• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,769
  • Views 1,155,126

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watching the half back. Willock,Saka, Amaechi and John-Jules all brilliant. Osei-Tutu has also been excellent. Should be in the conversation for RB.

Willock has been the standout though. Unplayable.

Watching the half back. Willock,Saka, Amaechi and John-Jules all brilliant. Osei-Tutu has also been excellent. Should be in the conversation for RB.

Willock has been the standout though. Unplayable.

Emery in May : "We have a few in u23 that are playing above level, they will be with us next season"

Emery in August : Starts Elneny and Lichtsteiner in first game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Emery in May : "We have a few in u23 that are playing above level, they will be with us next season"

Emery in August : Starts Elneny and Lichtsteiner in first game.
Well He has already come off for Cottrell. Bench on Thursday?

Team doesn't look as secure without Willock, has been the case every time he's not in side.

Well He has already come off for Cottrell. Bench on Thursday?

Team doesn't look as secure without Willock, has been the case every time he's not in side.

Dunno, he must have seen Elneny over the weekend and think Willock can't do any worse.

But funny that he said in January that Nketiah and Willock would stay with us, and since then the only cameo they got is when Nketiah was put on against Manchester United and that was only because they were putting their own youngsters on the field. :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Amaechi with the 4th..

Dunno, he must have seen Elneny over the weekend and think Willock can't do any worse.

But funny that he said in January that Nketiah and Willock would stay with us, and since then the only cameo they got is when Nketiah was put on against Manchester United and that was only because they were putting their own youngsters on the field. :lol:
Experience is king according to most.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
No experience to be gained for the duo when they are kept in loop between u23 and senior team. They also lose sharpness which can effect their cameos when they finally get these five minutes when the games are shut down.
Precisely but there's no trust. At least Wenger didn't mind bringing them on where appropriate if he didn't start them - as reluctant as he became in his final season. Need more trust IMO.

is it safe to assume the appointment of Freddie has been a big success?
I would argue yes. It started off pretty ropey - hasn't always had the best talents available to him due to first team bench commitments, but once the team started to meet his demands, they've looked exponentially better individually and as a collective. Willock and Saka have had their development accelerated, Olayinka is looking like a strong player for the team, Amaechi has also looked better off the ball. Many players have improved. It's been a huge success so far, and will be even bigger if Emery gives these guys more chances.

As I type, Swanson assists Medley for the 5th goal. Swanson's debut!

Willock presence and drive in midfield is something we lack. Guendouzi has been very hit and miss, more so miss for a whole season yet the former hasn't get look in after new year. Hope there is a thinking of giving Guendouzi some bench time while Willock get a chance to prove his worth!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Willock presence and drive in midfield is something we lack. Guendouzi has been very hit and miss, more so miss for a whole season yet the former hasn't get look in after new year. Hope there is a thinking of giving Guendouzi some bench time while Willock get a chance to prove his worth!
Guendouzi has shown a lot of character which buys him patience from the fans, including myself. He has particular flaws that have nothing to do with his talent and more to do with small things - holding onto possession too long is the main problem he often has.

For me, there's very little to separate the two but you can't tell someone who hasn't seen enough of Willock that. Willock even has the same competitive streak in him. He needs to play first team football now.

9jagooner

When Wenger was secure in his position as manager, he played the young players because win or lose, he would still be manager following season. In addition, in those early days, big teams didn't play majority of their first team players in cup games (at least not until you got to the final). These days, teams like City have third teams that would dismantle many top premier league sides.

In Arsène's final days, especially when fans became disgruntled, opportunities for young players reduced. The current manager does not have the luxury of a secure job or fans patience that Arsène enjoyed for many years. He needs to play players he 'believes' will deliver for him. What you and I think in that regard, is irrelevant. Doesn't mean we are wrong, but just means when Emery watches Elneny and Willock in training, he believes Elneny will do a better job in a real match situation. He is paid millions of pounds to make those decisions.

I would love to see our young 'uns in the first team especially Bukayo or Willock. But I am willing to wait till the manager thinks they are ready. This could be next match, next month or next season.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
but just means when Emery watches Elneny and Willock in training, he believes Elneny will do a better job in a real match situation. He is paid millions of pounds to make those decisions.
No problem with that, but if those decisions were wrong I would expect to see a new manager soon. You either deliver results or offer something else in return like Wenger did after 2005

Top Bottom