with Zelalem is that he can easily control game. But he is still learning to really, and I mean really hurt his oppositions!

Nemetoss

Do you guys know how good Beilik is?All I keep hearing about him is how impressed the coaches are with him and about him being fast-tracked.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
From few matches of watching Brentford, I liked what I saw from Jan Toral. He seems to have a good sense of making great passes, but still seems too raw.

I think he's on last year of contract, so it may be his last chance to convince Wenger to hand him an extension.

What's the opinion on him?

Danskin

Established Member
From few matches of watching Brentford, I liked what I saw from Jan Toral. He seems to have a good sense of making great passes, but still seems too raw.

I think he's on last year of contract, so it may be his last chance to convince Wenger to hand him an extension.

What's the opinion on him?
He's very talented. He's got a good eye for a pass, he's good in possession and is also capable of providing a threat in front of goal. He had a good spell at Brentford - though not always a starter - and I'm pretty certain he will go out on loan again before the season starts. One to watch, for sure.

Do you guys know how good Beilik is?All I keep hearing about him is how impressed the coaches are with him and about him being fast-tracked.
He's done alright everytime I've seen him play and it's said that he's impressing coaches in training. He's versatile as well because he can either slot at the back or play in front of the defence and so far it looks as if it's going well for him but still early to tell.

albakos

Administrator

He's very talented. He's got a good eye for a pass, he's good in possession and is also capable of providing a threat in front of goal. He had a good spell at Brentford - though not always a starter - and I'm pretty certain he will go out on loan again before the season starts. One to watch, for sure.

And he's on training now wearing #37.

zp_563338759_SM_9126_32756C48E10918E336B715510C5785A6_5725.jpg

Here's to hoping he can play some games in preseason and Cup games.
I'd hate it if he turns to be another Olsonn, Eisfeld, JET etc...

Danskin

Established Member
We will see - with Ramsey, Özil, Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky, Crowley and Zelalem ahead of him in central midfield and number ten it will be difficult for him to make the step up.

albakos

Administrator

Don't think Crowley and Zelalem are ahead of him. They need to go out on loans to League 1.

But you're right only time will tell if he will make it. From his Brentford he must be happy with that spell.

Crowley and Zelalem are not ahead of Toral, although you could argue they are more talented.

Both Crowley and Zelalem have to have successful loan spell for starter. Toral loan spell very good. So...

Danskin

Established Member
I would say they are ahead of him in the pecking order. Toral has only made 2 apps for our first-team - one being a sub app - and he's been here since 2011 and let's not forget he's 20. Zelalem is two years younger and he's had more apps for our first-team than him. I just think Wenger rates Zelalem higher. I might be pushing it with Crowley tho, but I think he's ahead.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Toral signed a contract extension with us in April I believe. I hoped he'd have played more at Brentford, he mostly made appearances off the bench. Pritchard's form made it difficult for Toral to break in though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Toral's in a tough spot really, but he's a very good all-round CM - probably slightly more attacking but he's an excellent technical player overall and a good goalscorer from midfield. I don't think he'd look out of place in the Arsenal team, but he'd have to be performing out of his skin on loan to be considered. It would be interesting if he could adapt his game to a deeper position in midfield but I think his finishing ability will see him played further forward a la Chuks Aneke (whatever happened to that guy? He was bloody talented too).

I think the key with the youth players is not just the quality but whether they can offer something to the team that complements the rest of the players - something that other players don't necessarily offer. That's why Coquelin and Bellerin were such a success - Bellerin's attacking prowess made us more of a threat while Coquelin's acceleration and lateral defending was something we didn't have in the team.

Danskin

Established Member
Amine Harit was in attendance today for our second day of pre-season training. Apparently he's set to have a trial with us for the next few days. 18 year old central midfielder, plays for Lens and was linked with Man Utd and Barcelona.

Top Bottom