• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,739

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Thoughts? Seen some people say we are making a mistake as Daley-Campbell is better than Osei-Tutu.
Weird move after LCFC just signed a young RB just before that. Lends credence to the idea that maybe we didn't offer him a deal. Weird as he was one of our bigger prospects.

We are quite short at full back so I'm expecting to see some position changes. Likes of Olayinka, Ogoyeke and Matthew Dennis will defo make the switch to RB.

Weird move after LCFC just signed a young RB just before that. Lends credence to the idea that maybe we didn't offer him a deal. Weird as he was one of our bigger prospects.

We are quite short at full back so I'm expecting to see some position changes. Likes of Olayinka, Ogoyeke and Matthew Dennis will defo make the switch to RB.

Maybe we did offer but didn't meet the salary he and his agent were asking for?

StefanB

Could get a shot at a CM spot. Xhaka out, Caballos in. Give Bielik, Douzi, Willock, AMN and Nwakali a chance.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

In the u23 pics only Saka and Amaechi are there from the six AM hopefuls.

Suggests Smith Rowe, Willock and Nketiah will be with the first team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In the u23 pics only Saka and Amaechi are there from the six AM hopefuls.

Suggests Smith Rowe, Willock and Nketiah will be with the first team.
Yeah they won't be back till Friday I reckon. Saka and Amaechi will most likely play vs Borehamwood - one of those guys is gonna go on loan. I'm thinking Amaechi possibly leaves permanently, although I'm fairly optimistic that if he's smart he will stay. I think we can still offer him a pathway even with someone like Martinelli & possibly Zaha signing.

Nwakali is also present there, will be interesting to see what happens with him. Big pre-season for a lot of these guys. Trae Coyle stands out aswell, big fanfare over his extension so will be keen to see how he develops from here after what's been a tough time, seemingly behind him now.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/...vi-laing-signs-scholarship-deal-with-arsenal/

Says here that Musah still in private training and that its likely that he will leave us.
No other reason why he isn't at Colney with the rest of the scholars - it does look like he's leaving. That's a real blow if someone as talented as him doesn't feel like he has a good enough pathway at a club like Arsenal. He's a huge, huge talent.

Small comfort being that Miguel Azeez is still at the club, who is just as talented, but I would have loved to see the two come up as a pair. Alas, football isn't like that. It will be interesting to see how this potential loss is compensated. This could be an opportunity for someone else still at the club now to stake a claim.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I know he’s a puma athlete, but if City have took him I’ll be pissed. Also, playing Valencia in that youth cup looks a mistake now seeing as they took a liking to him there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Would be a big deal if he stays. We're facing a fight to keep a lot of our prospects and we really need to win these fights if we're going to prosper in the future.

I saw the Adidas vid with Malcolm Ebiowei a few days ago and I think he'd probably be the schoolboy with the most to gain from Musah leaving before he turns pro. Similar in physique and technical skill (slightly more attacking as an AM/winger), would be interesting to see if he can make his mark, along with Charlie Patino, who will probably be the premier schoolboy this season.

Some clips of Ebiowei online:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/arsenal-vs-boreham-wood-player-16543184
Matt Smith: The 18-year-old looks to be a real talent in midfield, running proceedings with guile and craft against significantly more experienced opponents. His goal typified Smith's exciting talent as he eschewed the chance to shoot through a pile of bodies and played an impudent one-two before slotting past Ryan Huddart. 8

Miguel Azeez (sub, Smith, 60'): You can hardly help but notice Azeez, with his cornrows tied up in a band and his socks scarcely above ankle height. He carried out his work with grace, sitting deep in frotn of the defence and keeping Arsenal moving intelligently. 7

The 2 midfielders we need to watch next season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom