• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,821

M+D

Established Member
It does have an option to buy though, so it was half right. Barazite on his way out unless he really impresses I'd guess.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
In that case I'm still angry, if it works out they can buy him. We shouldn't help any club with ties with Chelski.

Think we do need ties with other clubs on the continent.

-Shaun-

It's been fairly obvious for a while Nacer wasn't going to make it here unless he drastically improved. Look at the likes of Wilshere who's getting plenty of first-team action at the age of 18, Barazite is 20 now and nowhere near the starting eleven.

Your right though it is a shame, about 3-4 years ago everyone thought he was a very bright prospect.

clockwork orange

Was optimistic when we signed Nacer, he could turn into a 1st team player. He didn't developed as fast as I hoped. Always find it close to impossible to decide which talents make it. Sometimes it can be seemingly little things that decide.

Anyway Nacer hasn't given up on making the Arsenal first team.

I haven't given up on playing for Arsenal, but my 1st aim is to play in a full team (the one playing in the league)

I'm greatful for Heracles Almelo wanting to sign me too, but when Vitesse Arnhem came I immediately knew what I wanted. I'm born in Arnhem, grew up nearby, and I had my 1st season ticket when Vitesse opened their new stadium.
Source: De Gelderlander (local regional Dutch newspaper)

Let's hope the switch will trigger a sudden improvement.

asajoseph

Established Member
That's good to hear.

I think the big thing for me with him is his lack of pace. Technically he's always looked like an excellent player, at every level I've seen him, but he just seems so slow at times now that he's stepping up to play at 1st team level.

clockwork orange

Agree on that. Bit incompatible with modern football, so he has to become very special in other departments.

I still have some hope. He should try to become a 1st team regular asap. Improve by playing matches and try to become a starter for the Dutch U-21 team. Competitive matches it what he needs.

M+D

Established Member
Yeah we say it so often but what Barazite needs more than anything is to stay injury free for a few seasons.

He may already be 20 years old but he's missed so much football through injury so far and it's really cost him.

ricky1985

Established Member

Wenger's wise words sealed deal
Arsène Wenger’s wise words and his huge desire to complete the deal was the key factors in Ryo Miyaichi agreeing a switch to Arsenal over Ajax, the Japan Under 17 international has revealed.

Miyaichi will sign a five year development contract with the Gunners in December when his scholarship with Chukyo University expires. Ryo is expected in London at the end of the month for further checks on his cracked fibula, sustained during a trial game with Ajax against SVV Scheveningen. The injury initially ended the interest of both club’s but further scans revealed the fibula isn’t as badly damaged as initially thought and the prospect is looking at weeks rather than months out.

Ryo had earlier impressed when he featured in two of Arsenal’s second-string matches during pre-season, playing 60 and 45 minutes against Boreham Wood and AFC Wimbledon. The tricky left winger did enough in those matches to impress, and speaking to press back home in Japan, the youngster revealed a conversation he had with Wenger when the contract was offered;

“Mr Wenger told me that Arsenal is my home and I that should learn some English and come back soon”

“It was difficult to choose between Arsenal and Ajax, but Arsenal wanted me the most”

Miyaichi is a 180cm winger who can play on either flank. Predominantly right footed, the youngster is just at home on his left foot and brings speed, an awesome dribbling ability and a real eye for goal. He’s expected in England at the end of September.
So the extent of his injury was greatly exaggerated. If nothing else this signing should be good from a shirt-selling point of view. Although it does seem Wenger was genuinely eager to get him to the club. Sounds like an exciting prospect, shall watch his development with interest.

Meatwad

"The injury initially ended the interest of both club’s"

why does he keep persisting with this? he was the first to say our interest in the player ended and now that we're signing him he's repeatedly been saying the club reversed itself (not that he was just guessing that since the reports on the injury were so bad it must mean we've moved on). no club is going to just end their interest in a prospect like that before knowing the results of the scans. that's just basic.

Yaya

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/djourou-and-denilson-set-to-feature-for-reserves-against-blackburn-tonight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2010/ ... n-tonight/</a>

Eirico

Very intresting team. Would really have liked to see this live on arsenal.com, but now when that's impossible, they have lost another costumer.

M+D

Established Member
As ever Arsenal Youth spot on (bar Aneke's position I reckon) So the team is:

------------------------- Fabianski -----------------------

Yennaris --- Djourou ----- Squillaci ------ Miquel

-------------- Denilson ---- Eastmond ----------------

---------------------- Aneke -------------------------

Randall -------------- Afobe --------------- JET

And Benjani, David Dunn, Roberts and N'Zonzi all start for Blackburn too.

Eirico

Very intresting team. Would really have liked to see this live on arsenal.com, but now when that's impossible, they have lost another costumer.

ricky1985

Established Member
Wow, strong team for Blackburn. Great test for Squillaci.

Shame we can't watch this live, but the highlights should be interesting.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
M+D said:
As ever Arsenal Youth spot on (bar Aneke's position I reckon) So the team is:

------------------------- Fabianski -----------------------

Yennaris --- Djourou ----- Squillaci ------ Miquel

-------------- Denilson ---- Eastmond ----------------

---------------------- Aneke -------------------------

Randall -------------- Afobe --------------- JET

And Benjani, David Dunn, Roberts and N'Zonzi all start for Blackburn too.

Do you really reckon Randall will be in the front 3? Would you not think that Aneke would be better suited of the two in that position?

Interesting to see Yennaris at RB; wonder if Wenger would consider him to be an option there if injuries facilitated such a choice.

M+D

Established Member
Aneke isn't mobile enough to play in the front three and he won't play as a central stiker - I'd be shocked if it wasn't Randall on the right tbh, he's played there before after all.

The lack of coverage is really annoying btw, would have loved to see Squillaci's first appearance.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Fair enough, you know more about these things than me. I guess I don't see Randall as being a good fit for the front three (in the same way Rosicky isn't) and see Aneke as more of a flexible JET-type player.

Good to see the first-team quartet.

Yaya

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://tv.arsenal.com/default.aspx?p=channels/C3_S1b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tv.arsenal.com/default.aspx?p=channels/C3_S1b</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CHANCE FOR ARSENAL. Randall played Eastmond in down the left, who then found Aneke. The striker had time, but placed his shot straight at goalkeeper Kean

It looks like aneke is playing upfront according to arsenal tv commentary.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom