• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilberto Silva

Arsene

Just watched the highlights, been very busy all week so this was my first opportunity and i have to say did we see some brazilian flair?

That header was a bullet!, The shot from range was struck with pace and with the outside of his foot, and volley was stunning.

If he wasn't so unlucky he'd have had 3 goals! A side to gilberto i want to see more of.

My 2 cents anyway.

Andrew

More of the same please Gilberto!

How unlucky was he? He had a fine long shot which was saved well. Then he had a terrific over-head (kind of) kick that came off the goalkeeper and onto the post... He really stood up well in Henry's absence. Lets hope he can keep this sort of form up.

patrick42uk

Established Member
yeah, you have to say he did look like a brazilian from the highlights. gilberto does score goals, he is always making darting runs from into the box especially when we counter attack. i expect him to score more than vieira in a season, except if he is restircted from making such runs when vieira returns. i hope not though cause he seems to be better at finding the target than vieira is.

KoLo28

hopefully this performance builds his confidence and he can continue putting in a solid performance as he has done ALL year.

Superdudes

and alll it takes was one match.. how people can be so fickle.. i will stand behind gilberto though he's not that good as viera or henry.. i rate him betta than edu or parlour..

Webdesignlab

Established Member
He's a greast asset no doubt, I have said it before, he is the quiet one.

His tackles are nearly always at the right time and HARD. his innocent looking face gets him off from yellows and reds.

Robin

I agree that his innocent face keep him away from yellow card. Bergkamp played quite well. If we don't have him ,may be Gilberto can't score for our team.

A

Anonymous

I don't rate him. he has been very poor in ganes and at times Invincible

He has to stop giving the ball away

BERGY might have palyed ok, but being a forward he has to score regularly.

Mark

Established Member
gilberto certainly has improved his shooting this season, if he gives the ball away less then there'll be no problem, apart from that he is a good player, although i don't think it's fair not to play edu and parlour more, edu in particular has been great this season when called upon.

Andrew

henry_14 said:
I don't rate him. he has been very poor in ganes and at times Invincible

He has to stop giving the ball away

BERGY might have palyed ok, but being a forward he has to score regularly.

Is there anyone you actually rate? If you thought Bergkamp and Gilberto were **** then I hate to know what you think of the rest.

And it's good to know Gilberto is "Invincible", I'm sure every team could do with a player with such powers.

beaney

Silva did well i thought.

people have been giving him a hard time recently and to come back with a goal and a good performance is good show!!! (old chap)

im not his biggest fan, and id like to see Edu get more starts but you cant maon when a player comes back and scores, hes pretty much done his job. Without Paddy in the middle we need Silva at his best.

He has been giving the ball away a bit too much for my liking, but the rest of his game does seem to be pretty good.

thegame24

Established Member
that guy on capital gold knows **** all tony gale his name is. i kept hearing that gilberto was **** but i saw highlight and he was good.

also what do u mean u want more HE HAS SCORED 4 ****ing goals already.

reggiepaul

Yup, Gilberto was damn good. Nothing more to say.

Just an unlucky result.

NB If a commentator comments on a player during the game it's impulsive and time consuming material - not accurate.

A

Anonymous

His general play was not very good at all though, regardless of him being our biggest goal threat!

Bad passing, bad tackling etc, but i can excuse him this one bad game. He was not the worst player on the pitch by a long way though, he was just not MOTM.

On the whole i rate Gilberto and think he brings a lot to our team. If he can carry on this more attacking side of his game and add it to his usual tidy midfield play (and put a bit more effort in :wink: ) we wont be far of having a complete midfielder.

reggiepaul

Sol, since you see him as a major goal threat how can you say his "general" play wasn't good enough?

Isn't a football teams aim to score goal? Shouldn't a player be commended if (as you say) he was a goal threat? Isn't being a goal threat worthy of commendation as a good game for a player whose key position is midfield?

Our posession for the game according to OPTA was 62%. Shouldn't our central midfield (Edu and Gilberto) be commended for holding so much of the posession for us?

Looking at what you yourself state and our posession it seems Gilberto was all over the place and basically was our man of the match, no argument.

Thanks

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Gilberto played really well from the highlights i saw last night

i want to see more of the same from him in the next couple of games

Good work Gilberto

Latest posts

Top Bottom