• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,968

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal win vs Crawley Town.

Ironic that despite Bould having a mare in the league, the U21 side has won both it's games against EFL opposition :lol:.

As I said on twitter not long ago, I think it has a lot to do with Bould's lineups being far better - particularly the fact that Miguel Azeez has been prominent in both games (getting the winner today for example), yet has not yet started in the league and barely featured.

I'm also really intrigued to see the highlights, if only to see how players like Taylor-Hart, Azeez and Cottrell got on in particular.

oh to be a goon

Just got a chance to see the bench and it was really young too. Flores, Edwards, Kirk, Laing, and Plange all called up from u18s.

I wonder where the U23 regulars are like Balogun, Salah-Eddie and Lewis. Do we have another game soon or are they called up for international?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just got a chance to see the bench and it was really young too. Flores, Edwards, Kirk, Laing, and Plange all called up from u18s.

I wonder where the U23 regulars are like Balogun, Salah-Eddie and Lewis. Do we have another game soon or are they called up for international?
Lewis and Salah-Eddine are injured I believe, and Balogun played for the England U20s today (I believe he assisted a goal for Xavier Amaechi of all people!).

Afro Mugo

Arsenal win vs Crawley Town.

Ironic that despite Bould having a mare in the league, the U21 side has won both it's games against EFL opposition :lol:.

As I said on twitter not long ago, I think it has a lot to do with Bould's lineups being far better - particularly the fact that Miguel Azeez has been prominent in both games (getting the winner today for example), yet has not yet started in the league and barely featured.

I'm also really intrigued to see the highlights, if only to see how players like Taylor-Hart, Azeez and Cottrell got on in particular.
Those are the goals. Azeez pre-assisted the first. He had a really good game. His energy , touch and vision was constant trouble for Crawley . In comparison to the Chelsea game, he really brought something new to the midfield and it helped that Lopez was back hence Cottrell played further forward. Taylor-Hart is a very intriguing player , so many things can be done with his talent. Very many things . I'm happy of what I saw Miguel doing last night . Cottrell and Taylor Hart were good too and the difference between them and Olayinka and Akinola was quite clear last night.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Disappointing that we haven't loaned out Olayinka, ideally Cirjan, Taylor-Hart, and Azeez would be starting regularly at that level and Flores, Hutchinson, and Patino would be getting more involved as the season evolves. As it stands, without injuries, that's going to be complicated.

Glad to see Azeez with really his first standout performance for the U23s. Hopefully some more of those and he gets more into the first team picture.

Bigby3

Disappointing that we haven't loaned out Olayinka, ideally Cirjan, Taylor-Hart, and Azeez would be starting regularly at that level and Flores, Hutchinson, and Patino would be getting more involved as the season evolves. As it stands, without injuries, that's going to be complicated.

Glad to see Azeez with really his first standout performance for the U23s. Hopefully some more of those and he gets more into the first team picture.

Olayinka has been loaned out to Southend United until the end of January. It was only comfirmed today.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Nice little video on the youngsters I found. Kinda biased towards the English lads but overall it’s a good list of players that you can’t disagree with. One thing I will point out is that Balogun is the only one to make a first team appearance so far. Such a shame we didn’t have a proper preseason because those games can really change a manager’s perspective on things. Anyways here’s hoping these guys stay with us for a long time.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
P.S is Omari Hutchinson the best dribbler in the academy?
Not sure. He has competition with Marcelo Flores in that regard. Taylor-Hart would also be in the conversation IMO. Of the 1st years, I'd say Hutchinson or Flores. Hutchinson is probably the cleaner technician so maybe it leans to him.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
yunus musah extends with Valencia till 2026 with a RC of 100m

sigh the one that got away

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
yunus musah extends with Valencia till 2026 with a RC of 100m

sigh the one that got away
He won't be the last unfortunately. The game is the game!

I'm predicting a few tough departures from the current scholar group. Taylor-Hart still doesn't have a pro deal for example.

Top Bottom