• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Giants' of Arsenal

Unbeaten

Arsène Wenger, Chapman, Henry and Adams.

Patrick Vieira/Dennis Bergkamp could eventually take Henry's spot.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Has to be Mr Wenger for me.

He has redesigned the whole image of arsenal football club and has put us on a new level. He has made us an iconic in the way we play football and we are respected all over the globe for the neat way we do it.

Ratinho

Established Member
Long and short, one man does stand out above everyone else, including Chapman, and it's Arsène Wenger.

famous no 10

Established Member
Dougan17 said:
Adams
Thierry
Wenger
Chapman

maybe a little Bertie Mee? first Arsenal manager to bring home a european trophy. (The fairs cup is still a cup, goddammit :D )

The fairs cup is now the UEFA cup.

Also the first manager to win the double with us.

Gort

Arsène Wenger (best manager we've had)
Herbert Chapman (first to make Arsenal a legend)
George Graham (OK, he went to the Spuds, but he's still a hero in my books)
Ian Wright (legend)

Others that deserve a mention:

Tony Adams (Mr Arsenal)
Dennis Bergkamp (loyal genius)
Thierry Heny (need I say more...)
George Armstrong (My first ever favourite player)

Biggus

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Long and short, one man does stand out above everyone else, including Chapman, and it's Arsène Wenger.

Amen brother Ratty......The four heads I'd like to see up on spikes medieval fashion are Sheringham-vanNistelrooy-Ferguson-Mourinho

Gooner for 60 years

That Chapman isn't on the main list is a disgrace.
The Arse weren't exactly a household name before his arrival...before his early death we had a tube station renamed, a cup, 2 of the 3 successive championships and players that were legends already.

AW has managed much the same and one day, will have left us a legacy even greater than his contribution to date.

That leaves room for 2 players ONLY??? How about sections of the stands to be named after those that don't make the final cut? "Charlie George A52" much more memorable than East Bank Lower A52.

One has to be Tony Adams. The other? Despite all the claims of the Wright's, TT's, Frankie McLintock's and all, to me it has to be DB10. Could we have achieved as much without him?

beanz

Denis "The Iceman" Bergkamp, the start of the beautiful game at Highbury.

Thierry "TH14" Henry, the master of the beautiful game at highbury.

Tony "Captain Fantastic" Adams, a born leader.

Ian "Wrighty" Wright, the epitomy of football for fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom