• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilberto Silva (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Established Member
Link

Everyone seems to be interested in him. I guess he will want first team football but the way he has played in comparisson to Edu, he doesn't really deserve it.

The article also says Barca are now after Trezeguet and Luqe so hopefully they won't bother us with bids for Henry anymore.

lewdikris

Established Member
I can see this really hotting up .... a world cup winner out of the first team is easy meat for the rumour mill.

They can give us Ronaldinho in return though if they really want him.

Mark

Established Member
lewdikris said:
They can give us Ronaldinho in return though if they really want him.

I agree. That's the least we could expect for him. :wink:

A

Anonymous

they can have him

IMO gilberto cannot play in the EPL. Gives the ball away too easily.

use the money and get Van Bommel :mrgreen:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This is fantastic news. The sooner Gilberto leaves the better. Tiago looks like a very, very good player. He scored a great goal against Inter last night.

hesham

Established Member
shiiiit Gilberto is 27 i thought he was much younger, hopefully Arsène will realise that he wont get a better chance to sell him cuz hes gettin old

A

Anonymous

Great deal.
And then we can get another player in reverse.

n_henry

Gilberto would probably do better in La Liga than he's done in the Prem...

If we could get a good price, and we could bring someone else in, I'd sell...

VCC

Unfortunate to see he's still unappreciated. Given the stick he gets, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted out.

Sammer

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
This is fantastic news. The sooner Gilberto leaves the better. Tiago looks like a very, very good player. He scored a great goal against Inter last night.

Agree on this one. Would like to see a new player in exchange for Gilberto..

Mark

Established Member
If we sell Gilberto, we have to try to get Wesley Sneijder from Ajax. The guy is fantastic. He can play RM, LM or CM, is equally good with both feet and can really hit them from long range and he is also really young so he's a long term buy. I'd love to see Wenger go for him, if we had the money then we really might have a good chance.

Arjan

Mark said:
If we sell Gilberto, we have to try to get Wesley Sneijder from Ajax. The guy is fantastic. He can play RM, LM or CM, is equally good with both feet and can really hit them from long range and he is also really young so he's a long term buy. I'd love to see Wenger go for him, if we had the money then we really might have a good chance.

Agree, but I don't think Ajax will sell, it is most likely that Zlatan and Van der Vaart are leaving ( both to Juve?) so selling Sneijder would mean they sell all there best assets.

Especially if trabelsi leaves as well!

Mark

Established Member
Arjan said:
Mark said:

Agree, but I don't think Ajax will sell, it is most likely that Zlatan and Van der Vaart are leaving ( both to Juve?) so selling Sneijder would mean they sell all there best assets.

Especially if trabelsi leaves as well!

Yeah I kind of feel sorry for Ajax as all their best youth leaves and goes to bigger leagues eventually. They will surely sell Sneijder sooner or later, I'd rather get him sooner while he's cheaper. He won't be that cheap obviously but if we sell Gilberto as well as others who we are probably selling too, then we could afford him and maybe a striker and a RB.

Arjan

But Sneijder is not the same kind of player as Gilberto, Sneijder does not have Gilbrto's physique and Sneijder is much more attacking then Gilberto.

I'm am one of the few who would like Gilberto to stay, he is one of the best players around who can play without the ball. Everyone keeps saying how good Reyes'runs are, but why not look at Gilberto's runs.

Just as impressive, only is Gilberto making defensive runs! These often go unnoticed, but as an opponent it is hugely frustrating to always encouter Gilberto on your way to Jens Lehmann. Even worse for the opposition is that Gilberto makes those little faults, that go unnoticed by refs but always seem to frustrate the player on the receiving of them

Mark

Established Member
I suppose Sneijder is more of an attacking option and Gilberto is definetly a useful player but I think he is best as a sub to come on when we are defending a lead rather than starting regularly and the problem is I don't think he will settle for that.

wiltord11

Arjan said:
But Sneijder is not the same kind of player as Gilberto, Sneijder does not have Gilbrto's physique and Sneijder is much more attacking then Gilberto.

I'm am one of the few who would like Gilberto to stay, he is one of the best players around who can play without the ball. Everyone keeps saying how good Reyes'runs are, but why not look at Gilberto's runs.

Just as impressive, only is Gilberto making defensive runs! These often go unnoticed, but as an opponent it is hugely frustrating to always encouter Gilberto on your way to Jens Lehmann. Even worse for the opposition is that Gilberto makes those little faults, that go unnoticed by refs but always seem to frustrate the player on the receiving of them

i agree with that personnally i dont want gilberto to go i think hes job of protecting the defence is not an easy one but hes does it extremly well its just there are some people who cant see it and boo him which is ridiculous and a people who are so called fans just say hes ****.

hes job is to get the ball and give it to the more skillfull players and let them show there class and protect the back four and let vieira attack more and hes also poped up with 4 goals and could of been more he was unlucky not to get a hatrick against leicester city thats why i cant see wenger selling him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom