• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,066

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm waiting. But after seeing the treatment of Willock and Nketiah last season I would have bigger respect for Musah if he gets out ASAP. Somewhere were he can put a clear pathway into first team football in his contract!
People say we should go for the youth approach. And I agree with that.
But I wouldn’t support that if our youth players are not up to the standard.

For this current batch, Nelson is the better one, could be better than Iwobi, but he is not Gnabry’s level.

Others are not bad but just nothing special.
I just don’t understand why many Arsenal fans would blindly believe that they are good enough.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I like Matt Smith and Ben Cottrell from U18 a lot.
And the whole U16 team as well. They play like the 09-10 Barcelona and the 07-08 Arsenal. What a team of great talent. Can’t wait to see them playing for the first team.

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People say we should go for the youth approach. And I agree with that.
But I wouldn’t support that if our youth players are not up to the standard.

For this current batch, Nelson is the better one, but he’s not gnabry level, could be better than Iwobi.

Others are not bad but just nothing special.
I don’t understand why many Arsenal fans would blindly believe that they are good enough.
Can you explain a bit better what do you mean by "he’s not Gnabry level"? I think some of our current young players have been performing on a higher level than Gnabry did for u23, including Nelson. For me, that's the only comparable period because none of these players reached senior football yet. While some would disagree, I think Iwobi was not even close to ESR, Nketiah and Willock for u23, but probably had good enough work rate to be picked up by the first team.
Talent is there to be used, we need a manager with cojones now

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Can you explain a bit better what do you mean by "he’s not Gnabry level"? I think some of our current young players have been performing on a higher level than Gnabry did for u23, including Nelson. For me, that's the only comparable period because none of these players reached senior football yet. While some would disagree, I think Iwobi was not even close to ESR, Nketiah and Willock for u23, but probably had good enough work rate to be picked up by the first team.
Talent is there to be used, we need a manager with cojones now
Gnabry back then was clearly a more intelligent player on and off the ball. His dribbling and was also better than Nelson. I was always a fan.

As for ESR, Nketiah and Willock. Are they going to be better than Iwobi? I can’t tell. But they look nothing special to me.

I will be furious if we’ve got a young gnabry in the team but not giving him chances. I was so angry to see **** like chamberlain and walcott on the pitch instead of gnabry.
But for this batch of young players, I think the manager has got it right on the game time he gives.

Last edited:

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Trolls calling out Emery in every post. Mods really need to take a close look at this and ban such idiotic behavior.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But for this batch of young players, I think the manager has got it right on the game time he gives.
Time will tell but I remember quite well that most of the fans were happy to see the back of Gnabry back then and continue with Theo. As history repeats itself, many fans are happy to continue with the current setup rather than making the transition. It would be interesting to see votes for a topic like that

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Time will tell but I remember quite well that most of the fans were happy to see the back of Gnabry back then and continue with Theo. As history repeats itself, many fans are happy to continue with the current setup rather than making the transition. It would be interesting to see votes for a topic like that
That shows how wrong they were. I was so angry about it. I knew he was a special player.
I always blamed wenger for playing **** players and not giving him enough chances.

When it comes to this batch of young players.
I respect your view, you think they are good enough, and want to play them more. I might not agree but I respect that.
What I can’t stand, are those stupid comments, that just because they want to see youth in the first team, they want to play them regardless of their ability.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Tier 1: Nelson, Smith Rowe, Amaechi
Tier 2: Nketiah, Willock, Saka

That’s my personal opinion on the six youth players people regularly talk about. When I compare Amaechi and Saka I remember the u17 Euros in 2018, Xavier was the best player there.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

That’s my personal opinion on the six youth players people regularly talk about. When I compare Amaechi and Saka I remember the u17 Euros in 2018, Xavier was the best player there.
With the exception of Saka, every one of them has some type of flaw, it's why I would put all of them on the same level.
Nelson - didn't develop dribbling enough to be regarded as top prospect
ESR - has everything but is very injury prone player
Nketiah - great physical and technical attributes but mentality of AMN
Willock - technical skills are there, looks mature but still developing his body
Amaechi - great physical attributes and understanding of the game, but everything he does looks drilled, not natural. For me, he is still raw

Saka - so far, he didn't show any weaknesses in his game. Great physical and technical attributes, can score and dribble and works hard for the team. That's an ellite talent for me

Saying that I think all of them are bigger talents than most of our first team players, but now, it will be more down to pure luck and persistence than their talent to get into the first team.

Last edited:

I would have it

Tier 1 Nketiah, Smith-Rowe, Saka
Tier 2 Nelson, Willock, Amaechi

Also I have no idea what this Football Manager dude is talking about. Not bothered at all.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think after watching Willock in the EL final and vs Burnley, he's tier 1 for me, just didn't look out of place at all.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom