• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,831

Vela

Established Member
Aliadiere has been training with Arsenal for a couple of months now sometimes with the firs team and other times with the reserve/youth team. He played so he could get back to match fitness and impress scouts. I dont agree with him for playing for reserves but the reserve season over now so cant complain. He played three games scored one goal for the reserves.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Jasard said:
What on earth have we been doing giving Aliadière so many games...

Pity I guess? It's not like he's adding anything to the reserves, and his diving vs United wasn't exactly a great example. Ship him out as soon as possible.

Vela

Established Member
Because he started the last couple of games it made Rhys Murphy have to play on the wing which makes him out of position.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
ebouenolike said:
Swings and roundabouts Shea should've been sent off earlier in the game.

There was a covering defender, so not a red for me, but definitely a yellow and a freekick.

ebouenolike

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
ebouenolike said:
Swings and roundabouts Shea should've been sent off earlier in the game.

There was a covering defender, so not a red for me, but definitely a yellow and a freekick.

On further inspection you are correct, didn't notice Boateng was there.

cuban

Established Member
Aliadiere was so average...player like him should tear reserves apart...Aneke oozes class but looks too Diaby like at times...TV was class above everybody tbh...also liked Ozyakup, great player...Henderson had quiet game...oh and Boateng might be one of the slowest defenders I´ve seen

Vela

Established Member
It was Aneke first game back from injury not his best I have to say. Boateng plays right back as well. Ozyakup played very well I thought like you said. Henderson had to go on the wing a lot of the match and he drifts in a lot of the time.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Vela said:
It was Aneke first game back from injury not his best I have to say. Boateng plays right back as well. Ozyakup played very well I thought like you said. Henderson had to go on the wing a lot of the match and he drifts in a lot of the time.

Yeh Aneke is usually a lot better than that from what I have seen, just back from injury and playing away at Old Trafford will never be easy.

Boateng - meh, don't really notice him, seems a little average but I don't know for sure.

Ozyakup - good player, looks very tidy with a wide range of passing and a good shot.

Henderson - I like Henderson, but this was not a good game, hopefully it's just one game.

The whole team only arrived back from USA on Tuesday, and then had to travel up to Manchester on the Wednesday/Thursday. We can probably give them (minus Aliadiere) the benefit of the doubt in this one.

ebouenolike

Established Member
dave_rwr said:
Goal for Afobe!

Supposedly a cracker too. He has been MOTM the last 3 games and this could lead to a 4th. He's showing even as a kid just turned 18 that he can play at a higher level which is promising.

Vela

Established Member
http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/decision-time-dawning-on-deacon-deal/#comment-25118
The Premier Academy League season has, from Arsenal’s perspective, reached its conclusion and, unless Chelsea somehow fail to ascertain two points from their two remaining fixtures, so has the Reserve League, so thoughts can begin to turn towards next campaign and what the 2011/12 season will hold for Arsenal’s vast selection of young talents.

Before then, however, some important decisions have to be made, not least regarding those players who will be out of contract in less than two months time. Much has been made of Oguzhan Ozyakup’s predicament, with the Dutch midfield player yet to provide any telltale signs as to whether he will sign a new deal, but another player who sees his contract expire at the end of June is Roarie Deacon who, unlike Ozyakup, does not have his future in his own hands as the club have yet to decide whether to extend his stay at London Colney.

For some, it may be a little surprising that the club have not offered him an extension already, with Deacon, who can operate effectively in any one of the three positions behind the main striker in Arsenal’s favoured 4-2-3-1 formation, having impressed in the recent Dallas Cup on the back of a campaign that saw him find the net four times at Reserve level in sixteen appearances. That may not be the most prolific return, but half of those appearances have come as a substitute and, tellingly, Deacon has also weighed in with several assists at key moments in matches.

Deacon certainly has cause to feel that the club have treated him unfairly since he graduated from Hale End. He was not awarded a professional contract until his the end of his second season as a scholar and even then was only given a one-year deal, he was an un-used substitute in the Academy League Final at Emirates Stadium last season, and, more recently, found himself on the bench for the final Reserve game of the season due to the presence of Jeremie Aliadiere, a player who is not even contracted to the club.

It is true that he occasionally lacks a little decisiveness in the final third and, in the long run, will probably struggle to make the grade at Arsenal, but for his enthusiasm, evident love of the game, impressive technical ability and his dangerous crosses, he should be offered another season’s stay at least.

Two other players who see their contracts expire this summer are second-year scholars Jernade Meade and George Brislen-Hall. Brislen-Hall’s departure is already certain, with Academy Head Liam Brady having decided after four games of the current season not to offer him professional terms, whilst Meade, who recently returned from injury and has impressed for the Reserves and the under-18s, should receive a one year pro deal.

est

Why are we not offering Brislen-Hall a new contract? Admittedly, I've only seen him once(against United last week) but he looked pretty good.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom