• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bundesliga Thread

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Christ! Schalke on pair with Sheffield United for the worst team performance ever in the league. Frankfurt, Werder and Hoffenheim win, instead. Leipzig draw.

1-1 Hoffenheim

2-1 Hoffenheim

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Freiburg 4-1 FT against Hertha

1-0 Freiburg

1-1 Hertha

2-1 Freiburg

3-1 Freiburg

4-1 Freiburg

Wolfsburg-Stuttgart 1-0 FT

1-0 Wolfsburg

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
https://www.ligainsider.de/alexande...d-alexander-zorniger-der-neue-trainer-297530/

@Toby Andrl I remember reading your posts about Zorniger previously when he was a manager of my beloved Brøndby and it seems he might be back in the Bundes.

Despite him slagging off the youth production at Brøndby (fairly or not) and having a tumultuous last season the first 2 under him were unreal. two Cup finals with 1 trophy, and two 2nd places in the league where Brøndby one year was by and far the most dominant side.

Since he was with Stuttgart prior to moving to Brøndby where I don't believe it went that well? (I mean, he got fired, but that's not always a true indicator.)

How do you think he would handle the Schalke squad?
And are there squad really poor enough to be doing as badly as they are?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
https://www.ligainsider.de/alexande...d-alexander-zorniger-der-neue-trainer-297530/

@Toby Andrl I remember reading your posts about Zorniger previously when he was a manager of my beloved Brøndby and it seems he might be back in the Bundes.

Despite him slagging off the youth production at Brøndby (fairly or not) and having a tumultuous last season the first 2 under him were unreal. two Cup finals with 1 trophy, and two 2nd places in the league where Brøndby one year was by and far the most dominant side.

Since he was with Stuttgart prior to moving to Brøndby where I don't believe it went that well? (I mean, he got fired, but that's not always a true indicator.)

How do you think he would handle the Schalke squad?
And are there squad really poor enough to be doing as badly as they are?

Hm, interesting.

At Stuttgart results caught up with him and tbh he was a bit unlucky. His side were one of the most attractive Stuttgart sides I have ever seen. Thing is it ended up being a lot of effort and beauty without much payoff, especially his CBs were far too slow for his super high line. At some point and with a few unlucky results - like losing despite scoring 2 or 3 goals and having tons of chances but conceding one too many fluke goals - he had to go. Still, overall I'm pretty impressed with him and with a little more luck he'd have gone on to last way longer at Stuttgart.

Always a very idiosynractic and strident guy with his no nonsense nonchalant character. You like it or you dislike it. I didn't have a problem with that. Now at Schalke this could work wonders. I think a manager who with his almost brand and very media attractive and arguable character and behaviour can take the spotlight off the team and the chaos while still being able to do his job might actually be good for Schalke.
Then again with their absolutely chopped and unbalanced team I can't see any manager succeed there, especially with such a complex system. Schalke should just void themselves at this point.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Hm, interesting.

At Stuttgart results caught up with him and tbh he was a bit unlucky. His side were one of the most attractive Stuttgart sides I have ever seen. Thing is it ended up being a lot of effort and beauty without much payoff, especially his CBs were far too slow for his super high line. At some point and with a few unlucky results - like losing despite scoring 2 or 3 goals and having tons of chances but conceding one too many fluke goals - he had to go. Still, overall I'm pretty impressed with him and with a little more luck he'd have gone on to last way longer at Stuttgart.

Always a very idiosynractic and strident guy with his no nonsense nonchalant character. You like it or you dislike it. I didn't have a problem with that.
That's unreal - that's word for word how I would've described his time at Brøndby. Even down to relying on far too slow CBs for his super high line. :lol: And his personality - around the squad was definitely that character you describe, but he seemed to have so much else to offer as well as we saw in Denmark and Brøndby's local community. He was loved by the fans and got called out for a tribute shortly into his 1st season and you could see how happy it made him. He popped up at various youth teams in the area - men and women's games - and still does/did this year despite it almost being 2 years after he got fired - after which he went ahead and was part of a press conference - right after getting fired - and thanked the club and fans for his time and wished the club the best going forward.

As you can tell I have a lot of time and respect for Coach... :lol:

Now at Schalke this could work wonders. I think a manager who with his almost brand and very media attractive and arguable character and behaviour can take the spotlight off the team and the chaos while still being able to do his job might actually be good for Schalke.
Then again with their absolutely chopped and unbalanced team I can't see any manager succeed there, especially with such a complex system. Schalke should just void themselves at this point.
That's a good point, it is definitely a demanding system as well and if the squad is very unbalanced it can be a problem. Then again, if they have a good DM to bolster the back, then I'd say there's a good chance he can work miracles. We saw how much Christian Nørgaard meant for us when he got sold - Zorniger was furious - and the replacement wasn't covering well enough and the sacking came that season. The system really relies on that last player before the 2 CBs to be able to shield and cover large areas cleverly.

What about Stuttgart this season? Seems quite promising so far? Youngest squad in the league as well.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
That's unreal - that's word for word how I would've described his time at Brøndby. Even down to relying on far too slow CBs for his super high line. :lol: And his personality - around the squad was definitely that character you describe, but he seemed to have so much else to offer as well as we saw in Denmark and Brøndby's local community. He was loved by the fans and got called out for a tribute shortly into his 1st season and you could see how happy it made him. He popped up at various youth teams in the area - men and women's games - and still does/did this year despite it almost being 2 years after he got fired - after which he went ahead and was part of a press conference - right after getting fired - and thanked the club and fans for his time and wished the club the best going forward.

As you can tell I have a lot of time and respect for Coach... :lol:

That's a good point, it is definitely a demanding system as well and if the squad is very unbalanced it can be a problem. Then again, if they have a good DM to bolster the back, then I'd say there's a good chance he can work miracles. We saw how much Christian Nørgaard meant for us when he got sold - Zorniger was furious - and the replacement wasn't covering well enough and the sacking came that season. The system really relies on that last player before the 2 CBs to be able to shield and cover large areas cleverly.

What about Stuttgart this season? Seems quite promising so far? Youngest squad in the league as well.

Yeah, I do rate Zorniger, too. Real guy and good coach. Maybe just a bit too real and honest for some. Footballing wise too close minded, although I think having figured out a way to score goals puts him ahead of a lot of others who just seem to go the way "do not concede is good enough". Give him the players Guardiola had all his career and Guardiola his teams - they'd swap places in how they are rated by the footie world and on top of that Zorniger is the far more real, down to earth and sypathetic person of the two.

Stuttgart looks good right now. Very good tbh. CEO, DoF, coach, all working well together, team has been properly rebuilt since the relegation and Sven has found and signed some unreal gems. Matarazzo has unlocked some great potential and it's all going really well with some nice Klopp/Nagelsmann style transitional footie. Also brought back some much needed technic.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Christian Gross appointed manager of Schalke!

Gross, A Swiss, became manager of Tottenham in 1997
At his first press conference he appeared late, with a London Underground ticket in his hands.
He then uttered "I want this to be my ticket to the dreams"
Of course he failed miserably at the Spuds, and got sacked at the start of the following season.
He then got the job as Manager of FC Basel, and his first appearance in Zürich I got a ticket for the Main Stand and waited for him to come out, before going to the front of the Stand, shouting "Mr. Gross, Mr. Gross", to which he turned round. I then threw an Underground Ticket at him and shouted, "there's your ****ing ticket back!" and showed him my Arsenal shirt.
It was short and sweet, his face was a picture.
Happy Days!

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Christian Gross appointed manager of Schalke!

Gross, A Swiss, became manager of Tottenham in 1997
At his first press conference he appeared late, with a London Underground ticket in his hands.
He then uttered "I want this to be my ticket to the dreams"
Of course he failed miserably at the Spuds, and got sacked at the start of the following season.
He then got the job as Manager of FC Basel, and his first appearance in Zürich I got a ticket for the Main Stand and waited for him to come out, before going to the front of the Stand, shouting "Mr. Gross, Mr. Gross", to which he turned round. I then threw an Underground Ticket at him and shouted, "there's your ****ing ticket back!" and showed him my Arsenal shirt.
It was short and sweet, his face was a picture.
Happy Days!

You could stick Michels, Heynckes or Ferguson in Schalke, none of them would keep them up this season, they're doomed!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom