<

General Reserves Talk

Discussion in 'The Arsenal Academy Page' started by M+D, Aug 3, 2010.

1. oh to be a goon

oh to be a goon Active Member

2. oh to be a goon

Can't get the stream to work, but apparently Taylor-Heart got called up and got the assist so far.

MutableEarth and Vanfrothan like this.
  3. Vanfrothan

Vanfrothan Active Member

It's 1-1 now. :(

4. Vanfrothan

Vanfrothan Active Member

2-1 Azeez!

Young guns are going for it in this competition!!

oh to be a goon and MutableEarth like this.
  5. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Taylor-Hart #9 I'm hearing - been speculating on Twitter that he would get moved there, I just wish I had a spare tenner to watch the game!

oh to be a goon likes this.
  6. MutableEarth

Arsenal win vs Crawley Town.

Ironic that despite Bould having a mare in the league, the U21 side has won both it's games against EFL opposition :lol:.

As I said on twitter not long ago, I think it has a lot to do with Bould's lineups being far better - particularly the fact that Miguel Azeez has been prominent in both games (getting the winner today for example), yet has not yet started in the league and barely featured.

I'm also really intrigued to see the highlights, if only to see how players like Taylor-Hart, Azeez and Cottrell got on in particular.

Maybe and Vanfrothan like this.
  7. oh to be a goon

Just got a chance to see the bench and it was really young too. Flores, Edwards, Kirk, Laing, and Plange all called up from u18s.

I wonder where the U23 regulars are like Balogun, Salah-Eddie and Lewis. Do we have another game soon or are they called up for international?

8. MutableEarth

Lewis and Salah-Eddine are injured I believe, and Balogun played for the England U20s today (I believe he assisted a goal for Xavier Amaechi of all people!).

9. Afro Mugo

Afro Mugo Well-Known Member

Those are the goals. Azeez pre-assisted the first. He had a really good game. His energy , touch and vision was constant trouble for Crawley . In comparison to the Chelsea game, he really brought something new to the midfield and it helped that Lopez was back hence Cottrell played further forward. Taylor-Hart is a very intriguing player , so many things can be done with his talent. Very many things . I'm happy of what I saw Miguel doing last night . Cottrell and Taylor Hart were good too and the difference between them and Olayinka and Akinola was quite clear last night.

10. Tosker

Tosker Does Not Hate Foreigners

I read that Azeez has been with Arsenal since the age of 5 so it's great to see him rising up through the ranks

Geofranco and oh to be a goon like this.
  11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

I think Azeez will get debut this season.

12. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Disappointing that we haven't loaned out Olayinka, ideally Cirjan, Taylor-Hart, and Azeez would be starting regularly at that level and Flores, Hutchinson, and Patino would be getting more involved as the season evolves. As it stands, without injuries, that's going to be complicated.

Glad to see Azeez with really his first standout performance for the U23s. Hopefully some more of those and he gets more into the first team picture.

13. Bigby3

Bigby3 Member

Olayinka has been loaned out to Southend United until the end of January. It was only comfirmed today.

AbouCuéllar likes this.
  14. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Nice little video on the youngsters I found. Kinda biased towards the English lads but overall it’s a good list of players that you can’t disagree with. One thing I will point out is that Balogun is the only one to make a first team appearance so far. Such a shame we didn’t have a proper preseason because those games can really change a manager’s perspective on things. Anyways here’s hoping these guys stay with us for a long time.

15. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

P.S is Omari Hutchinson the best dribbler in the academy?

16. MutableEarth

Not sure. He has competition with Marcelo Flores in that regard. Taylor-Hart would also be in the conversation IMO. Of the 1st years, I'd say Hutchinson or Flores. Hutchinson is probably the cleaner technician so maybe it leans to him.

RunTheTrap likes this.