General Reserves Talk

Discussion in 'The Arsenal Academy Page' started by M+D, Aug 3, 2010.

1. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

BTW

TH14 is working with the U18's this year......getting his coaching in. Glad to see him around the club & helping out.

The U21's play Derby this afternoon 6:55pm UK time but yet again NO coverage.

You can follow updates @arsenal on twitter.....sheesh.:mad:

2. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Pleguzuelo had a blinder for the U21´s in their 3-2 win against Derby yesterday

3. chessygoal

chessygoal Well-Known Member

Who's that guy training with the first team?
    [​IMG]

4. chessygoal

Got my answer from google, Ismael Bennacer, interesting that he's already training with the first team.

5. neimad

neimad Well-Known Member

The elite youngsters regularly get to train with the first team. I wouldn't see anything out of the ordinary in it.

redanddread likes this.
  6. chessygoal

Sure. But he's 17 and just arrived, that's why it's a bit surprising.

7. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He hasn't had FIFA clearance yet (same with Malen), so yet to feature for the U21s, but will be interesting to see him play when it's sorted.

neimad likes this.
  8. Nyctophobia

Nyctophobia Well-Known Member

Carlo Marx and neimad like this.
  9. neimad

neimad Well-Known Member

James Bond likes this.
  10. chessygoal

Thanks, now I get why he didn't feature on our website.
    He's a sub tonight, hopefully he'll get some minutes.

11. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

The U21's trashed West Ham 5-0.

Something the senior team should've done aswell.

12. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh Established Member

This Mavididi lad seems to be very prolific. Can't say i've watched him much though. Maybe we'll see him in the Carling Cup?

Anyway good to see our U21 team back on track after a pretty poor season last year.

13. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh Established Member

Zelalem on comparisons to Pirlo: "I still have a long way to go...[but] I definitely think I will reach that level."

Legend. Great confidence. Let's hope he makes it. If he could bulk up, he could be our long term answer to the DLP position.

neimad likes this.
  14. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Good player, Mavididi. Slight difference to Akpom in that he's more a hold-up man than a dribbler, but he's still fairly quick and is very good in the air.

He's looking a lot stronger lately, so not too worried about that. I just want to see if he's supplemented his tactical awareness with some good defensive positioning. If he does that, he could be a shoe-in for that position at some point. What's impressing me is that he's beginning to actually control matches from deep.

neimad and RandyMarsh like this.
  15. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Seems since we couldn't buy a forward we are determined to make our own with the acquisitions of Donyell malen, Yassin Fortune, Vlad Dragomir and
    Martin Graiciar Atleast one of them should be able to develope into a top forward......

16. ArsenesNO1Fan

ArsenesNO1Fan Well-Known Member

How far do those who've watched them think Yassin Fortune and Jeff Reine-Adelaide are from first team cameos?

17. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

If we get easy team in FA Cup next year, at home, and with injuries. I can see one of them on the bench for that game.

18. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Jeff has made the CL squad so we might see him against Olympiakos.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  19. Sane__

Sane__ Active Member

20. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

If Maitland-Niles keeps going like that there will be a lot of talk about him next summer, and his mother.