<

General Reserves Talk

Discussion in 'The Arsenal Academy Page' started by M+D, Aug 3, 2010.

1. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

He came on in the last few minutes, he got like one touch of the ball.

Bit of a weird lineup for me. McEneff still getting starts, think he's petered out a bit as a prospect - thought Azeez would get the nod instead but they're playing it cool with him it seems. Oyegoke is at CB aswell!

Good to see Salah-Eddine get a start, hopefully we can see the 3 midfielders on the bench come on!

I'm torn between finding a stream for this and just watching the England U21s (given that we will actually have Arsenal players playing in that one rather than the senior team).

Vanfrothan likes this.
  2. oh to be a goon

oh to be a goon Active Member

Mertesacker is managing this game apparently.

3. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

4. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

5. Manberg

Manberg Predator

It's Bould

Vanfrothan likes this.
  6. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Man I totally missed the George Lewis hype train and now I see everyone's comparing him to Mbappe and Martinelli. So confused.

Vanfrothan likes this.
  7. Vanfrothan

Vanfrothan Active Member

AbouCuéllar likes this.
  8. Vanfrothan

Vanfrothan Active Member

I decided to join the George Lewis hype train earlier this week. Haven't been on a proper hype train since the Bendtner, Merida, Barazite days so I hope it works out better than those 3!

9. AbouCuéllar

Ah true, that seems to be him.

I think 76 is indeed Bradley Ibrahim, that would make him our youngest call-up.

Vanfrothan likes this.
  10. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

11. Vanfrothan

Vanfrothan Active Member

Manberg likes this.
  12. AbouCuéllar

Where is this George Lewis hype train occurring?

13. Arseshavin

Arseshavin Active Member

Two goals in two matches thus far! ;)

14. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Cottrell with the assist I see. He's always impressed me whenever I see him. What's going to happen to him this season? Will he go on loan or will he get a look in for cup games?

15. oh to be a goon

yeah. the stream said Mert at 1 point before the game started and I jumped the gun.

16. oh to be a goon

Apparently Trae Coyle scored for gillingham in the same competition.

I dont know much about the EFL cup. Would Medley and Coyle be available for Gillingham when they play us since we are in the same group?

17. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Did anyone watch this? Any players we should be getting excited about on the strength of this game?

Vanfrothan and oh to be a goon like this.
  18. MutableEarth

:lol: Flo Balogun.

Nah, seriously, looking at the twitter feeds of people who actually watched this on iFollow, Salah-Eddine, Lewis, Cottrell, Oyegoke and McGuinness were the impressive guys on the pitch.

Mo Britain likes this.
  19. MutableEarth

He's gonna end up staying probably, I don't see him going on loan. Maybe one or two cameos.
    79 is Zach Awe.
    76 is Luke Plange.

20. oh to be a goon

McGuiness was easily our best player. Smith did well in goal as well. Cottrell was energetic the whole game and had a great through ball for Balogun's goal. Lewis took his goal well, but otherwise looked fairly weak and had little link up (especially with Balogun).
    Salah was a mixed bag. Took about 10 minutes to touch the ball and another 10 to complete a pass. Got better as the game went on though, and had a nice opportunity after a great ball from Azeez when he turned the defender inside out but lashed his shot high and wide.

Aevi and MutableEarth like this.