• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,047

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
I should probably be cheering Rovers on, what with them being my local team, albeit only spiritually, and all.

... naw, I'm happier as a barstooler.

qs

Established Member
Missed the match because they changed kick off from 3pm to 12:30 without letting us know. Loads of people going mad when we arrived. Seems like very few actually watched the match. Absolute farce.

M+D

Established Member
The Arsenal goals from today (via Young Guns) - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwaUxottG4o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwaUxottG4o</a>

JET's finish was quality.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Jay-Emmanuel-Thomas-could-be-loaned-back-to-Doncaster-from-Arsenal-article561873.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 61873.html</a>

Emmanuel Thomas could be loaned-back to Doncaster from Arsenal

KY

Established Member
by the way, how does one pronounce Lansbury's name? Is it on-ri like our legend or hen-ri like the crazy english tudorian king? He's english isn't he so shouldn't it be hen-ry? but the commentator pronounced it as on-ri..

M+D

Established Member
It's pronounced like the English name KY, think the stadium announcer got a little carried away.

I'm not convinced that JET will actually go out on loan at all for the first half of the season btw, have a feeling Wenger will keep him around the squad and give him CC games for now.

asajoseph

Established Member
I gather that Argentine keeper (Damien Martinez) played this game for us - anyone read anything about how he performed?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Armor for Sleep said:
With Bendtner injured we should hang onto him. He might even see PL action if one of our striker's picks up an injury.
anyone know how much we sold Jay Simpson for?

squallkid

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Armor for Sleep said:
With Bendtner injured we should hang onto him. He might even see PL action if one of our striker's picks up an injury.
anyone know how much we sold Jay Simpson for?

1.2 mil

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/837054-hull-city-set-to-sign-arsenal-youngster-jay-simpson-in-1-2m-transfer-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/837054-hul ... nsfer-deal</a>

squallkid

Established Member
USArsenal said:
cheers.. 1.2m and Hull have to pay in installments? seriously? I hope we attached a sell-on clause to that

He's no big loss but for some strange reason I think he'll either spend the rest of his career in the championship or move to spuds/villa/everton :|

ricky1985

Established Member
Wellington Silva now has a daily blog, keeping his fans in Brazil up-to-date with how he's getting to grips with England. First entry;

“Hi, my name is Wellington Silva, Fluminense footballer. Starting from next year I will play for Arsenal in England. I am in the UK going through a period of acclimatization to adapt to the area and better get to know my future teammates. This blog will allow you to know how my day to day life is going in England. I will stay in Europe until 5th September. You can be sure that I will have many things to talk about.”

“I know that it will be really difficult to get used to life in England, above all the weather, the language and food. Therefore I am taking English lessons and am going in search of new experiences. During this period I have already played in four friendlies for Arsenal’s B team. We won three and lost one. I managed to score a goal in our match with Manchester United last week.”

“All the best. I will let you know more tomorrow.”

Looks like he will be making his way back to Brazil on September 5th, as originally planned, too. There were rumours we were trying to keep him in England until he officially joins in January.

M+D

Established Member
The Reserves won very impressively, 5-0 away at Bolton as they kicked off their campaign.

JET scored two and set up the other three - I wonder what level of team is looking at trying to bring him in on loan? Must be a fair bit of interest anyway, although I think he'll stay til Jan at least.

Good to see Aneke step up with two as well, he's still only 17 remember.

No Lansbury so he'll presumably wrap up his move to Swansea pretty soon.

Godsend_Gooner

JET is in some form. Does this mean that his position is finally fixed? I'd think the recent performances merit some substitute appearances in the senior team for him.

Zinc

It certainly seems an impressive win. A really very strong reserves side we put out and i think we will put out a very strong 1 every game atleast untill jan. I can only really see, Hoyte, Randall, Barazite going out onloan from that the team we sent out, now and all are replaceable with good/great prospects.

I would love JET to get some first team football elsewhere though. Cant see him gettin game time with us else we have bit of a crisis. Its Carling Cup he has to showcase himself for a good loan in Jan i would think.

Chass

That was a majorly strong team we put out compared to usual reserve team standards. Bar Aneke, Afobe and maybe Miquel, that team is amassed with experience at reserve level. Very impressive nonetheless.

I suspect around 6 will be loaned out at some stage this season with the likes of Yennaris, Deacon and Angha going on to feature more prominently at reserve level.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom