• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,923

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lewis-Skelly is cutting through them at will every time he dribbles but his ball winning, shielding and passing ideas are just as impressive. Perhaps execution on those passes need a little work but his vision is superb.

Nwaneri in contrast very quiet today but not really a game for forwards this. Dibling the only forward who looks good.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Highlights
Obviously biased but when you compare him to Golding and Dyer, the two Chelsea boys, he’s another level completely.

The tall Man City DM looks really good to be fair but in every u17 game I’ve watched this season the three standouts have been our two and Dibling - left footed ESR.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Obviously biased but when you compare him to Golding and Dyer, the two Chelsea boys, he’s another level completely.

The tall Man City DM looks really good to be fair but in every u17 game I’ve watched this season the three standouts have been our two and Dibling - left footed ESR.
Nwaneri was a bit quiet in the last game but his close control and ability in the final 3rd is undeniable. Not really a fan of the way Garry set up this team though, the long balls into Chiwome were very hit and miss. Couldn't get Dibling and Nwaneri into it in the first half. They looked more threatening when Oboavwoduo came on.

Like you, I'm a fan of the City DM aswell. Like a better version of our Ibrahim. Think we lack a 6 like that of that quality at the moment - I'm waiting to see what we get from Ayden Heaven next season but even he looks like an 8 from the little I've seen. As for Golding, think he's got something but just seems a bit passive at times. I actually like it when Lewis-Skelly plays DM because he actually gets the ball. Whenever he plays left 8, he isn't as involved and you absolutely need a player like Lewis-Skelly to be involved all the time. Not just for his dribbling but his use of the ball is a lot more refined than one would think. Execution could be smoother occasionally but his ideas are always very good. Also he's a good ball winner so that helps.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
As expected, France look excellent. Lewis-Skelly seeing a fair bit of the ball deep but no raking dribbles yet. Nwaneri looking off the pace.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
England are struggling. Can't really get on the ball and can't do anything with it when they get it. They need that City lad playing at 6. I'd keep Lewis-Skelly on but his passing been a little ropey today.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

England are struggling. Can't really get on the ball and can't do anything with it when they get it. They need that City lad playing at 6. I'd keep Lewis-Skelly on but his passing been a little ropey today.
It’s been awful.

Not a fan of Garry, he’s had them sat so deep all tournament.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It’s been awful.

Not a fan of Garry, he’s had them sat so deep all tournament.
Same. Got time for him coz ex-Arsenal but haven't been impressed with him this tournament. Might improve now that he doesn't have Chiwome to lob balls at - sad for the kid though.

Lewis-Skelly has had 2 guys around him all game aswell. No release valve.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Same. Got time for him coz ex-Arsenal but haven't been impressed with him this tournament. Might improve now that he doesn't have Chiwome to lob balls at - sad for the kid though.

Lewis-Skelly has had 2 guys around him all game aswell. No release valve.
He’s been poor but all the team have really. Again, think it’s mostly down to the coaching.

The spacing between players is so poor, defence is deep and you have a tall striker 60 yards away.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wow England could have gone in to half time ahead!

Hopefully they can pick it up. Need Lewis-Skelly on the ball way more. That City DM should come on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He’s been poor but all the team have really. Again, think it’s mostly down to the coaching.

The spacing between players is so poor, defence is deep and you have a tall striker 60 yards away.
Midfield too far apart aswell. Golding far away from everyone all the time, Nwaneri floating around, Lewis-Skelly in the middle by himself and trying to plug gaps. Wingers have struggled aswell.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I think we should abolish Hale End so we can save money. The fool in charge despise the youth players and dont want to use them at all.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Great Post from Jeorge Bird.
Umm.. not sure about the criticism about the last game.

He brought in Nelson, ESR and Nketiah who are all own youth. Also Vieira who needs game-time. They are all still young.

Then he brought in Tierney, not sure if there was another LB on the bench? And he might have wanted to give hime some game-time to up his value?

Why would you play even younger players, when these players who have more value and bigger contracts, need to play too?

Latest posts

Top Bottom