• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,933

teamsoutheast

Think the technical level of some of our players coming up will surprise quite a few. Good blend of physical and technical quality now.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Technical level is very good indeed in all areas of the field. If Balogun can be this prolific at u23 level this season then he is well on his way to at least a loan next season. I am interested to see how Trae Coyle does too.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Apparently some guy called Mutzel at Hamburg was the driving force behind Amaechi joining them. He loves British youth football and Arsenal especially apparently.

You guys know who this devil is? @SingmeasongSong @Toby Andrl

Needs banning from the games before he grabs anymore. :mad:

Know him - yes, but cannot say I'm highly informed about his vita. A few years back you'd probably had me with an answer 3 pages long, but not enough time anymore to follow everything. Mostly focusing on the PL, most important bits of La liga and Bundesliga and sometimes a bit of ligue 1.

That's already hard to keep up with nowadays, sorry !

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Apparently some guy called Mutzel at Hamburg was the driving force behind Amaechi joining them. He loves British youth football and Arsenal especially apparently.

Lead Hoffenheim's academy for a year, then was Sporting Director at Greuther Fürth for another, then Chief Scout back at Hoffenheim for three years, now Technical Director at HSV under Sporting Director Boldt. Highly rated scout and analyst. Most voices said it was good business by Hamburg to get him as TD.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lead Hoffenheim's academy for a year, then was Sporting Director at Greuther Fürth for another, then Chief Scout back at Hoffenheim for three years, now Technical Director at HSV under Sporting Director Boldt. Highly rated scout and analyst. Most voices said it was good business by Hamburg to get him as TD.
Good pedigree then. Seems Hamburg might get to use their Bundesliga clock thing from 2020/21. :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You took the words right out of my mouth. Technical level is very good indeed in all areas of the field. If Balogun can be this prolific at u23 level this season then he is well on his way to at least a loan next season. I am interested to see how Trae Coyle does too.
Coyle looked good in these highlights. It's a huge season for him, he'll be one of the main wide players. Him on one side and Saka likely on the other. Unless Saka is loaned which is unlikely.

He won't be the only one going to these games and being impressed either. Amaechi must have been sold a big dream. We will see how it turns out. I think there's gonna be a lot more of this going by the reports I'm seeing. Keep an eye on John-Jules. There will be quite a few of our boys getting watched this season aswell.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Did Musah go to Valencia? Forgot if anything was confirmed there
He played for them the other day - it hasn't been confirmed but that's what it looks like so far. To me, it's a toss up between him and VDC for who was the biggest loss. Musah is the biggest pure talent we've lost of the academy - a potentially complete midfielder who can do everything. This is like Man U losing Pogba when they did. The fortunate thing for us is that we have a comparable talent in Miguel Azeez - a slightly different player, not one as explosive as Musah, but one not lacking in dynamism at all. A big, technical central midfielder who can pass and dribble to a high standard. So we can just about absorb that Musah loss. Same with Amaechi - massive talent but in an area where we are loaded with other massive talents. It's VDC's loss that will hurt more because we don't have many other RB talents unless we move someone. My guess is it will be James Olayinka. Versatile, similar to AMN.

teamsoutheast

He played for them the other day - it hasn't been confirmed but that's what it looks like so far. To me, it's a toss up between him and VDC for who was the biggest loss. Musah is the biggest pure talent we've lost of the academy - a potentially complete midfielder who can do everything. This is like Man U losing Pogba when they did. The fortunate thing for us is that we have a comparable talent in Miguel Azeez - a slightly different player, not one as explosive as Musah, but one not lacking in dynamism at all. A big, technical central midfielder who can pass and dribble to a high standard. So we can just about absorb that Musah loss. Same with Amaechi - massive talent but in an area where we are loaded with other massive talents. It's VDC's loss that will hurt more because we don't have many other RB talents unless we move someone. My guess is it will be James Olayinka. Versatile, similar to AMN.

You don't rate Osei Tutu no? His athleticism is excellent. If he has a good season on loan in Germany then he could be a surprise. I don't understand why VDC would go to Leicester. Is he from the midlands or something? I question some of the advice these guys may be getting???

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

You don't rate Osei Tutu no? His athleticism is excellent. If he has a good season on loan in Germany then he could be a surprise. I don't understand why VDC would go to Leicester. Is he from the midlands or something? I question some of the advice these guys may be getting???
I rate Osei Tutu - arguably most improved U23 we have. Just whether the club actually rate him as an option.

Top Bottom