• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"Gimme more money you tight f*ckers!"

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
qs said:
Poor little Shava, how ever will he survive on a weekly wage millions of people in Britain make in a week.

This is greed. Same greed Ade has. Don't pretend its anything else. Just accept that people are greedy and we don't care if Shavas greedy because he's great. Its that simple.

Agreed (excuse the pun)

ultradoc

Established Member
You cannot compare shava to all those millions of people. He lives and moves among footballers. His lifestyle,expectations from life, expectations for his kids and family are bound to be different.
Personally, I never judge a player cos of their monetary grievances. They have a shorter period of time to earn too.So...it's iffy.

True Gooner

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
qs said:
Poor little Shava, how ever will he survive on a weekly wage millions of people in Britain make in a week.

This is greed. Same greed Ade has. Don't pretend its anything else. Just accept that people are greedy and we don't care if Shavas greedy because he's great. Its that simple.

Agreed (excuse the pun)

:lol:

I'll go with what QS said, but that doesn't mean I want Arshavin to be booed to make things equal. To be completely honest most people would do the same thing had they been in Adebayor or Arshavin's position.

entropy13

Established Member
ultradoc said:
You cannot compare shava to all those millions of people. He lives and moves among footballers. His lifestyle,expectations from life, expectations for his kids and family are bound to be different.
Personally, I never judge a player cause of their monetary grievances. They have a shorter period of time to earn too.So...it's iffy.

Indeed, I'm yet to see a football player, or any other athlete, retire at 60/65 (which is generally the retirement age of most laborers/workers/employees).

ultradoc

Established Member
I`m sure if it comes to it, Arshavin will not bullshit anyone, and will come out frankly and clearly to explain to the fans too. Saying that it's so and so..unlike adebayor who tried differently.
Frankly,I don't think it's any of our businesses what salaries the players haggle for against a club.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
ultradoc said:
Frankly,I don't think it's any of our businesses what salaries the players haggle for against a club.
It kind of becomes it though when they or their agents start blabbing to the press.

DaGunners

Established Member
In that interview with the Famous Four I remember Winterburn saying he went to Wenger's office asked him about a wage increase. Wenger said after this season, and he kept his word. I never heard anything about that in the press. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen these days.

Gunner4life09

Its probably his agent or tabloid makers that are trying to stir up something on a slow news day.

Arshavin has been nothing short of a epic player and a decent guy in his interviews so I doubt its him thats actually making demands like this.

banduan

Established Member
qs said:

This is slightly different.

Say you're on 5k quid a month. Not particularly well off but not in dire straits either. Then lo! Taxman cometh: 50% tax, not 35% anymore. I'm now effectively earning 3.3k net, I'm now earning 2.5k net. It's like I got a paycut. I can still survive on 2.5k, but I'm earning 1.8k less now.

If I'm a local, I vote the other guy next time.
If I'm a foreigner, I go straight to my employer, and tell him I need a pay rise to compensate. Especially if I'm good, cus I know I won't get thrown out for asking.

Nobody likes a pay cut.

In addition to that, it's tax allowances for foreign workers are also that much less lenient.

banduan

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Surely you wouldn't get taxed at 50% if you're in a 5k per month bracket?

You don't, I'm just showing that even at an affordable yet much less obscene wage, a tax hike hurts like a tax hike, and the foreigners react to it differently.

Biggus

Established Member
ultradoc said:
Personally, I never judge a player cause of their monetary grievances. They have a shorter period of time to earn too.So...it's iffy.

I agree Ultradoc. You know what pisses me off? the way supporters instinctively side with all the fat cat owners of the club and not the players. People have to remember that Arshavin could play for any of the top 10 clubs in Europe and probably earn more money than here, hes a professional footballer and he can do things very few others can- so in a free market of supply and demand he must get what he can and good luck to him. If we can't afford to pay him what hes worth- he won't play for us pure and simple- just like Flamini. So if necessary just accept the fact that we're a 2nd tier selling club with delusions of grandeur before rounding on the players. If we feel the players aren't doing their jobs or if you feel the team is sh!t and not giving value for your money- thats another story, feel free to criticise the players and Wenger.

But I won't be crying any tears for Usmanov, Kroenke or diamond Danny having to shell out more in wages thats for sure.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
qs said:

Read his actual quote first and carefully, mate. It is not the same as Ade's.

The Ruskies in the lobby will happily provide you with insight of Andrey

Or you can ask him yourself in "Ask Andrey Thread"

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Biggus said:
ultradoc said:

I agree Ultradoc. You know what pisses me off? the way supporters instinctively side with all the fat cat owners of the club and not the players. People have to remember that Arshavin could play for any of the top 10 clubs in Europe and probably earn more money than here, hes a professional footballer and he can do things very few others can- so in a free market of supply and demand he must get what he can and good luck to him. If we can't afford to pay him what hes worth- he won't play for us pure and simple- just like Flamini. So if necessary just accept the fact that we're a 2nd tier selling club with delusions of grandeur before rounding on the players. If we feel the players aren't doing their jobs or if you feel the team is sh!t and not giving value for your money- thats another story, feel free to criticise the players and Wenger.

But I won't be crying any tears for Usmanov, Kroenke or diamond Danny having to shell out more in wages thats for sure.

Hear ye hear ye, that's a very good post big

Agreed

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ashavin wanted Barca before but the Catalan didn't take him. So why he whinged? The reason why he's on such a high wage is because Premiership being the richest league in Europe. I thought the Russian came here for both sporting and financial reasons, didn't he?

That said, Arsenal won't be the only club being affected by the new taxing rule. ManU and Chelsea probabaly will suffer more from the change of tax regime.

KY

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
We all know Arteta would never have complained like this. Should have bought him instead

Yeah, cause he'll be too busy finishing his time in the treatment room or by the sidelines... ;)

Biggus

Established Member
I'm sick of people (Wenger included) defending our tight arsed board, or patronising us with "don't we do well punching above our weight" Well no we don't actually- perpetual semi finalists and 4th place isn't good enough. If they don't want to finance the club properly as befits our size and prestige- Get the f**k out and sell it to someone who will.

Top Bottom