• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Generic Scottish football thread

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

League Cup final day in Scotland - Celtic vs Rangers

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Pumped and ready to go - Some of that Jota magic today would be beautiful.

• Pray
Reactions: A_G

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Absolutely shredding the Gers so far 👊
Probably the worst game I've saw Celtic play. The pressure got to them but came away with 3 points.

An exciting game 5 goals, mistakes, and a hunskelping. The magners will taste sweet tonight.

Goonger

Probably the worst game I've saw Celtic play. The pressure got to them but came away with 3 points.

An exciting game 5 goals, mistakes, and a hunskelping. The magners will taste sweet tonight.

You won't be complaining about the red today, that's for sure. Shocking decision to disallow that Morelos goal.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Obviously a boring subject to the connoisseurs of Scottish football, but you have to wonder if it wouldn't have been healthy to see Celtic and Rangers in the English football league, and then probably in the Premier League.

The remnants would probably have had a more competitive league than today.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

You won't be complaining about the red today, that's for sure. Shocking decision to disallow that Morelos goal.
What red and it was a clear foul. Two hands in the back. Go see the Ben Chilwell disallowed goal exactly same thing. Can't push someone in the back and then score.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Celtic's scouting has been unbelievable for years even going back to the likes of Wanyama and Van Dijk. Frimpong was an excellent pickup when he was a teenager.

Now with Jota, Kyogo they always seem to find gems.

Goonger

What red and it was a clear foul. Two hands in the back. Go see the Ben Chilwell disallowed goal exactly same thing. Can't push someone in the back and then score.
Sorry, the ref that meant to say, and that was not a foul FFS, even Andy Walker and Stilian Petrov said in the studio said it wasn't a foul.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Sorry, the ref that meant to say, and that was not a foul FFS, even Andy Walker and Stilian Petrov said in the studio said it wasn't a foul.
I'll direct them to the rules that they clearly don't understand. You can't push someone.

1. Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
  • charges
  • jumps at
  • kicks or attempts to kick
  • pushes
  • strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
  • tackles or challenges
  • trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.
  • Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
  • a handball offence (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • holds an opponent
  • impedes an opponent with contact
  • bites or spits at someone on the team lists or a match official
  • throws an object at the ball, opponent or match official, or makes contact with the ball with a held object

Goonger

I'll direct them to the rules that they clearly don't understand. You can't push someone.

1. Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:
  • charges
  • jumps at
  • kicks or attempts to kick
  • pushes
  • strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
  • tackles or challenges
  • trips or attempts to trip
If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.
  • Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
  • a handball offence (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • holds an opponent
  • impedes an opponent with contact
  • bites or spits at someone on the team lists or a match official
  • throws an object at the ball, opponent or match official, or makes contact with the ball with a held object

That's if you think there's enough in that to constitute an offense. Nearly every person who's seen the incident don't think there is, apart from Celtic fans of course.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

That's if you think there's enough in that to constitute an offense. Nearly every person who's seen the incident don't think there is, apart from Celtic fans of course.
And the referee. It was a foul. What next s handball by Jota :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Celtic's scouting has been unbelievable for years even going back to the likes of Wanyama and Van Dijk. Frimpong was an excellent pickup when he was a teenager.

Now with Jota, Kyogo they always seem to find gems.

Shame Kyogo is 28 because I watched the game and he was electric.

Would’ve been a smart pick up for us to back up Jesus but I guess he’s a similar profile to Nketiah.

22 in 29 is disgusting form though and he’ll surely be in the PL next year.

Goonger

Would’ve been a smart pick up for us to back up Jesus but I guess he’s a similar profile to Nketiah.

It is the SPL mind you, and i say that as a Scot.

Goonger

True… know a few Palace fans saying they’ve heard they’re in for Morelos funnily enough.

Upgrade on Mateta and Edouard at least?

Interested to hear @bingobob views on this. I think he might have been close to being on a par with Eduoard a couple of years back, think he finished top scorer in the Europa League 1 season and was a handful, if a bit hot headed. We knocked back bids from the likes of Lille's then.

But he's lost form and fitness and just looks generally a bit overweight and lacking in proper sharpness, which is a surprise because he really should have been using this season to showcase for a move. He's been linked with the likes of Galatasaray and I think that's more his level now, which I'm not sure is any better than the level he's at.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Don't think he will be off unless a silly offer comes in. I know @Goonger is saying it's Scotland but it's still a ridiculous amount of goals as you've mentioned, he has a fantastic record Vs Rangers and scored 5 in 9 games in the Europa last season. Didn't do as well in the CL but if you watched the games he still played very well - which is why I'm surprised he isn't on the radar of other clubs. His movement is outstanding but also his work rate. He may come up against better players who stifle his goals but his movement will bend them out of shape and he will still be someone who presses as good as the best.

Morelos just never done it against us so I'm not that keen on him. If you want to have a decent move then you need to do it in the Glasgow Derby imo. He is also lazy and completely out of shape. Oddly that's the way Édouard went in his final season. Lazy, disinterested - he got COVID and hard to tell if that still impacts him or not (he played well Vs Leeds the other day) looked a shadow of the player he was in previous seasons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom