• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,793

Floating

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
Afobe's performance vs Greece U19s - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QSPRKI9rdY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QSPRKI9rdY</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might have been posted, but very impressive.

Agreed. Hope he gets called up to the U21's soon - they could do with a decent striker.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
ebouenolike said:
Afobe's performance vs Greece U19s - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QSPRKI9rdY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QSPRKI9rdY</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Might have been posted, but very impressive.

He looks very good physically and technically, but I've been worried by his awareness of team mates in the past. He's still young so there's plenty of time to work on that, so no worries.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Chuba Akpom's been called up to the reserves for tomorrow's friendly against Boreham Wood. Seems he might be one of the few that get fast tracked, Olsson also got game time in the cup game against Southampton so seems to be getting a similar treatment.

We seem pretty strong going forward for the next gen series this year with Ebecilio, Olsson, Gnabry, Rees, Eisfeld and Akpom (if he steps up to reserve level) all looking like promising players.

The new intake of youngsters in the under 18's have started well too with a 3-2 win over Chelsea. I know Iwobi scored and i've heard his name pop up before so i know i'm going to keep an eye out for him.

Things are looking fairly good on the youth front i just feel it's a bit of a shame that we're not getting the same quality of players at the back.

Vela

Established Member
Arsenal XI play Boreham Wood tomorrow 3PM KO.

Possible team (from Jeorge Bird's blog):

Martinez

Hajrovic-Boateng-Angha-Meade

Wynter-Henderson

Ebecilio-Olsson-Eisfeld

Watt

subs: Shea, Bihmoutine, Monteiro, Bellerin, Akpom, Rees, Roberts.

Neither Ebecilio or Eisfeld are wide-players so Arsenal will play very narrow if it's the starting eleven.

Also Arsenal U-18's beat Chelsea U-18's Lipman, Iwobi and Mugabo all scored. Gedion Zelalem started the game as well.

Vela

Established Member
Arsenal XI won they beat Boreham Wood 3-1. Watt and Akpom scored pens and Olsson scored the third.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Vela said:
Arsenal XI won they beat Boreham Wood 3-1. Watt and Akpom scored pens and Olsson scored the third.
Jamie Sanderson tweeted that Akpom and Olsson both played well, Henderson was excellent. I read the odd person writing Henderson off so perhaps he's still in with a shot especially with the lack of luck Lansbury seems to be getting with this injury right when he'd be going on tour. He makes me think of Ramsey at youth level, a good free kick, technical, tidy passing and likes to try and get a shot away.

Vela

Established Member
I think Henderson didn't go to the Asia tour as he's still a bit behind fitness wise. He only played one or two games last season for the Reserves.

Jeorge Bird done a match report on the game.
<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2012/07/21/akpom-and-jeffrey-catch-the-eye-in-boreham-wood-victory/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/2012/ ... d-victory/</a>

Yaya

Established Member
Vela said:
And there's the highlight /watch?v=273IfILbaTA&feature=player_embedded

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Surprised Watt hasn't been released yet. Seen him play a fair few times and he's been lackluster every single time.

ricky1985

Established Member
Very interested to see how we go about developing Olsson and Akpom in the next few seasons. Both are huge talents.

Still trying to work out why Gnabry hasn't been given a chance to impress so far and why he's not going to Asia? Gotta be still recovering from the injury that saw him miss the U17 Euros.

Also, Anthony Jeffrey is an interesting player. Not the most talented, but his movement is so good for a kid his age and he's frighteningly quick. Good with both feet as well. Reminds me a little of Barca's Pedro.

Vela

Established Member
Watt signed a new deal last season only because at the time he was scoring for fun in the Reserves. So Arsenal must have thought they could have sold Watt for a decent fee like they did with JET last summer.

Gnabry and Toral are still recovering they aren't even in full-training yet I don't think. Players like Olsson and Akpom most likely will be starters in the Next Gen Series. Jeffrey I think will be an impact player off the bench, going by Gnabry and Rees start out wide.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxPbcO-fCBk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxPbcO-fCBk</a>
Another great performance by Aneke hopefully a good loan spell at a Championship club will put him in contention for a first team place

evoh_1

Established Member
Aneke needs the right club where he can play as a playmaker either behind a striker or deeper and given the chance to express himself and start alot of games, shame is a can't think of a club that would do that. Going out to just be target man is a waste of his talent and won't improve his chances of making it here.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His work rate needs to be twice what it is right now, I wont say this year is crucial for him because he's still very young but he needs to improve in this area and quickly

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal have allowed 'keeper James Shea to join Preston on trial with a view to a loan deal. Needs games. Only 4 senior apps at 21.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Going by the buzz lately, Gedion Zelalem is supposed to be the next big thing in our academy. Apparently already trained with the first team and came first in the pre-season fitness tests at 15.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsène Wenger’s gamble on Thomas Eisfeld pays off

Arsène Wenger had to be convinced to sign Thomas Eisfeld in January. He’s glad he did now.

Arsenal had been expecting to sign out-of-contract Eisfeld this summer, but were forced to move in January, over fears that his club Borussia Dortmund were ready to offer bumper terms, to make him stay in Germany.

Wenger described bringing the 19-year-old to North London, six months early, as an opportunity to allow him time to settle. A handful of reserve team run outs and a good holiday later, and Eisfeld’s period of transition looks to have been most valuable.

A diminutive, intelligent and technical play-maker, he returns to London this week having made a notable impression during Arsenal’s pre-season tour of Asia. Three late substitute appearances, two goals and a feeling that this boy really is one for the future. Not bad, considering he only made the trip following a late injury to Henri Lansbury.

Eisfeld is one of Wenger’s most intriguing signings. At 19, he had made little influence on a Dortmund first-team geared to promote from within, and while he might have been given chances by now, he looks to be a genuine talent who has slipped the net.

His inclusion on the trip to Asia has presented Wenger with a key opportunity to take a close look. Eisfeld is a quiet, shy character, who is yet to associate himself with any of the groups within the current setup. Yet his awareness and appreciation of a pass, means he is a valuable and trusted ally on the pitch.

Arsenal just need to find him a position. New first-team coach Neil Banfield operated Eisfeld in an advanced number 10 role on his reserve team debut, but believes he could be a useful false nine – a position where he scored his first goal for the club, in the tail end of last season.

In Asia, Wenger has played him on both flanks, and also as a free player in a three-man central midfield. Either way, Eisfeld has qualities that are adaptable. He makes clever runs into the box, finds space, and can score goals.

Wenger must now decide what next to do with Eisfeld, but the general consensus is that he will spearhead Arsenal’s assault on the NextGen Series, while the Capital One Cup offers further opportunities for him to thrive.

He isn’t the only player to show positive signs in Asia, though. Chuks Aneke, Benik Afobe and Ignasi Miquel all showed glimpses of their potential, but all three are likely to spend next season on loan, polishing their craft.

All in all, the Asia experience will go down as one where youngsters and individuals benefited, and with a handful of squad places up for grabs, there’s plenty for Wenger to muse over.
he impressed me the most in pre season but he needs to bulk up to get game time in the FA cup/PL this season, will most likely be used in the CC

Top Bottom