• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Gimme more money you tight f*ckers!"

Kraig

Established Member
not sure if this has been posted elsewhere (couldnt see it anyway) but...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/05/25/fans-blast-arsenal-star-andrey-arshavin-after-he-demands-pay-increase-because-of-income-tax-115875-21386727/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21386727/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fans blasted Arsenal’s Andrey Arshavin yesterday for demanding an increase in his £80,000-a-week wages – because he thinks he’s paying too much income tax.

New signing Arshavin, 27, has found he takes home less cash here that he did in his native Russia, even though his gross salary is far higher.

It’s because in Russia he was paying 13 per cent tax – and here he is clobbered by the new 50p top rate.

Now, Arshavin has ordered his agent to renegotiate his contract with the Gunners and earn him an increase.

But fans yesterday said the midfielder was displaying “sheer greed.”

Arsenal fan David Mayo, from High Wycombe, Bucks, said players like Arshavin should “stop whinging”.

David added: “Even after tax, he’s going to be on at least £40,000 a week, so he’s hardly struggling, is he?”

If Arshavin gets his rise, other Premier League big earners are sure to follow his lead.

He has warned other foreign players seeking Premier League clubs to be aware of the tax situation.

He said: “It’s important to understand clearly what money you are going to get and what taxes to pay, so that there are no unpleasant surprises of the kind I am facing now.

“I’m getting less than I expected. My agent is sorting it out.”

its the mirror so take it with a pinch of salt but there are quotes from the man himself at the bottom

James

Established Member
Re: "Gimme more money you tight ****ers!"

...and so the summer of bullshit tabloid reports begins.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

The quoted salary is probably just bullshit. This is the first time I've seen anyone suggesting that he's on 80K per week. He supposedly took a pay cut to join us and he earned a little less than 60K per week in Russia I think. I did the math a while ago when some financial record revealed how much he earned pre-tax.

fabo

6.51 / 10

^^Thought this was a family site... :wink:

dbig

I saw it earlier but I have no idea where he said it, why he would say something like that, and how the fans heard about it.

Or if it was just a bunch of made up quotes to stir trouble.

sabret00the

Established Member
He seems a player with his head screwed on and as such, surely he wouldn't make such a rookie mistake as not to check the salary he goes home with.

progman07

Established Member

But fans yesterday said the midfielder was displaying “sheer greed.”
What kind of annoying, hate generating bollocks this is?

As far as I know the fans love Arshavin and nobody said he is greedy. The Mirror should be sued for making up ****.

Reminds me how I'd like to blow up the whole ****ing office of the tabloid papers. They are living off other people's fame by making these up and making profit from selling the ****.

Nela

Established Member

dbig said:
I saw it earlier but I have no idea where he said it, why he would say something like that, and how the fans heard about it.

Or if it was just a bunch of made up quotes to stir trouble.
I think the quotes are real. But they're at least a couple of weeks old. I read them a while ago in one of the many translated interviews from Russian posters in the lobby.

I remember thinking that it won't take long before those quotes are picked up. I'm surprised it took this long, both for the media and posters here.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
In fairness, it wont be just Arshavin looking for a contract re-negotiated if true. The recent tax changes in the UK have had a apretty big impact on players net salaries - the situation changed from when he negotiated his salary prior to the transfer

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/apr/23/arsenal-fa-youth-cup-Arsène-wenger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ene-wenger</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One football agent had a particularly good reason to watch last night's FA Youth Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Manchester City....

So, what was the first thing on his mind at the end of the game? How well his Arsenal boys had done to reach the final? Wrong. How to console his vanquished City boys? Wrong. He was preoccupied with the new 50% tax hike for Britain's highest earners.

Every top player, he reckons, now wants to be paid net, so there are a chunk of contracts that suddenly need renegotiating. The thought made him look positively jubilant. The question of who is going to foot the bill to effectively compensate Premier League players for an increased tax rate is a huge worry for clubs, and for the fans whose ticket prices can ill afford to be bumped up. "Not my problem," the agent replied cheerfully.

At which point the urge to excuse myself to find the nearest brick wall against which to bang my head took over. Such conversation seemed startlingly out of place at the end of a game involving a bunch of kids whose careers are at such an embryonic stage

Good article in fairness. I cant see too many players being happy with a big cut in their salary which is human nature - not particularly greed. As for agents..what a shower of f*****s

lagos

Established Member
sabret00the said:
He seems a player with his head screwed on and as such, surely he wouldn't make such a rookie mistake as not to check the salary he goes home with.
The new tax rate was annouinced after he signed

sabret00the

Established Member
lagos said:
sabret00the said:
The new tax rate was annouinced after he signed
Yeah, but as an investor, surely you take into consideration the possibility of things like this, especially in today's climate?!

qs

Established Member
So Andrei wants more money. I suppose he's holding the club to ransom then. Maybe he'll be booed next season. Yeah right, fickle, hypocritical ****s.

sabret00the

Established Member
qs said:
So Andrei wants more money. I suppose he's holding the club to ransom then. Maybe he'll be booed next season. Yeah right, fickle, hypocritical c**nts.
Cheer up dude, it could be worse. They could be upset at a player for doing his job consistently like Denilson.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
That's the similar pattern of new signings. Most will complain that they didn't expect this or that. But Arshavin has chosen a dangerous area to complain about wages. He is probably among 5 best-paid players in the club.

Frankly I am worried that slowly he is showing his true self of after Euro 2008 when he was begging any club to go get him.I'm afraid that if he keeps the current form, the at end of next season, we will see the back of him toward Barca, ManCity or Inter

Good times are gone now, when ****s like Reyes were complainign about the weather.. :)

Zico

Established Member
Put in his shoes, I would do the exact same thing. I once went through a tax change that messed up my salary big time because the govt starting taxing all my allowances. It can really mess around with your financial planning, so I support Arshavin as long as he isn't looking to gouge the club.

banduan

Established Member
I go overseas to earn more, they tax me more, I end up earning less. Of course I'm gonna be a bit peeved. It's not all about money but you're already being nice to take a pay cut to play for a club, but to take an effective pay cut again half a year later?

qs

Established Member
Poor little Shava, how ever will he survive on a weekly wage millions of people in Britain make in a week.

This is greed. Same greed Ade has. Don't pretend its anything else. Just accept that people are greedy and we don't care if Shavas greedy because he's great. Its that simple.

Top Bottom