• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2018/19

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It was a bad decision to keep Löw on as DFB manager. That was plain to see in these last two games. He's run out of ideas and is unable to overcome his sterile possession football. Also seems like he has lost his touch with the players and can't get them properly motivated anymore.

This would have been the time to change managers and start the next chapter introducing a new generation after the WC 2014 champions.

I think Matthias Sammer would have been a great choice to replace Bierhoff as DFB DoF. He's a cvnt, but he's an absolute expert and a shrewd operative.

As for coach I think Stefan Kuntz would have been a decent option. He's been U21 coach since 2016, he's playing rather good football and has won the 2017 U21 EC. He also knows the next gen which is going to break into the A team over the next years.

LG10

Diallo completed 17 like long passes by half time apparently. Must be great on the ball; left footed as well. Not sure why we passed up on him, it’s clear Sven knew about him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sven is there today looking at somebody.

Maybe Sancho, that'd be cool.

Could Diallo have played for us straight away? He doesn't look out of place at that level. I really liked him but was unsure if he was a "right now" solution, but he's Dortmund's first choice so clearly he is. I think he'll be a very good player next to Akanji. Meanwhile our centre-back conundrum looks set to continue for a good couple of years.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Maybe Sancho, that'd be cool.

Could Diallo have played for us straight away? He doesn't look out of place at that level. I really liked him but was unsure if he was a "right now" solution, but he's Dortmund's first choice so clearly he is. I think he'll be a very good player next to Akanji. Meanwhile our centre-back conundrum looks set to continue for a good couple of years.

Sancho would be a good one for the future, but if he had wanted to come to Arsenal he could have done it last summer. And since he doesn't play much for Dortmund (56 minutes off the bench so far), he probably wouldn't expect to get more playing time at Arsenal. Hard to see it happening. Arsenal would need to loan him to some club in Germany anyway.

Diallo was a starter for Mainz last year, so no surprise he's doing well. I'd like to have him at Arsenal. I just think they were looking for a more experienced player who wouldn't be prone to youthful mistakes.

In any case, it would be interesting to know if Sven was looking at anyone in particular yesterday.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
This Mendyl left back.
Had horrible 25 minutes, should have got yellow-red and subbed off in the 25th minute.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Watched the Dortmund - Frankfurt, Leipzig - Hannover and Gladbach - Schalke games this weekend so far.

Lots of entertainment today! All those late goals, amazing, especially that game at Mainz, 0-0 just a few minutes to go, and them booooom, 3 goals. Nice to see Mainz have such a strong start to the season, they have a very young squad, good for them to get a little bit of a foothold!

The Leipzig game was a lot of fun too watch.

Dortmund are grinding out the points at the moment which is fine. This game was comfortable without being great. But Diallo and Akanji make everything worthwhile! Too soon to crown them our new Hummels and Subotic? :lol: It's so nice though to have a young pair who seem to have all the talent in the world to build on and compliment each other quite well. Our central defence had been all over the place for at least 2 seasons.

My heart breaks for Schalke's terrible start :p

NieThePiet

Damn, Tolisso with a cruciate ligament rupture. One of the only players (together with James and Gnabry) i like from Bayern.

Rafinha also out for some weeks with an inside belt tear.

For Tolisso they still have enough alternatives, but they have no profesional back-ups for Kimmich and Alaba left. No idea why they sold Bernat.

They need to hope that Robben, Ribery and Gnabry will stay fit too, because they are very injury prone.

Luckily they have a easy CL-group and the Bundesliga is no problem for them anyway.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Pulisic just leveled for Dortmund against Hoffenheim after Dortmund went down to 10 men. It's 1-1 with about 5 minutes plus stoppage time left.

Borussin

Werder Bremen are looking really good in this game vs Hertha Berlin right now. Playing some excellent football.

NieThePiet

Fantastic start into the season. A long time ago we had so many points after 5 games.

Hertha was very good so far in the season, but especially in the first half we completely dominated them.

Thanks god Klaassen haven't made it for Everton, he is just fantastic. What a steal for this money.

Borussin

Some good games and results tonight. Freiburg beat the blues :cool::cool: And deserved it as well.

Really enjoyed the Bremen game for style and great football and really enjoyed the Freiburg game for absolute dogged determination from Freiburg. Some good football too!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom