• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,156,104

scytheavatar

Established Member
None of these youngsters are significantly better than the squad players we have. Most of them haven't even played mens football yet let alone competed at the highest level. They will have plenty of opportunity to impress in pre-season where there is less pressure. But they must show they can be competitive and give the existing squad players a good "run for their money". No point having a young player in the first team squad if he cannot compete against the players at Man Utd, Man City, or any other team domestically or in Europe. I watched the young players quite a lot last season and some of them struggled to play aginst men at Vanarama National level so imagine how they would be against top level premier league players!! :lol:

BTW, ESR hasn't been useless. He's been injured for a large part of the season.

That's the thing though, Arteta probably won't even use these youngsters during pre-season. See what happened during our latest pre-season.

There are a lot of questions to the state of our youth setup in recent times that should be asked, like why some of these older players who are obviously not good enough are clogging up our U23 and depriving slots for our best U18s. Not going to name them cause we all know who they are. This makes me worry cause of course it is hard for a youth player to be the next Saka, but at the same time it is nonsense to say all our youth players right now have no talent. Is it their fault, or the fault of the club for not taking their development seriously?

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
That's the thing though, Arteta probably won't even use these youngsters during pre-season. See what happened during our latest pre-season.

There are a lot of questions to the state of our youth setup in recent times that should be asked, like why some of these older players who are obviously not good enough are clogging up our U23 and depriving slots for our best U18s. Not going to name them cause we all know who they are. This makes me worry cause of course it is hard for a youth player to be the next Saka, but at the same time it is nonsense to say all our youth players right now have no talent. Is it their fault, or the fault of the club for not taking their development seriously?

Who said they have no talent? I haven't said that so i'm not sure where that assertion has come from. Arteta did use players in pre-season. Ruell Walters, Lino Sousa, and Cozier-Duberry were involved in pre season and they are some of our best talents coming through.

Yes the youth squad is bloated at the moment but I expect that to be addressed this summer. Some of them have been very unfortunate as well ie Ben Cottrell and Catalin Cirjin who have suffered long term injuries and the club have quite rightly stood by them and supported them through that. They will both most likely be moved on this summer to play mens football which is where they should be based on their ages.

I think we are moving in the right direction in terms of our youth development. We reached an FA youth cup final beating an exceptional Man City side on the way albeit losing in the final to a very good West Ham side, but that's a fantastic acheivement for the club and great experience for the youngsters to reach a compeititive domestic final.

I think we just need to loan players earlier and get them playing compeititve mens football if they are ready and ensure the squad players we are left with can stay compeititive in the youth/reserve leagues. We have started to fast track players alot sooner though based on last season so we are definitely moving in the right direction.

Another thing I like is that we are bringing back former players to coach the younger players. Bringing back Wilshere who has gone through the ranks and graduated through the Hale End Academy ranks to a fully seasoned professional, knows the club, loves the club, knows the setup, knows the expectations and standards that need to be set.

Allowing Cesc Fabregas to coach and be a mentor while he's doing his coaching badges with us is a great move by the club. He has also spent a ittle time in our academy but was head and shoulders above that level and has had a brilliant career ever since being a serial winner at all levels. He's "been there and done that" so will be heavily influential to the young guys with some being young enough to remember watching him play for the Arsenal. :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Another talented young keeper at Arsenal.

For me, best 3 right now are Ejeheri, Okonkwo and this lad Noah Cooper. Khari Ranson looks good from the small clips I've seen aswell.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Another talented young keeper at Arsenal.

For me, best 3 right now are Ejeheri, Okonkwo and this lad Noah Cooper. Khari Ranson looks good from the small clips I've seen aswell.
What do you reckon to Rojas Fed? Seems to have dropped out of view after a decent start to u18s life.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What do you reckon to Rojas Fed? Seems to have dropped out of view after a decent start to u18s life.
I think the other keepers just seem to stand out a little bit more for whatever reason. Cooper, for example, has risen to prominence in such a short time due to his work in the Youth Cup. Rojas does look very talented in fairness to him but there's an overabundance of talented keepers at academy level so hard to standout. Grazcyk has the same problem - excellent shot-stopper but I feel his distribution, while decent, isn't as good as Ejeheri's or Okonkwo's for example and now he has Cooper breathing down his neck. Rojas will probably be the main guy for the U18s next season, and I think he'll do well once he has a run of games.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What the freak has these people proved? Since when has ESR been so good that he is irreplaceable and has the god given right to be in the first team?
Have you even watched Arsenal in recent years?

ESR managed 10+2 in 1920 minutes in the 21/22 season in EPL. A point per 160 minutes, which is pretty good for a young player.

So he has proven a lot more than most youth players ever will.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't find any player thread that was open for Maitland-Niles, but BBC is reporting that he has been released.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Talented definitely but boy does he look greedy. :LOL: Needs to pass that ball quicker which should come in time with coaching.
I don't mind my #9s being greedy tbh, I grew up on greedy strikers :lol:. I think we'll see more of what he is made of soon. Just think he could be the most well rounded we've produced since TJJ. Big, mobile, technical, scores goals etc. He could be a very big deal.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I don't mind my #9s being greedy tbh, I grew up on greedy strikers :lol:. I think we'll see more of what he is made of soon. Just think he could be the most well rounded we've produced since TJJ. Big, mobile, technical, scores goals etc. He could be a very big deal.
Yep, We need that traditional CF like Haaland/Benzema/Lewandowski, Strong, pacy, can score goals and do everything.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who’s left so far? @MutableEarth

I saw Smith and Cirjan have gone, what about the other 21/22yr olds. Need a complete restructure with no more relegation.

Top Bottom