• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Generic Scottish football thread

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Celtic should reappoint John Barnes. Get back some former players, Ian Wright, Dion Dublin, Chris Sutton, Roy Keane. Just don't try and resign Kieran Tierney.
Hope they don't have to play Inverness Caledonian Thistle.
🎶SuperCallygoballisticCelticareatrocious.🎶

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Some far left appointment. @American_Gooner not sure if you just loved big Tam Rogic or if some interest in Australian football that could give some insight to Ange Postecoglou? He is closely linked to the City group and Pep has called him one of the top 10 coaches in world football.

Here is hoping he is as successful as the last manager I can recall moving from. Japanese football to British football...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Some far left appointment. @American_Gooner not sure if you just loved big Tam Rogic or if some interest in Australian football that could give some insight to Ange Postecoglou? He is closely linked to the City group and Pep has called him one of the top 10 coaches in world football.

Here is hoping he is as successful as the last manager I can recall moving from. Japanese football to British football...
Are you serious? I just mentioned Rogic with you for banter. 😭 I don't follow Australian football like that.

All I can say is that this guy's Australia team were very fun to watch at the WC in 2014 so maybe he'll do okay.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Are you serious? I just mentioned Rogic with you for banter. 😭 I don't follow Australian football like that.

All I can say is that this guy's Australia team were very fun to watch at the WC in 2014 so maybe he'll do okay.
You've just broken my heart

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Arsenal in Aus

Postecoglou has a long history of effective management. I think his unbeaten run at Brisbane is still an Australian all-time record. The World Cup performance, and then winning the Asian Cup right after that (Australia's first ever win) were impressive. Not boring football either. And he doesn't mind making the hard decisions.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Just a matter of interest, has anyone been to a Scottish Football Ground? 🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
The Dundee Utd, Dundee Football grounds fascinate me. Literally a stone's throw from each other. Like to go to Easter Road, Hibernian. Watch Matt Macey play. Can remember Hib's Home shirt during the early 1990's. Thought it was some kind of Arsenal Away shirt.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just a matter of interest, has anyone been to a Scottish Football Ground? 🏟️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
The Dundee Utd, Dundee Football grounds fascinate me. Literally a stone's throw from each other. Like to go to Easter Road, Hibernian. Watch Matt Macey play. Can remember Hib's Home shirt during the early 1990's. Thought it was some kind of Arsenal Away shirt.
"Only" been to Celtic Park. Saw them beat Rangers 5-1 in 1998. Brilliant atmosphere. Larsson was fantastic with two goals, and they had that Czech fellow too?

I think they had just refurbished the stadium then. Capacity was about 60,000 and the noise was terrific. Easily one of my best match experiences.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Been to a good few over the years. Celtic Park, Ibrox, Hampden, Pittodrie, Love Street (New and old), Tynecastle and Easter Road. Very good stadiums (except Ibrox). All what I would consider as classic stadiums except the new Love Street. Its a good feeling being in a place with history and passion and not some glass/metal box.
"Only" been to Celtic Park. Saw them beat Rangers 5-1 in 1998. Brilliant atmosphere. Larsson was fantastic with two goals, and they had that Czech fellow too?

I think they had just refurbished the stadium then. Capacity was about 60,000 and the noise was terrific. Easily one of my best match experiences.
Little Lubo. People were questioning who he was when he signed but he was a little genius. He was sensational in that game. People couldn't believe he started and then he does, two absolutely wonderful goals against Rangers. Can't ask for more than that. Also Henrik Larsson one of the greatest centre forwards. His involvement in 4 out of the 5 goals was special and even his movement in the 2nd goal is top drawer. An underrated rated player.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Been to Easter Road, Pittodrie (in the winter and about froze to death although I'm sure @AberGooner will confirm that you can freeze to death there in the summer), Fir Park (Motherwell), Stark's Park (Raith Rovers), Ibrox, Parkhead, Hampden, Caley Stadium, Borough Briggs (home of the mighty Elgin City).

I've also been to Meadowbank Stadium, home of Meadowbank Thistle. In the mid 90's they changed their name to Livingston FC and relocated. Meadowbank stadium has since been refurbished and now hosts Edinburgh City who play in the Scottish 2nd division.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Been to a good few over the years. Celtic Park, Ibrox, Hampden, Pittodrie, Love Street (New and old), Tynecastle and Easter Road. Very good stadiums (except Ibrox). All what I would consider as classic stadiums except the new Love Street. Its a good feeling being in a place with history and passion and not some glass/metal box.

Little Lubo. People were questioning who he was when he signed but he was a little genius. He was sensational in that game. People couldn't believe he started and then he does, two absolutely wonderful goals against Rangers. Can't ask for more than that. Also Henrik Larsson one of the greatest centre forwards. His involvement in 4 out of the 5 goals was special and even his movement in the 2nd goal is top drawer. An underrated rated player.

Yup, that's the game! Was totally brilliant.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Attend Pittodrie pretty regularly, well before covid anyway and Hampden whenever Aberdeen get there, which has been pretty often lately to be fair without the silverware to show for it unfortunately. Back in the day used to go to away games now and again so been to the majority of the top flight teams stadiums and a number of lower league sides.

Talks of Aberdeen building a new stadium in the outskirts of the City seem to thankfully been cancelled. Talking of building one a bit further along from Pittodrie on the beachfront but whether it happens is another story. I live pretty central in Aberdeen so Pittodrie is ideal for me, great for a pub crawl down King Street before and after the game.

ScotsGooner89

I’m from Dundee and grew up as a Dundee F.C fan and season ticket holder. Have lost interest in Scottish football after the second time my team went into administration and didn’t want to give dodgy owners anymore money. Looking to get back into it so I can take my wee man to games as he grows up.

Back on topic, the two grounds being so close is kind of amazing and probably contributes to the fact that their seems to be no rhyme or reason for why each person supports each club. I happen to support Dundee because my dad did but know plenty of family’s where support is split between the clubs etc.

I’ve also never researched why the grounds are so close and might try do that now but I would assume it’s because they are situated in the most built up part of the city historically with a lot of old style flats etc in the close vicinity.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’m from Dundee and grew up as a Dundee F.C fan and season ticket holder. Have lost interest in Scottish football after the second time my team went into administration and didn’t want to give dodgy owners anymore money. Looking to get back into it so I can take my wee man to games as he grows up.

Back on topic, the two grounds being so close is kind of amazing and probably contributes to the fact that their seems to be no rhyme or reason for why each person supports each club. I happen to support Dundee because my dad did but know plenty of family’s where support is split between the clubs etc.

I’ve also never researched why the grounds are so close and might try do that now but I would assume it’s because they are situated in the most built up part of the city historically with a lot of old style flats etc in the close vicinity.
Has it ever been discussed to merge the two clubs, to be more competitive etc? Or is that just totally anathema?

ScotsGooner89

To be honest they should of merged around 10-15 years ago when there was a rumour of building one ground in order to support a Scotland hosting the Euros bid. Even then, though, the rumour was for the clubs to ground share. The city isn’t big enough for 2 premier league teams which is why both clubs have yo-yo’d the divisions the last couple decades.

It will never happen though as both clubs are well over 100 years old and are realistically pretty much the exact same size/value.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Sad news today that Walter Smith has died. A legend of the Scottish game and by all accounts a genuinely nice bloke. He won 21 trophies as Rangers manager. RIP Walter.

Here he is putting Chick Young from the BBC in his place many years ago

Goonger

Sad news today that Walter Smith has died. A legend of the Scottish game and by all accounts a genuinely nice bloke. He won 21 trophies as Rangers manager. RIP Walter.

Here he is putting Chick Young from the BBC in his place many years ago

A true giant of the game up here. He was our Fergie, our Wenger, he was Mr Rangers for my generation. A man that managed to command respect both sides of the Old Firm. He was great friends with his former foe at Celtic, the late Tommy Burns, so much so he had him & Ally McCoist as his assistants when he was Scotland manager, & when Tommy sadly passed, he was front & centre carrying the coffin into the Chapel.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

A true giant of the game up here. He was our Fergie, our Wenger, he was Mr Rangers for my generation. A man that managed to command respect both sides of the Old Firm. He was great friends with his former foe at Celtic, the late Tommy Burns, so much so he had him & Ally McCoist as his assistants when he was Scotland manager, & when Tommy sadly passed, he was front & centre carrying the coffin into the Chapel.
Aye, you'll not find many with a bad word to say about Smith. A sad day for the Scottish football community. One of those, like Burns who was respected by both sides of the divide. He was also responsible for turning the national team's fortunes around.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Going over to the Glasgow derby today. Going to be very strange as there will be no Rangers fans. Also a chance for Ramsey to make his debut and have a stinker :/

Massive game and recommended viewing :)

Goonger

Going over to the Glasgow derby today. Going to be very strange as there will be no Rangers fans. Also a chance for Ramsey to make his debut and have a stinker :/

Massive game and recommended viewing :)

Gio has already said Ramsey isn't in the squad as they need to build up his match fitness.

Bingobob vs Goonger this 1, who will win lol?!

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Gio has already said Ramsey isn't in the squad as they need to build up his match fitness.

Bingobob vs Goonger this 1, who will win lol?!
I heard that but ill believe it when i see it. Diallo had less minutes than Ramsey this season and went straight in.

If he doesn't play its odd. Any player never mind a 400k a week player isn't gonna get match fit by not playing.

Bingobob 3 Gooner 0 :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom