<

General Reserves Talk

Discussion in 'The Arsenal Academy Page' started by M+D, Aug 3, 2010.

1. famous no 10

famous no 10 New Member Elite

Went to the Dartford Vs Arsenal reserves match tonight, we lost 2-1.

Firstly, we had pretty much all the possesion, Dartford are a good side, but the usual hoofed ball caught us out yet again.

Bellerin and Yennaris look decent, Aneke, although a huge lump of a player, is cumbersome...don't get the hype on that showing.

Watt looked ok, Miquel looked average, so did Bartley.

Eisfield looks like he has something, so does Gnabry.

Martinez made a couple of very good saves, then messed it all up for the second goal, along with Hajrovic.

Bimhoutine seemed like he had a good game at full back, haven't heard of him before.

2. kofigunner

kofigunner Well-Known Member Trusted

3. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

Yennaris will certainly go on loan but this kid is technically awesome
    Don't think he will make it at Arenal in the end but he's worked very hard to get this far

4. Vela

Vela Member

Arsenal Reserves are playing Chesham tomorrow.

Squad for the match - Shea, Bellerin, Monteiro, Fagan, Meade, Hayden, Jebb, Olsson, Rees, Roberts, Neita, Angha, Vickers, Akpom, Mugabo, Bihmoutine, Lipman, Roberts.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/arsenal-xi-squad-announced-for-chesham-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-ne ... esham-test</a>

Looks like the first-team will play the Reserves tomorrow in a behind closed door friendly.

5. kofigunner

kofigunner Well-Known Member Trusted

6. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

The reserves to become the U21 side in the new League format-isn't that how it's going to be structured this season?

7. jmsmtthw28

8. illmatik

illmatik Active Member

Whatever happened to Samuel Galindo?

9. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

Good question!

10. musicmonkey

musicmonkey Well-Known Member

I think he left recently, transfered to a Brazilian club i think.

11. illmatik

illmatik Active Member

Don't believe that, he's Bolivian and even Wiki doesn't even show that.

12. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

Thought he was gone on loan again? Maybe musicmonkey is thinking of Pedro?

13. musicmonkey

musicmonkey Well-Known Member

I could have been thinking of Botelho though i'm not sure. Botelho was certainly sold, Galindo had a trial at a Spanish league 2 team though i either haven't heard anything/can't remember whether he signed on or whether he's gone on loan.

14. Eirico

Eirico Active Member

Looking at the the England U16 squads the last couple of years, it seems like Chelsea have more players there than Arsenal every year. Seems like we are not as good as them at scouting/developing kids before they turn in to scholars and that we are losing out on the best prospects to them at a younger age. Still believe we are doing well, but I think the Chelsea set up is better for the U9-U16 player groups than ours.

15. evoh_1

evoh_1 New Member

Gnabry has gone with the first team to germany I think this is a very good move by Arsène as he has alot of talent and hopefully will get soem game time in the koln fixture to see where he is with the first team lads.

16. jmsmtthw28

Martinez
    Bellerin
    Hayden/angha (maybe)
    Miquel
    Toral
    Olsson
    Aneke
    Gnabry
    Apkom
    Afobe (if he an find his finishing again)

These are the players I hope will make in roads into the coming years

17. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

Very talented crop. I've heard rave reviews about Martinez, Olsson and Gnabry especially.

18. ricky1985

ricky1985 Active Member Elite

There's also Brandon Ormonde-ottewill (LB) and Jack Jebb, both have looked excellent for England U16s.

19. ebouenolike

ebouenolike New Member Trusted

Jebb's really highly rated, isn't he? Quite excited to see him come through the ranks.

20. jmsmtthw28

Afobe came on at half time and gives Bolton a winner
    Off to a flying start

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/live-updates-tranmere-v-wanderers-7.8.12-297504.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/live ... 97504.aspx</a>