• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Plutarch

Georginio Wijnaldum: Arsenal urged by Ian Wright to sign Paris Saint-Germain and ex-Liverpool midfielder by Ian Wright

Arsenal legend Ian Wright has called on manager Mikel Arteta to transform his side into serious challengers by signing Georginio Wijnaldum.

The Gunners have enjoyed a dramatic turnaround in recent months following a poor start to the season. While they sat bottom of the Premier League table after three defeats in three games, they are now firmly in the top four hunt.

Arteta’s summer transfer overhaul has proved the main factor in that turnaround.
While new signings such as White and Tomiyasu took time to settle in, Wright believes that reported Arsenal target Wijnaldum is one potential January addition who can hit the ground running and instantly improve Arsenal.

The Paris Saint-Germain midfielder has admitted frustration at his situation in the French capital following his summer departure from Liverpool as a free agent.

“I saw Wijnaldum’s name. That would be amazing. A loan signing from PSG,” Wright told Premier League Productions (via Football London) of potential January additions for the Gunners. “Someone like that in the midfield. Of that experience. He is a Premier League winner. Just to help with the youngsters and a Sambi Lokonga just to keep it going.

Plutarch

This rumour was on Sky Sports news this morning, Wijnaldum loan move to Arsenal for the rest of the season because he's unhappy at PSG. Would be a good move for us if it happened, with our midfield problems.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like his been playing a fair amount of games for PSG. Why would he trade their bench for ours?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So, would he play with Partey? Or with Xhaka?

Isn't he more of a clear CMF? Partey would have to be more DMF.

I don't want Xhaka to be too much DMF because he doesn't have any recovery speed for counter-attacks.

Surely I'm not against this. I have liked Wijnaldum in the past years, seems a good guy to have around the dressing room and is quite complete player. Just turned 31 years old.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So we are still in the wishlisty phase of this transfer then....

This is the player that gives us that boost for fourth spot. It allows us to move to a 433 immediately IMO.

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Would be a very solid addition. Experienced, PL proven. Leadership qualities. Great feet. Can score a goal.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
A loan till the end of the season would be an incredible bit of business, can't go wrong with that. I'd have him ahead of both Partey and Xhaka if he came in as well.

Forever reading Liverpool fans moaning that they never replaced him but I guess the injury to Elliot didn't help them there.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

A loan till the end of the season would be an incredible bit of business, can't go wrong with that. I'd have him ahead of both Partey and Xhaka if he came in as well.

Forever reading Liverpool fans moaning that they never replaced him but I guess the injury to Elliot didn't help them there.
A 6 month loan for a PL proven 31 year old midfielder in a position where we really need help is fine by me.

Pulp

Wijnaldum loan is probably as good as it gets in regards to a temporary midfield solution.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
A 6 month loan for a PL proven 31 year old midfielder in a position where we really need help is fine by me.

Someone like him could really help us secure top 4. As long as the loan didn't include an obligation or something then we have no ties if it doesn't work out.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

A loan is good also in the sense that next summer there will be great market for midfielders with under 2 years in contract.

Also if we get Vlahovic and Wijnaldum, we might get top 4, and then we can attract great midfielders with UCL football and money.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if there links with him because haven't seen any yet but if we saving money for central midfielder in summer and not signing one now then Gini is very good option if it's loan not only he very good midfielder but he got big experience in PL and extremely fit he rarely get injured.

Top Bottom