• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,945

teamsoutheast

Let's see what Edwards can do at U23 level next season full time with Biereth going out on loan. Just signed a pro contract and needs a full season in the U23 to see how he fares. U18 level was a piece of cake for him but U23 will be a different animal. Need these young lads to grow quicker man.... They need to be eating whatever Brooke Norton Cuffy is eating.... :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Guessing Biereth will go out on loan next season, hopefully the club have learned from the Balogun situation. He’s had a season in the u23s, get him a loan even if it’s league 1.

The u23s should look something like this next season:

Graczyk; Walters, Monlouis, Awe, Sousa; Bandeira, Henry-Francis; Cozier-Duberry, Flores, Sagoe, Edwards

The likes of Swanson/Cottrell/Olayinka need to be moved on as well. Probably another half dozen could do with permanent moves as well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Guessing Biereth will go out on loan next season, hopefully the club have learned from the Balogun situation. He’s had a season in the u23s, get him a loan even if it’s league 1.

The u23s should look something like this next season:

Graczyk; Walters, Monlouis, Awe, Sousa; Bandeira, Henry-Francis; Cozier-Duberry, Flores, Sagoe, Edwards

The likes of Swanson/Cottrell/Olayinka need to be moved on as well. Probably another half dozen could do with permanent moves as well.
I'd loan Awe personally but I could see him starting the season. Same with Henry-Francis.

But I sincerely hope that Sagoe Jr and Cozier-Duberry are starting permanently next season. Depending on how well they do, I'd also be pushing for January loans for them too. We can't afford to have these guys playing PL2 football too long. Flores too.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd loan Awe personally but I could see him starting the season. Same with Henry-Francis.

But I sincerely hope that Sagoe Jr and Cozier-Duberry are starting permanently next season. Depending on how well they do, I'd also be pushing for January loans for them too. We can't afford to have these guys playing PL2 football too long. Flores too.
I think most of those will go on loan in January depending on the situation next season. The likes of Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelley will probably play the whole season at u18 level you’d imagine and I’m not sure if there’ll be enough players ready to step up to the u23s if you loan all them out.

The Balogun situation should never happen again though that’s for sure. Should be a case of one full season at u23 level and promotion/loan.

teamsoutheast

An U23's XI just got walloped 4-1 by Leyton Orient. Biereth with the goal for us. It just goes to show that mens football is going to be a completely different kettle of fish for these guys albeit great experience for them.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Anyone slightly frustrated by how crap we have been in the FA Youth Cup in the last decade. Seems like we always lose to a bunch of no hopers (Colchester United this year ffs).

The overarching objective is to provide players for the first team but I would really like to see the club attempt to take it seriously next season.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Anyone slightly frustrated by how crap we have been in the FA Youth Cup in the last decade. Seems like we always lose to a bunch of no hopers (Colchester United this year ffs).

The overarching objective is to provide players for the first team but I would really like to see the club attempt to take it seriously next season.
We did get to the finals in 2018 and got pummelled by Chelsea. We played better than the score, but they were just bigger, stronger, quicker, more technical and experienced.

Only ESR, Amaechi, Daley-Campbell, Ballard and Saka for his little cameo looked like they could really compete with the Chelsea players.

The rest were overwhelmed. Joao Virginia made some superb saves, really liked him as a prospect. Zech Medley looked like Bambi on ice as usual smh.

Also I really thought we'd win it in 2019. We had Saka, Amaechi, Jules, Okonkwo, Balogun, Matt Smith all balling, it seemed like our year but we lost 2-1 at home, I think to West Brom, but I'm not sure. Saka was amazing in that run! Since then we have underperformed a bit. I think we underestimate how special the 2017-2019 era of kids were.

teamsoutheast

We did get to the finals in 2018 and got pummelled by Chelsea. We played better than the score, but they were just bigger, stronger, quicker, more technical and experienced.

Only ESR, Amaechi, Daley-Campbell, Ballard and Saka for his little cameo looked like they could really compete with the Chelsea players.

The rest were overwhelmed. Joao Virginia made some superb saves, really liked him as a prospect. Zech Medley looked like Bambi on ice as usual smh.

Also I really thought we'd win it in 2019. We had Saka, Amaechi, Jules, Okonkwo, Balogun, Matt Smith all balling, it seemed like our year but we lost 2-1 at home, I think to West Brom, but I'm not sure. Saka was amazing in that run! Since then we have underperformed a bit. I think we underestimate how special the 2017-2019 era of kids were.

Yeeeeeaaaaah, Amaechi, Saka, and TJJ were proper balling that year. I miss Amaechi, I really thought he would make it here but he got impatient. Him and Saka linked up sooooo well..

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That 2019 team was the best u18 side I’ve seen. Think they scored the most goals ever in that league win, nearly averaging 4 goals a game I think. Might be wrong but I’m sure the league record was something like 20 wins 0 draws 2 defeats. A travesty they bottled the youth cup.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Think the chemistry of the team always faltered when the kids who grew past u18s early drop back for those matches.
That 2019 team was the best u18 side I’ve seen. Think they scored the most goals ever in that league win, nearly averaging 4 goals a game I think. Might be wrong but I’m sure the league record was something like 20 wins 0 draws 2 defeats. A travesty they bottled the youth cup.
They bottled the PL Cup too IIRC. Got slaughtered by Derby. Saka was good that night though.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think the chemistry of the team always faltered when the kids who grew past u18s early drop back for those matches.

They bottled the PL Cup too IIRC. Got slaughtered by Derby. Saka was good that night though.
Yeah the league final or whatever it’s called we lost at Derby. Not sure why we were away either, we had a much better league record.

I remember in the league we were losing against Sp**s in a title decider and scored 2 in injury time to win it, unreal side.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah the league final or whatever it’s called we lost at Derby. Not sure why we were away either, we had a much better league record.

I remember in the league we were losing against Sp**s in a title decider and scored 2 in injury time to win it, unreal side.
I remember that. Ben Cottrell got the winner! Shame injuries have curtailed his progression - he should have gone on loan a long time ago though. Matt Smith did well too. God bless Matt Smith, what a player & captain he was for that team. He's had to go to some really **** teams on loan, I hope he gets a good move where he can show his ability as a deep lying playmaker.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

His passing o_O - risky but very impressive. Think he's the best keeper in the academy.
You really like this boy lol. What do you think of Okonkwo? I'm never really that pressed with goal keepers in the academy. Last one I really liked was Joao Virginia. But tbh I'm not really that impressed with our first team options. Still don't think Ramsdale is good enough to be undisputed starting GK.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You really like this boy lol. What do you think of Okonkwo? I'm never really that pressed with goal keepers in the academy. Last one I really liked was Joao Virginia. But tbh I'm not really that impressed with our first team options. Still don't think Ramsdale is good enough to be undisputed starting GK.
I like Okonkwo but he's too jittery. I feel like he needs to have a run of first team minutes to settle his nerves. The one everyone seems to like is Hein but as much as I think he's decent, he's fortunate enough to have international experience because he's Estonian and that helps him. Good goalie but don't think he's as talented as the others.

I actually think we've got good keepers at academy level but we run the risk of taking too long to do anything with most of them and they may tail off pretty quickly. Grazcyk and Ejeheri are both impressive, but the latter's passing I find to be really impressive which makes him standout more to me as a keeper because he still manages to be a good shot-stopper. Both of those guys will need to start going on loans after the coming season.

teamsoutheast

Arsenal U23's lose under 23's coach Betsy & Under 18's coach Michiche to Crawley Town.

Looks like this is official. Such a shame as I really wanted to see what Betsy coyuld do this season. Fair play to him though. If there is an opportunity for him to go into senior management then he should do it for the sake of his career progression. Losing both him and Michiche will be a blow. the club must act swiftly with the new appointments.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Arsenal U23's lose under 23's coach Betsy & Under 18's coach Michiche to Crawley Town.

Looks like this is official. Such a shame as I really wanted to see what Betsy coyuld do this season. Fair play to him though. If there is an opportunity for him to go into senior management then he should do it for the sake of his career progression. Losing both him and Michiche will be a blow. the club must act swiftly with the new appointments.
Article mentions Ljungberg as a possible replacement. He did great work with the youth setup so no problem at all if they find a way back for Freddie.

Top Bottom