• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilberto Silva (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelip

Ori said:
TIFANNY said:
I hope he won't leave Arsenal! I think he's a great player!

who's he? Gilberto or Edu? because most of the people here want Edu to leave.
the question right now is who do u want to leave? Gilbero, Edu or none of them?

I think She meant Edu.

Seriously i thought that Edu is not indespensible. He is someone good to have, but can be done without too.

I would of course hope that he stays as he will provide continuity and the team spirit. But the questions lies, Does he still wants to play for us? If his heart is not here anymore or if he is only staying here with a big pay bracket, i would rather he leaves.

As for Gilberto, there is not question. I would definately want him to stay.

Ori

as I said. I would like Edu to leave but not now. we should sign him on a new contract and in the end of the year sell him. then we can make more money out of him. as for Gilberto, he's not on top of his form but he should stay...

Chips&CurrySauce

The problem is Ori, if he signs a new contract for £50/60,000 a week, teams won't really be prepeared to offer a big transfer free and match his present wages. the fact is Edu is in a very strong position as he will be allowed to leave in the Summer for free and alot of clubs would love to take him as a free agent.

Barceloa are interested, I know Bobby Robson also tried to sign him when he was Newcastle manager and Arsène said no. Manutd have also (allegedly) shown an interest, so he isn't exactly short of interest from big clubs, who I reckon would pay him £60k a week as he will be a free transfer. Don;t forget he is also only 26 years old, so he has many more years to give at the top level.

Ori

yeah, that is correct Chips&CurrySauce. the important thing about Edu is that he's still young. that can help us a lot.

I'm pretty sure he'll join Barca and wont stay in England in the end of this mess...

Ziontrain

Ori said:
kNiteMare said:
LoL not this debate again. Ori, Gilberto IS first choice in the team, when the only time he isnt is when he is injured i.e. now. You would've think Wenger would pick such an average player over Edu and put him in one of the best midfield in the world atm.

btw, there is no way we can sell Edu for even 3mil euro, with just 8 months of his contract to go and he can enter pre contract in January. Let's just hope that someone in EPL would buy him or some teams (i.e. Barcelona if rumour to be believed) have an injury crisis and are forced to buy a replacement in January.

Also, Edu is not a bad or average player in any mean. No avergae player can get into the Brazillian team imo, and that purple patch last year means he can actually play very well, so the question should be whether he can maintain that level of performance, which cannot be answered atm because we havnt seen him done that.

I still think we're looking much better with Fabregas next to Vieira and not with Gilberto. we're scoring more goals and playing a better football.

Or are we looking better with Gilberto + Fabreas as the starting two? :D

Ori

Ziontrain said:
Or are we looking better with Gilberto + Fabreas as the starting two? :D

Fabregas + Gilberto? don't be silly, Wenger will next give up on Vieira, he's one of the best def midfieler in the world (if not #1).
the question is who's gonna play beside Vieira.

jeromelee

I don't believe Edu ranks as high as Gilberto in Wenger's hierarchy of players. Personally, I rather Edu leaves than Gilberto.

Seed

lol, I don't see this happening. Arsène and all Arsenal fans know how important he is to our team and to let him go would be foolish, we need two experienced central midfielders in our side, viera and gilberto should both stay

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: villareal after gilberto

baccy_man said:
this has got to be a joke they are offering regular champions league football . what do they think that he is getting at arsenal.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... remiership
Not regular Champions League football, but a regular firswt team place in a team thats in the CL. To them they believe that he does not have a permenant starting berth at Arsenal which they definately could give him.

Lukazan

Established Member
Perhaps if Gilberto hadn't had a massive injury and therefore showed what an asset is to the team people would be jumping at this chance to get a bit of money for him..

But we all know how underrated Gilberto is and I am sure he won't be going anywhere.

Ratinho

Established Member
He's first choice at Arsenal.

Nothing story, not because it isn't true, but surely we'd not even consider a bid as things stand.

Army of Me

Established Member
Ya, Villareal need to look elsewhere, we're keeping our DM's (Vieira and Gilberto) until we have some suitable replacements, and I don't see us getting any cover for them until next summer.

asajoseph

Established Member
I think it was actually also noticeable how much Gilberto's got worse - at the start of the season, he actually looked like a new player in many ways. His passing and movement (not normally his strongpoint) were looking pretty sharp, and he was contributing to some really fast flowing football. Since he came back from his injury, he was much less extravagant as a player, and his passing was back to it's normal poor level.

I don't think Gilberto's going anywhere, but if he does, it means Vieira's definitely staying.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, it could have been - but what we saw at the end of the season was roughly the Gilberto we've had for the last year or two. His performances in the first few games of the season were nothing short of exceptional - a cut above anything I've seen him produce before.

burnsjed

Established Member
couldn't agree more Asa, he seemed to flourish while Vieir was out of the team, which was strange, you would expect the extra burden to hamper his game

Shadow Moses

Established Member
OMG! They are going to offer him first team football and Champions League football, how on earth are we going to match that? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom