• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gilles Grimandi Leaves Arsenal

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I find it difficult to evaluate his contribution, since we don't really know how much talent he scouted. What we do know is who we landed, but that also has to do with the club being able to finalize deals and basically put funds to good use. A scout has nothing to do with this.

Still, with Sven at the club I don't worry too much. What is for sure is that some of our best transfers have come under him, so good luck to Gilles at Milan and COYG!!!!

Exactly. Actually, it is known that we tried to sign Kante and Lemar when they player together but didn't because we were reluctant to pay up.

We talked to Monaco about Martial but 'he wasn't available', Wenger was at Mbappe's house before most had real interest, ..

I don't think Grimandi did much wrong.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Exactly. Actually, it is known that we tried to sign Kante and Lemar when they player together but didn't because we were reluctant to pay up.

We talked to Monaco about Martial but 'he wasn't available', Wenger was at Mbappe's house before most had real interest, ..

I don't think Grimandi did much wrong.
Grimandi has been here for years though. You're listing things done in the past couple of years. What about the other years he was here. Or did he only wake up to talent in the last few years?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Grimandi has been here for years though. You're listing things done in the past couple of years. What about the other years he was here. Or did he only wake up to talent in the last few years?

I was giving examples, not listing all players he found. Besides, if our board would have listened to him, we would hail him as the best thing ever. Add a lemar+kante and one of the good striking talents he scouted over the years and we would have won 1-2 league titles at the minimum

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don’t see any point in celebrating it now. Missed out on so many talents and I don’t understand how.

Mbappe is gone. Dembele is gone. The list goes on, of the numerous players that we missed out on. Putting the rhyme aside I think we’ve given Giles a harsh ride.

Wenger did try to sign Mbappe, he also didn’t think Kante ‘would become that good’. Grimandi was a nice scapegoat but blame falls mostly on Wenger and the club setup imo. Oh and who could forget the classic “I didnt know
he was available”. Clown.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Don’t see any point in celebrating it now. Missed out on so many talents and I don’t understand how.

Mbappe is gone. Dembele is gone. The list goes on, of the numerous players that we missed out on. Putting the rhyme aside I think we’ve given Giles a harsh ride.

Wenger did try to sign Mbappe, he also didn’t think Kante ‘would become that good’. Grimandi was a nice scapegoat but blame falls mostly on Wenger and the club setup imo. Oh and who could forget the classic “I didnt know
Thank goodness for Kante that one of the biggest teams was more far-sighted.

say yes

forum master baiter

Wenger did try to sign Mbappe, he also didn’t think Kantewould become that good’. Grimandi was a nice scapegoat but blame falls mostly on Wenger and the club setup imo. Oh and who could forget the classic “I didnt know

Grimandi wasn’t a scapegoat. Remember this from the Times last year:

"We will get to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, but first a story about the player who could have made everything so different for Arsenal: N’Golo Kante. A friend in France told Arsène Wenger all about Kante when he was in Ligue 2 with Caen.

Wenger dispatched Gilles Grimandi, his chief scout in France, to watch the little dynamo but Grimandi was not wowed. Six out of 10. Wenger’s friend persisted and Grimandi was sent to look again, but came back with another sceptical report. The manager kept monitoring Kante, but having just brought Mathieu Flamini back, and with Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky, Santi Cazorla, Jack Wilshere, Francis Coquelin and Aaron Ramsey already on his roster, he felt there was little point recruiting another central midfielder unless they were outstanding. After he joined Leicester, Wenger realised Kante was outstanding. He went for him at the end of 2015-16 but was this time put off by people around the player whose interest appeared to surround personally cashing in from a deal.

And Kante’s just one of a dozen incredible French talents we’ve missed over the last decade.

Who did we pick up from his area instead? Chamakh, Gervinho, Giroud, Ospina, Sanogo.

Absolute disgrace.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Grimandi wasn’t a scapegoat. Remember this from the Times last year:

And Kante’s just one of a dozen incredible French talents we’ve missed over the last decade.

Who did we pick up from his area instead? Chamakh, Gervinho, Giroud, Ospina, Sanogo.

Absolute disgrace.
Fair enough. I remembered the part about Wenger’s friend but I thought it was Wenger that was sceptical not Giles. For Kante alone he deserves to be run out of the emirates.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

And that clown Wenger saddled us with Anelka, Vieira, Petit, Henry and Clichy.
Should we list the young players who didn’t make it? Or talk about not signing player X in order to not kill player Y, or how close he was to signing seemingly every world class player?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Should we list the young players who didn’t make it? Or talk about not signing player X in order to not kill player Y, or how close he was to signing seemingly every world class player?
Deux can play at the same sterile game.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The manager kept monitoring Kante, but having just brought Mathieu Flamini back, and with Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky, Santi Cazorla, Jack Wilshere, Francis Coquelin and Aaron Ramsey already on his roster, he felt there was little point recruiting another central midfielder unless they were outstanding.
That line of thinking is what did Wenger in towards of the end. Just going into 15/16:
-Wilshere was injured before the Charity Shield
-Arteta missed 35 games through various injuries the season before
-Flamini not good enough
-Rosicky AWOL
-Ramsey was playing predominately on the RW

There wasn't much behind Cazorla/Coquelin, it was fake depth

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That line of thinking is what did Wenger in towards of the end. Just going into 15/16:
-Wilshere was injured before the Charity Shield
-Arteta missed 35 games through various injuries the season before
-Flamini not good enough
-Rosicky AWOL
-Ramsey was playing predominately on the RW

There wasn't much behind Cazorla/Coquelin, it was fake depth
Fake depth.

A century from now the people will talk about how unappreciated you were in your time.

Top Bottom