• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,774
  • Views 1,157,125

Nyctophobia

Established Member
There's so many players from our youth and reserves squad that could take the step up to our first team in the future, the people in charge of all that at Arsenal deserve lots of praise.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
http://www.arsenal.com/news/features/20150915/young-guns-edward-nketiah

Very interesting read. He's the top scorer for the U18s and looks a very intriguing prospect. He's shown excellent finishing and movement in the short clips of him I've seen.

Here's a pic of him receiving tutelage from Henry

COLTmGpWIAAlfIv.jpg

Bould14

The guys coming through is the biggest reason I think if Jack doesn't stay fit he's going to get pushed out of the squad.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The guys coming through is the biggest reason I think if Jack doesn't stay fit he's going to get pushed out of the squad.

There's quite a promising contingent at the moment. Not so great in terms of defensive prospects but some of our midfielders and attackers look very exciting. I think if we can get some accustomed to defending and positioning, we could have some very talented deeper midfielders.
Wilshere could face a lot of competition from inside as well as outside of Arsenal in terms of recruitment and the academy. However, if he stays fit and gets his career back on track, he's still a massive talent.

I think our youth attackers are very promising though, particularly at U18 level, and if Henry is half as good at coaching as he was as a player, they could learn a considerable amount and kick on. I believe the UYL game tomorrow will be available to stream, so that will be good to watch. Apparently, 15 year old Reiss Nelson may start that match, which is highly intriguing. He's probably the biggest talent at schoolboy level that we have - may even get U21 football this season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nope, none at all. I doubt it's major but there's been no news. My guess is he'll probably be available for the next U21s game. He's looked pretty decent for U21s but I don't think he's quite 1st team ready yet despite his brilliance in the Emirates Cup. He's very dribbly, I suspect he'll grow more refined as the season gets on.

Iwobi, Sheaf, Mavididi and Huddart look very good though, so does Pleguezuelo. If they can mould Sheaf into a DM/DLP, I'll be very happy! I'm disappointed that Iwobi hasn't gone on loan, but I hope he gets a Carling Cup opportunity against Sp**s. Very intelligent player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watching the UYL game, Our U19s are beating Zagreb 2-0.

Willock is having an absolute stormer, beat 4 players before scoring the opener, and then beat 2 more players before winning the penalty for Sheaf to score.

Midfield is surprisingly attacking, it's a 3 man midfield of Sheaf, Willock and Hinds. Willock has been excellent, defensive work impressive too.

Reiss Nelson did start the game, and for a 15 year old looked pretty good out there. Sheaf and Hinds also having a good game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The kid got a standing ovation from Zagreb fans? Wow. What a baller.

Academy is looking very promising right now
He was awesome - even better that he wasn't even playing on the flank, he was in central midfield alongside Sheaf and Hinds.

Was really impressed by Nelson too. Youngest on the field and still looked quality.

Thierry-effect??

RandyMarsh

Established Member
He was awesome - even better that he wasn't even playing on the flank, he was in central midfield alongside Sheaf and Hinds.

Was really impressed by Nelson too. Youngest on the field and still looked quality.

Thierry-effect??
Wouldnt be surprised if it was due to Theirry's influence. A guy like that comes to training and you suddenly want to impress him as much as you can!

How did you watch this btw? Did you stream it somewhere? Or are you in Zagreb for the games today?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wouldnt be surprised if it was due to Theirry's influence. A guy like that comes to training and you suddenly want to impress him as much as you can!

How did you watch this btw? Did you stream it somewhere? Or are you in Zagreb for the games today?
Stream. Dinamo were streaming it on their website.

Top Bottom