• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,824
  • Views 1,176,077

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Ahead of the official Premier League announcement of all men’s players who will be out of contract at their current clubs on June 30, we are taking this opportunity to thank those players leaving us at the end of the month.

We are saying goodbye to the following men’s players and scholars, and have also included the three women’s players we have previously announced will also be departing.

Players are presented in alphabetical order:

Mauro Bandeira
Omari Benjamin
Luis Brown
Catalin Cirjan
Noah Cooper
Sabrina D’Angelo
Henry Davies
Ovie Ejeheri
Mohamed Elneny
Taylor Foran
Hubert Graczyk
James Hillson
Henry Jeffcott
Tyreece John-Jules
Alex Kirk
James Lannin-Sweet
Kaylan Marckese
Vivianne Miedema
Arthur Okonkwo
Kamarni Ryan
Cedric Soares
Kido Taylor-Hart

In addition, please note the following players’ contracts also expire on June 30. Discussions are ongoing and once matters are finalised between all parties, we will communicate in due course.

Amario Cozier-Duberry
Karl Hein
Reuell Walters

We thank all the players leaving us for their contributions to the club. You will always be part of the Arsenal family and we wish you all the best of health and happiness in your futures.

Any further developments regarding players extending their contracts, as well as joining/re-joining, or leaving us, will be officially communicated when confirmed.

Some of my favorites leaving: Cirjan, elneny, Hillson, TJJ, Hillson, Okonkwo

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Some of my favorites leaving: Cirjan, elneny, Hillson, TJJ, Hillson, Okonkwo
Yeah, these weren't the big surprise to be fair. James Sweet leaving was a bigger one. He'd actually improved quite a lot and even though he probably wouldn't have made it, I thought he'd at least get a little extension and a loan. He could be a very astute pickup for whoever gets him.

Sulosky

Yeah, these weren't the big surprise to be fair. James Sweet leaving was a bigger one. He'd actually improved quite a lot and even though he probably wouldn't have made it, I thought he'd at least get a little extension and a loan. He could be a very astute pickup for whoever gets him.
That's so sweet <3

1d32c3e3-8a11-4c73-a70e-5173314e8bfd_text.gif

Afro Mugo

It surprised me too. It seems Per/Edu have opted for a total clean up. It's not very common seeing all those u18s leave at a go. Aside from Rosiak, none of the rest have signed pro deals, though of course the offers are on the table and they are expected to sign. . Aside from the exceptional talents such as Ethan and MLS we've been increasingly opting to offer contracts at the end of their scholarships. I'm surprised Heaven hasn't signed one yet .Quite a risky approach. Taking into account of the injuries and loans that may happen , we may be a bit short numbers wise next season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Did you watch the interview with the ex Chelsea/Arsenal scout from a while back?

He says Chelsea go further than Arsenal to get the best youth.

To me the inference is.... 🤔

Man City & Chelsea both have hoovered up youth talent.

Both clubs under investigation
Chelsea offer jobs, houses and money to the families to get the best talents. They don't mess around at all. Arsenal I feel still slightly operate on the policy of "If they don't wanna join, we don't want them" approach. That and I think we were looking for different things in the earlier days. We had physically gifted players at one point but we went full technical and got overrun every season at that level. It's only recently we've managed to get some big kids in our team. Wilshere's team in particular has gotten a little injection of athleticism towards the end of the season, which led to our better form (notwithstanding Chido Obi's antics upfront).

I'm not surprised Edu has made it a priority to bolster our recruitment. We are currently the premier London club and historically have been for a while now, we should be doing MUCH better in that area. If it means we have to start shelling out more, then that's what we're gonna do.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Chelsea offer jobs, houses and money to the families to get the best talents. They don't mess around at all. Arsenal I feel still slightly operate on the policy of "If they don't wanna join, we don't want them" approach. That and I think we were looking for different things in the earlier days. We had physically gifted players at one point but we went full technical and got overrun every season at that level. It's only recently we've managed to get some big kids in our team. Wilshere's team in particular has gotten a little injection of athleticism towards the end of the season, which led to our better form (notwithstanding Chido Obi's antics upfront).

I'm not surprised Edu has made it a priority to bolster our recruitment. We are currently the premier London club and historically have been for a while now, we should be doing MUCH better in that area. If it means we have to start shelling out more, then that's what we're gonna do.
I agree it's tough though if Chelsea are pushing the envelope in more ways than one.
We have our reputation as a classy club.
Throwing too many inducements at kids/families is not always the way to behave.
A lot of this was put in place under Abramovich.
If stuff in the future comes out about Chelsea being the wrong side of the line they may be punished?

I think more safeguards/rules are needed to stop shady behaviour.

However we need to compete & be very proactive.

We also certainly need to improve our loan record.

Afro Mugo

We should also note a lot of these talents from the Reece James golden generation were recruited between 07-15 . They were very aggressive with the Abramovich money while us we were still operating on shoestring budgets at first team level so could only do so much at academy level. With them currently putting so much work on international recruitment, we've began going aggressive not only in London but also in Scotland and Northern Ireland that are exempt from Brexit rules. So we may only see the results after a decade of Mertesacker.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It may well be that the stockpiling of talent from Chelsea at all levels has actually started to backfire though. In the last week or so, we've been linked to 2 of their best talents - Rio Nguhoma and, more recently, Ryan McAidoo. I don't know quite how good McAidoo is, only seen a couple pretty impressive clips, but Nguhoma really jumps off the page at you as soon as you see him. Flair and technical ability, and really has the acceleration too. I don't know if we will sign them or if they're even going to leave Chelsea but having players on that level want to jump ship from arguably the strongest academy in the country is pretty damning.

If we do sign them, it does put further pressure onto our current U18 wing duo Louis Zecevic-John and Brando Bailey-Joseph. I have heard a lot of great things about the latter in particular so I'm curious to see his development at Arsenal. He'll still be a schoolboy next season but something tells me that even with recruitment at that level he will make an impact under Wilshere, who seems to rate him. I think in the next couple of seasons we will see the academy make a significant step towards creating a stronger foundation.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do we need a Chido Martin thread in the transfer forum? Getting concerned about all the noise spewing about him leaving
Tbh no, it's not major news in the grand scheme of things. The only people who will give a **** are people who watch the academy (i.e. us) and people who have an axe to grind with Arteta for not playing the youngsters.

I understand the concern and share them to a lesser extent but given the young man's own comments regarding his status next season as well as the fact that his new agency are employing a very familiar and aggressive strategy towards getting the players demands - as we've seen with their more illustrious clientele, I feel pretty confident that Chido Martin Obi is staying.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom