• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,116

Crocrodile

TBF I see our young crop as a very, very valuable asset.
They might not become stars, but they are the way to go if we want to build an organic club.

Okwonwo should probably make it as a backup GK.
One of Osei-Tutu or Daley-Campbell must make it as a backup RB.
One of Medley/Ballard should become the last CB.
Willock and AMN, one of them has to become a backup mid.
One of Amaechi/Saka/Nelson has to become a starter.
Two of them can be backups.
ESR will be at least a good backup.
Nketiah is a backup striker now.

All these guys help reduce the wage bill, increase the connection between the hometown fans and generally give better effort.

And the younger crops are full of talent.
It's a hit if you get a backup player who fills out your team, not to mention start or stars in it, so that 's the way to go and you supplement positions where you don't have elite talent.
We are, despite what most are saying with a "sky's falling" mentality, in a good position IMO and should look to use the resources we have.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Fair shout, I actually never saw Willock in either game, didn’t watch the Burnley match and turned the final off before he was put on. :lol:

ESR is my fav, boys going to get that number 8 shirt.
Willock can affect games IMO, potentially at a very high level aswell. That's a good starting point for a 19 year old midfielder. I remember saying earlier in the season that there was little difference between him and Guendouzi except that the latter was favored more. I think the two of them will improve further and Willock will prove himself to be a very good CM in the near future. Much bigger skillset than realized.

I’m sure Ben Cottrell, Matt Smith and Omari Hutchinson will be more deserved to be categorised as tier 1 or 2 in the future.
Both Cottrell and Smith are very good players, but they have their limitations and things to improve on aswell - they were completely overpowered the last time we saw them play. Great technicians on the ball and good mentality, but learning to cope with more physical players will be key to their development.

At the moment, I'd say Miguel Azeez is a bigger prospect than both of them, because he loses none of the technical security while being a stronger athlete than both of them. Having said that, I'm eager to see what Smith and Cottrell can do at U23 level because they have the technical skill to be top players. To claim, though, that they are tier 1&2 ahead of the aforementioned is ridiculous though. Let them cook at U23 level before deeming them better than players who could (and should) be playing more first team football now. And that's not even mentioning Omari Hutchinson (who is barely 15).

They might not become stars, but they are the way to go if we want to build an organic club.

All these guys help reduce the wage bill, increase the connection between the hometown fans and generally give better effort.

It's a hit if you get a backup player who fills out your team, not to mention start or stars in it, so that 's the way to go and you supplement positions where you don't have elite talent.
We are, despite what most are saying with a "sky's falling" mentality, in a good position IMO and should look to use the resources we have.
Exactly what I'm saying. They are very valuable assets, and with a squad as one-dimensional as ours, we could actually use the bulk of them right now.

Gunner-Union

Thought willock as a box to box mid though I’m not sure about his defensive skills anyone know if he can track and defend and tackle well. Whenever I’ve seen him he’s been an AM

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thought willock as a box to box mid though I’m not sure about his defensive skills anyone know if he can track and defend and tackle well. Whenever I’ve seen him he’s been an AM
Nah he's a good tackler aswell, does everything to a good standard. One of the first things that stood out about him was actually his competitiveness when it came to duels - that's what made me think there's something with him that can see him get very far. I'll see if I can find some of his (small sample) stats from last year.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli

While they might be promising, None have proven **** yet. Absolutely noone there should be a starter. Nor a backup. You want nketiah who scored 1 goal in the prem to be backup to Aubemayang? He's good enough without having shown anything ?

I love to play some younger talents but to rely on kids is not a good thing to do. Unless ofcourse they are unreal talents like fabregas etc. which so far none of these kids have shown at all.

Gunner-Union

Nah he's a good tackler aswell, does everything to a good standard. One of the first things that stood out about him was actually his competitiveness when it came to duels - that's what made me think there's something with him that can see him get very far. I'll see if I can find some of his (small sample) stats from last year.

I always thought box to box was his spot and hopefully he can play there some this year and add some athleticism alongside torreira and Xhaka/douzie

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
While they might be promising, None have proven **** yet. Absolutely noone there should be a starter. Nor a backup. You want nketiah who scored 1 goal in the prem to be backup to Aubemayang? He's good enough without having shown anything ?

I love to play some younger talents but to rely on kids is not a good thing to do. Unless ofcourse they are unreal talents like fabregas etc. which so far none of these kids have shown at all.
These kids have talent and skills, but they don't have one very important thing... They don't have the ability to impress without even playing, which would make them gods. Hopefully, some of these anti youngsters posters would explain one day how should a young player impress without playing football, I highly doubt even Messi could do that.
Nketiah can't be our backup striker because he only scored one goal, in how many games? 1? How can he even think about being a part of the first team without scoring 10 goals in that game? How many did Willock score? 2-3 in 4 games? He should score at least 15 goals in 5 games to replace class players like Xhaka or Elneny.

Things that are expected from youngsters here are unreal, and after everything we've seen from the first team in recent years people are still behind those players.

Happy wanking watching Xhaka and Elneny next year, I definitely won't spend a single minute watching them again in Arsenal shirt.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
These kids have talent and skills, but they don't have one very important thing... They don't have the ability to impress without even playing, which would make them gods. Hopefully, some of these anti youngsters posters would explain one day how should a young player impress without playing football, I highly doubt even Messi could do that.
Nketiah can't be our backup striker because he only scored one goal, in how many games? 1? How can he even think about being a part of the first team without scoring 10 goals in that game? How many did Willock score? 2-3 in 4 games? He should score at least 15 goals in 5 games to replace class players like Xhaka or Elneny.

Things that are expected from youngsters here are unreal, and after everything we've seen from the first team in recent years people are still behind those players.

Happy wanking watching Xhaka and Elneny next year, I definitely won't spend a single minute watching them again in Arsenal shirt.
Watch a match of the youth team and you will know how good or bad they are.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Nketiah has shown attributes that reminds me of Welbeck, and he has shown signs that he could be a valuable option to bring off the bench. That he could stretch play and occupy defenders with workrate the way our other players can't. Subbing him in when we are desperate for goals could have made a lot more sense that always bringing on Guendouzi for no clear reasons.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

This is bollocks simply because none of them have been given a proper opportunity in the first team anyway, despite the fact that they've done well with the scraps they've been given.

The major difference is opportunity - not talent.

Nketiah has shown attributes that reminds me of Welbeck, and he has shown signs that he could be a valuable option to bring off the bench. That he could stretch play and occupy defenders with workrate the way our other players can't. Subbing him in when we are desperate for goals could have made a lot more sense that always bringing on Guendouzi for no clear reasons.
Nketiah performed well almost every time he was given a morsel of game time. People only remember the Blackpool game when he didn't score and use that as a litmus test - despite the fact that he had a good game otherwise. I'm positive he'll become a goalscorer at the top level and a quality performer overall.

This is bollocks simply because none of them have been given a proper opportunity in the first team anyway, despite the fact that they've done well with the scraps they've been given.

The major difference is opportunity - not talent.

Nketiah performed well almost every time he was given a morsel of game time. People only remember the Blackpool game when he didn't score and use that as a litmus test - despite the fact that he had a good game otherwise. I'm positive he'll become a goalscorer at the top level and a quality performer overall.

There was also a game, maybe it was Blackpool game where Nketiah should have been on hat trick in first half.... I know he needed to take those chances because you got to at this level but its not like he was playing badly. Insane work rate, constantly hustling the defenders, nice dribbling, worked his socks off!

I think if Emery knew more about him like Wenger do I think he would have played him more knowing that the goals would come sooner if he played more because that is just Nketiah natural game. He scores goals!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There was also a game, maybe it was Blackpool game where Nketiah should have been on hat trick in first half.... I know he needed to take those chances because you got to at this level but its not like he was playing badly. Insane work rate, constantly hustling the defenders, nice dribbling, worked his socks off!

I think if Emery knew more about him like Wenger do I think he would have played him more knowing that the goals would come sooner if he played more because that is just Nketiah natural game. He scores goals!
It was 100% the Blackpool game. Had some big ops that didn't go in. But he was good. He'll definitely put em away.

Tomb Bombadil

I would have it

Tier 1 Nketiah, Smith-Rowe, Saka
Tier 2 Nelson, Willock, Amaechi

Also I have no idea what this Football Manager dude is talking about. Not bothered at all.
Isn't it hard to tell if they don't play regularly in the first team?

I don't know what's tier 1 for you guys but shouldn't they playing more in the first team if they are tier 1/2 talents? I haven't seen much from Amaechi, Saka and ESR and they are still 1-2 years younger. But I don't see Willock and Nketiah as starters for us in the future. Because the problem is they need to play more. They don't get that with Arsenal. Nelson is very talented but has also some flaws, but he can get more game time as a Sub, because he has more impact.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom