• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,566

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Thought Lewis and Akinola were reserves signings that would enable us to send the bigger talents on loan. Shows how horrendous work Mertesacker has been doing. Everything about reserves teams last year was terrible.

Will be interesting to see what we can do this season otherwise we should seriously start thinking about moving Mertesacker on.
What has any of that got to do with Mertesacker?

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Arsenal u21s are playing Swindon town at 19:00 GMT
England u21s are playing Kosovo, also at 19:00 GMT

Balogun, ESR, and surprisingly John-Jules were called up for England, I'll watch the england game if at least two of those boys are starting.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Balogun and John-Jules on the bench for the England u21 game, ESR not even in squad. A game was cancelled last week reportedly because of covid - seems highly likely ESR is the culprit here, I can't imagine him not making the squad. I wonder how this will influence Emile's availability for the Norwich game.

Anyway. Guess I'm watching the Arsenal U21's.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Balogun and John-Jules on the bench for the England u21 game, ESR not even in squad. A game was cancelled last week reportedly because of covid - seems highly likely ESR is the culprit here, I can't imagine him not making the squad. I wonder how this will influence Emile's availability for the Norwich game.

Anyway. Guess I'm watching the Arsenal U21's.
He was in the training video yesterday so I doubt it's COVID related.

Still waiting for the lineup for the Arsenal U21 game, I'll see if I can find a stream that doesn't cost £10 :lol:. Would be nice to see John-Jules or Balogun come off the bench. I think Balogun will probably end up playing for the USA but John-Jules would be good for sure. Big fan of his, although his pathway is very much insecure right now - he has all the tools.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
He was in the training video yesterday so I doubt it's COVID related.

Still waiting for the lineup for the Arsenal U21 game, I'll see if I can find a stream that doesn't cost £10 :lol:. Would be nice to see John-Jules or Balogun come off the bench. I think Balogun will probably end up playing for the USA but John-Jules would be good for sure. Big fan of his, although his pathway is very much insecure right now - he has all the tools.
Still looking for a link for the Arsenal U21 game lol... nothing

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police

Found a stream for the second half if anyone is interested

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Looks like Patino had a really good game against Swindon. I wonder if they are going to be facing any League 1 or Championship teams in the tournament.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I get Cesc vibe tbh.
Remains to be seen. I've seen a lot of Frenkie De Jong comparisons which make sense, but he has that Wilshere gait so everyone says he is like Wilshere. He has the aggression but strangely - despite being taller - is less powerful than Wilshere. More cerebral for sure.

I think he needs more patience than perhaps people would like to give. Big talent but the iron isn't hot enough yet.

Jack_The_Lad

Remains to be seen. I've seen a lot of Frenkie De Jong comparisons which make sense, but he has that Wilshere gait so everyone says he is like Wilshere. He has the aggression but strangely - despite being taller - is less powerful than Wilshere. More cerebral for sure.

I think he needs more patience than perhaps people would like to give. Big talent but the iron isn't hot enough yet.
Yeah, not everyone's ready at 17 (actually the ones that are ready are freaks). Lad needs time for sure. He's gonna fill out a bit for sure, love that he's got the awareness which is way harder to train.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Found these videos of Patino playing for England last April. Actually an amazing quality set of games, maybe the best youth games I've ever seen.

Does anyone know which age group this was for?
Also are there any other Arsenal players in this XI?

Just want to say that i've been a Patino fan before most of you...

Tom349

Jumping the gun a little here but kind of crazy how the club has had Patino, Azeez and Musah come through the ranks within a three year period. Obviously Musah left us for Valencia but those three could have made for a very interesting midfield three going forward.

Latest posts

Top Bottom