• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,773
  • Views 1,156,429

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Barnet game tonight. Didn't go, I'm in the midst of typing up some notes.

Amaechi apparently travelled but he is not in the U23 team. I've read in a Sky Sports about our youth that he's close to a permanent move to an "unnamed German team". That's either Leipzig or Bayern IMO, they were the ones who were supposedly scouting him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Barnet game tonight. Didn't go, I'm in the midst of typing up some notes.

Amaechi apparently travelled but he is not in the U23 team. I've read in a Sky Sports about our youth that he's close to a permanent move to an "unnamed German team". That's either Leipzig or Bayern IMO, they were the ones who were supposedly scouting him.
Some lad mentioned Hamburg on Twitter a few days ago which is a weird rumour to make up.

As I said in the transfer forum, this smells like Bayern doing what they did with Gnabry. Get a smaller club to buy him for a small sum and then give them double the following summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Some lad mentioned Hamburg on Twitter a few days ago which is a weird rumour to make up.

As I said in the transfer forum, this smells like Bayern doing what they did with Gnabry. Get a smaller club to buy him for a small sum and then give them double the following summer.
Very likely. Weird that they don't just buy and loan straight away but I guess this way they don't have to give him a contract if he gets hurt bad or isn't a success. I can see Amaechi starting for a small team in the Bundesliga - his pace and dribbling will always be at a premium. It is a shame we won't see any serious corn for him either, but that's what happens when we don't give them the right platform to play - we can't even sell them for decent money :lol:.

Good luck to Xavier though, I think he's a genuine top class talent but the road is crowded here. I'm already quite prepared for his success in Bundesliga, followed by a crying chorus reminiscent of the constant cries for Gnabry. "Why did we get rid of him? While Iwobi is still playing for us? :mad::mad:". Something like that..

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Very likely. Weird that they don't just buy and loan straight away but I guess this way they don't have to give him a contract if he gets hurt bad or isn't a success. I can see Amaechi starting for a small team in the Bundesliga - his pace and dribbling will always be at a premium. It is a shame we won't see any serious corn for him either, but that's what happens when we don't give them the right platform to play - we can't even sell them for decent money :lol:.

Good luck to Xavier though, I think he's a genuine top class talent but the road is crowded here. I'm already quite prepared for his success in Bundesliga, followed by a crying chorus reminiscent of the constant cries for Gnabry. "Why did we get rid of him? While Iwobi is still playing for us? :mad::mad:". Something like that..
Yeah it’s annoying, I actually think he’s got more potential than Saka and Nelson. He’s got the height, pace and ability to make it.

It was always going to be tough to keep all four of Nelson, ESR, Saka and Amaechi, we’ll have done well to keep the other three tbh.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah it’s annoying, I actually think he’s got more potential than Saka and Nelson. He’s got the height, pace and ability to make it.

It was always going to be tough to keep all four of Nelson, ESR, Saka and Amaechi, we’ll have done well to keep the other three tbh.
It's his ability to just bludgeon teams with pace and dribbling. Ox had that ability aswell. Like a broad sword, just straight through defenders. Definitely a more explosive dribbler than the others, even Saka.

I still think Nelson has the most potential star quality, but I think he's the kinda player that can't play on the periphery of games - he has to be on the ball a lot to get comfy. Been paying close attention so far this tour, and the one thing about Nelson's game time that has stood out to me is that he looked much better the more he got possession. I think he does need to work more on his off the ball positioning, but I also think the coaches would do well to allow him to receive possession inside more often. He's found easier in these positions where he can turn and play combinations and dribble past people in the tighter areas. All his best games for the U23s and even at Hoffenheim came when he was in the centre of the pitch funnily enough. There's still space for him wide, but they have to allow him to cut in to see the best of him. He could do Iwobi's role with more goals IMO.

Saka is the wildcard though, he's diligent enough in both tight and open areas and has a clever final ball. Seems a lot more level-headed in these areas. Not that Nelson can't be, but he's more a shooter at this point than passer.

I agree though, was gonna be tough to keep all 4. It could have been done if we were more committed to the idea of promoting from within from the start of Emery's reign but it's done now and I think it might turn out for the best. We'll see how it goes. There's still a great deal of talent + Martinelli looks decent.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Embarrassment of riches in the striking department. Would be something special if we could eventually phase out and replace Auba and Laca from within.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Embarrassment of riches in the striking department. Would be something special if we could eventually phase out and replace Auba and Laca from within.
It would be tough simply because how long do these young strikers plan on waiting for that. Nketiah is 20. John-Jules is 18 going on 19 and Balogun is also 18. There's time for all 3 and Auba and Laca are both not very young, but more likely if there are to be chances for them they'd have to take it on loan (maybe Nketiah stays) and then we'd have to sell one of Auba and Laca while they're still assets. Will be tough.

I've read that we're playing 4-3-3 though in this Barnet game, with Matt Smith setting deep behind Cottrell and McEneff. Quite a technical midfield that. Matt Smith will be of great interest next season. Has competition with Burton but there's a possibility that Burton, Olayinka and Smith all play in a 3 man midfield with this set-up.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Even though I’m English I hope Balogun chooses to represent the US.

Nelson calls Balogun baby Nketiah btw. :lol:
He's very Eddie like. This is the kinda sh*t Nketiah was doing when he was in the U18 team too. At the very least if Balogun continues on this trajectory we could afford to lose Eddie if he gets antsy and wants to leave. He's quick, decent dribble, decent all-round game and a real eye for goal. Perhaps not quite as much of an all-rounder as Eddie currently is.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It would be tough simply because how long do these young strikers plan on waiting for that. Nketiah is 20. John-Jules is 18 going on 19 and Balogun is also 18. There's time for all 3 and Auba and Laca are both not very young, but more likely if there are to be chances for them they'd have to take it on loan (maybe Nketiah stays) and then we'd have to sell one of Auba and Laca while they're still assets. Will be tough.

I've read that we're playing 4-3-3 though in this Barnet game, with Matt Smith setting deep behind Cottrell and McEneff. Quite a technical midfield that. Matt Smith will be of great interest next season. Has competition with Burton but there's a possibility that Burton, Olayinka and Smith all play in a 3 man midfield with this set-up.
That’s why I want Nketiah to go out on loan. John-Jules is capable of playing the few minutes Nketiah would likely get and Balogun can take over at u23 level with Greenwood at u18 level.

I personally really rate John-Jules, love a link up man who can also score.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That’s why I want Nketiah to go out on loan. John-Jules is capable of playing the few minutes Nketiah would likely get and Balogun can take over at u23 level with Greenwood at u18 level.

I personally really rate John-Jules, love a link up man who can also score.
John-Jules is the most unique of all the 5 strikers IMO. He's the most well-rounded of all of them. Maybe doesn't excel in one particular area like they do, but he does so many things well for someone of his age that it's hard to count him out. He's got a huge amount of promise, more than perhaps even people who like him realize.

He's like a CF version of Joe Willock - good physique, good technical base, links play, good touch, can dribble to a decent standard, has a cracking through pass on him, and he gets into very good goalscoring positions. There's an old video of some of his U16 finishes on youtube - if he can bring that kind of shooting prowess up a few levels, that's a real dangerous CF you have there. Big teams are on the hunt for him, he's only got a year left on his deal like Amaechi. I reckon he'll stay but there's a good chance that if he signs, he's more likely to go on loan than Nketiah is.

But yeah honestly we didn't even try to keep Amiechi or show we believed in him. One or two game instead of Mhikishitaryan playing, a couple of subs cameos for Mhikishitaryan and take him on the ****ing tour instead of injured Mavrapanos or Smith-Rowe.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I see people ares till banging on that Amiechi is better talent than Saka drum. Only because he look fancier when he dribbles. FFS... Well go eat bowl full of dicks guys.

I bet anything if Saka makes it here, whenever he has a poor game people will say stuff like he is not good enough as a winger and needs to be a fullback.

Plus those people that never even watched Amaechi play a full game at U23 will keep saying he has more star potential than Saka smh. Both are basically the same level.

Saka 1 year younger, Amaechi bigger, better touch and more explosive, Saka more guile to his play and more cerebral.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I bet anything if Saka makes it here, whenever he has a poor game people will say stuff like he is not good enough as a winger and needs to be a fullback.

Plus those people that never even watched Amaechi play a full game at U23 will keep saying he has more star potential than Saka smh. Both are basically the same level.

Saka 1 year younger, Amaechi bigger, better touch and more explosive, Saka more guile to his play and more cerebral.
Agreed - Amaechi has the capacity to play a more subtle game but generally doesn't. With him, it'll come down to coaching+staying fit I feel. With the right coach, he could explode. Saka is already playing a more subtle game even though his game+attributes arguably suits an even more direct play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom