• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilberto Silva (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegh

Established Member
asajoseph said:
:lol: @ Gilberto being replaced by Hargreaves
If he's going to play for us like he did for England in the World Cup, then I'd snap him up in a second. He was immense, running everywhere and giving everything he had. Plus, he's versatile.

sabret00the

Established Member
hesham said:
sabret00the said:
hesham said:
Legend#1 said:
Viper said:
Why are they interested in aquiring Gilberto then?

Cause Diarra is off to Real?

I think they'll go for Mascherano
it's still the french league so no.

and gilberto to lyon = squad depth.

Whats Mascherano going to RM, got to do with the French League!!!
my mistake, i thought he was implying Javier would be off to Lyon.

JMT

We need gilberto PLUS another great DM or CM... to partner cesc for the next 8 years. lets get a young strong DM so the mold together like Petit and Vieira and Scholes and Keane

asajoseph

Established Member
Tegh said:
asajoseph said:
:lol: @ Gilberto being replaced by Hargreaves
If he's going to play for us like he did for England in the World Cup, then I'd snap him up in a second. He was immense, running everywhere and giving everything he had. Plus, he's versatile.

What, you mean the one game in the world cup where he actually played really well?

Hargreaves was brilliant against Portugal. Because it was the game England got knocked out in, people will remember him for it.

Against Sweden, when he got his other opportunity in his favoured role, he was decent but nothing special at all. And in the warmup game against Belarus, when he also got a chance to play there, he was absolutely dreadful.

Versatile? Hargreaves is a very mediocre right back. In fact, he's little better than Flamini when he plays out of position.

Nobody wanted Hargreaves in this side before the Portugal game. Because of literally one match, everyone thinks he's brilliant.

Fickle, fickle fans...

Guillermo

To be fair, Hargreaves has run his heart out in every Bayern Munich game I have watched, almost akin to his England-Portugal peformance. It is something that the majority of England fans overlooked.

As a replacement for Gilberto I am unsure. Whilst Hargreaves is far more composed and adventurous than Gilberto, he seems suspect for being caught out of position at times.

Isn't Hargreaves very similar to our very own Flamini?

Anyway, I can't see Wenger allowing Gilberto to leave, what with our midfield lacking in exprerience.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
hargeaves pace is very fast. he is hardworking, but doesnt have any very good qualities to make him a world class dm.

if wenger really let gilberto go, he will sign a better dmc. we are linked with yaya, tymo, masch(urh not really linked),senna.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well thats right we have our own French version of Hargreaves . Have to say though Flamini is miles ahead of Hargreaves as wing back.

Jameel46

Established Member
celestis said:
Well thats right we have our own French version of Hargreaves . Have to say though Flamini is miles ahead of Hargreaves as wing back.

when they play in full-back positions i don't think you can say that they play as wing backs. wing backs are basically players who play like wingers while at full-back (like the brazilian dou)

hollow

I've rated Hargreaves for a while. I even made a thread about (I got shouted down and ended up apologising for daring to think he might improve our team). Forget how well he can play RB, he can play as a holding and a box-to-box midfielder which could be incredibly useful.

morpho

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
hargeaves pace is very fast. he is hardworking, but doesnt have any very good qualities to make him a world class dm.

couldnt agree more... Hargreaves is just a touch over average. He has a good work rate but doesnt realy make much out of it... Will cry if he is going to replace Gilberto :!:

kamikaze80

Established Member
lets not kid ourselves, hargreaves is better than flamini. more confident on the ball, can actually take on a man every once in a while (not saying its necessarily a strength of his), maybe a little better in the tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom