<

Gimme Vassel!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by gypped, Dec 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gypped

gypped New Member

Darius Vassel is, in my humble opinion, one of the best strikers in England, but one fo the most underrated as well. He is young, and Wenger could make him into another great Arsenal player. Besides, while I'm not against foreign blood on Arsenal, it is always nice to have British boys.

Now, if not Vassel, how bout a swoop for Robbie Keane? Robbie Keane is an amazing young striker, and he's Irish, which is an extra bonus. What say you to the next Liam Brady?

2. Andrew

Andrew New Member

I think Vassel could turn into a great player at Highbury. He is young, quick and doesn't come with any additional baggage. It's a pity (for us) he signed a new contract at the start of the season because there was talk we would get him for 1 million or so. Now I think we will have to spend about 10 million on him, because Aston Villa will not sell a striker unless neccessary.

3. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

I think Vassel is very average. All he has is pace and nothing more. The defenders in our league have sussed him out but on the international stage he is unknown so that is why he does better for england.

4. potterarsenal

potterarsenal New Member

i think hes sh*te

5. mike

mike New Member

He is very mediocre. Ive been to watch the villa with friends and hes incredibly lazy.The ball was in the opponenets box and he was about 30 yards away from all the action.Now, what use is he doing there as a striker?

6. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

Vassell's got bundles of pace but his finishing is pretty substandard. I'd prefer Eto'o who's a similar sort of player but has a good scoring record in La Liga.

7. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

Nope, no chance. Speed, strength but not clinical enough. Need a player with more vision/technical ability.

8. slapz

slapz New Member Trusted

Latest rumour is that a deal has almost been done regarding a "wing wizard" who'll deffo sign when the window opens up again

9. Senght

Senght New Member

he isn't the box striker we need and i feel that he is too lightweight.

10. Arjan

Arjan New Member Trusted

If vassell costs 10 mil in GBP, why not spend around 8 at Kezman :idea:

11. n_henry

n_henry New Member

Not really into Vassell. He'll be decent, I'm sure..but like others have said, not really the answer IMO.

12. JGooner

JGooner New Member Trusted

Vassell is nowhere near good enough. he's just a speed merchant without a football brain. Alan Smith is a class above and may be available very cheaply.

13. gimme Vassel? gimme a break no way

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

rubbish, absolutely rubbish

He has don't **** all at Villa

15. A.Hussain

A.Hussain New Member

not vassell, more like smithy.... alan smith

16. johe

johe New Member

where'd you hear this?

if we've signed a so called "wing wizard", then signings can be narrowed down

17. A.Hussain

A.Hussain New Member

robin van persle might be one of these wing wizards

18. johe

johe New Member

although I have a feeling this player might be a complete unknown, these are the "wing wizards" we've been linked to/talking about

van der Vaart
    Reyes
    van Persie
    Rothen
    Robben

what's funny is, all of these are left footers, when we really need a right footed wing, unless of course, wenger decides to do like with Pires and have the foot opposite of side, if you know what I mean :wink:

I've propably forgotten someone, so please forgive that :angel

19. jc8gooner

jc8gooner New Member Elite

That is an interesting one. He could be a good player at Highbury but he could also fail like Jeffers.

20. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

can reyes play right wing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.