• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Sturridge is definitely our best striker. He has to start.

Hart is top class why do people not want him to play?

I wouldn't mind seeing us play a diamond in midfield, just so we can fit Sturridge and Kane up front.

But it depends how we're going to play next year. If we're planning to play counter attacking football then I'd go with a midfield 3 of Henderson-Wilshere-Lallana and then Walcott-Sturridge-Sterling in front. Not really sure who's the best choice to play DM in this formation. Maybe Henderson. Not sure Carrick has the legs anymore

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Since nobody - bar me- mentioned Rooney yet. Would you still select Rooney as useful bench player or would you leave him at home?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hart
Clyne Stones Jagielka Baines*
Wilshere
Henderson Barkley
Sterling
Sturridge Walcott​
*Shaw instead of Baines if available.

Rest of squad- Forster, Butland, Smalling, Cahill, Bertrand/Shaw, Milner, Lallana, Shelvey, Rooney, Kane, Welbeck, Chamerlain.

Henderson more defensive minded than Barkley on the other side. Kinda of a lob-sided diamond, essentially Barkley, Sterling, Walcott and Sturridge are the attacking 4.

**** Delph, Jones, Vardy, Alli, Carrick, Walker or whatever other average/past it nonsense Woy wants to include.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Hart
Clyne - Stones - Jagielka - Baines
Henderson (I hate this ****cunt) - Wilshere
Rooney
Chamberlain - Sturridge - Sterling​

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
That team would be murdered against most top teams. England will fall short as they so often do because the team is less than the sum of its parts, way too many gloryhogs in the squad. Hodgson seems like a likable bloke but a bit of an idiot, not the guy who could discipline the team into playing for each other - but the damage has already been long done, all these youngsters (including our own) constantly talk about how they want to score more goals instead of looking to play for the team because that's what they were taught from a young age.

Nobody ever tries to actively find a team mate in a better position unless they are absolutely forced to, which is mostly down to the mentality ingrained in players, youth setups and the media. Guys like Kane and Sturridge are bigger ballhogs than Ronaldo with about 1% of the ability and I remember ****ing Kyle Walker taking free kicks not too long ago because he thought he was the next Bale. Lots of things wrong with England even though there is obvious talent around.

Also Rooney should be put down, completely useless nowadays and it's glorious to see. Vardy is ten times the player he is.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Anyway. He's got to go.

It's unbelievable that he wasn't able to get out of the group stages. Completely average manager, picks whoever's making the most noise and barely knows how to set his team up properly. I can accept good results but **** football to an extent (cite Capello), but he already looks like he's punching above his weight.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's really not that bad. No one's calling him world class or anything.
That's the problem, he isn't world class... hence I asked if there any better English keeper out there.
if you want to succeed, world class GK (and defenders) is essential

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I think Hart is pretty much the least problem the English NT has. Went from severely overrated a few years ago to quite underrated now. One of the very few likable blokes in Roy's squad too.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
its just that I think England needs a Buffon/Cech/Neuer level GK.

Is Hart good? yes he is. But if there a better one, England would improve further. Hart is without competition in NT, it's not good

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You could say the same for every position and country. Hart can be improved on obviously, but pretty much every other position in England's team needs improving first.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

BREAKING: Liverpool striker Danny Ings out for rest of season with cruciate ligament injury #SSNHQ

Tough luck for Ings, thought he was getting into decent form for Liverpool.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
That's the problem, he isn't world class... hence I asked if there any better English keeper out there.
if you want to succeed, world class GK (and defenders) is essential

Not really a problem then is it? Multiple national teams have won things without world class keepers. There's maybe... 5 max? What have the Czech Republic won? Belgium? etc etc.

say yes

forum master baiter
I think Hart is pretty much the least problem the English NT has. Went from severely overrated a few years ago to quite underrated now. One of the very few likable blokes in Roy's squad too.

Pretty much this.

Can't argue with how Roy did in qualification but it was a piss easy group and he demonstrated himself to be clueless at the World Cup.I can pretty much guarantee that whatever Rooney's form, he will be shoe-horned into the side at the Euros - to the detriment of the team.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
How many keepers in the world are better than Hart? Neuer, Cech, De Gea, Coutois and Buffon are the only keepers I Would say. I would take Hart over the likes Lloris and Handanovic.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How many keepers in the world are better than Hart? Neuer, Cech, De Gea, Coutois and Buffon are the only keepers I Would say. I would take Hart over the likes Lloris and Handanovic.

Hart better than Lloris!? I can't

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Hart better than Lloris!? I can't

Hart has won the golden glove record in the league 4 times in the past 5 seasons and is currently leading the league with clean sheets this season. I would certainly say Hart pulls off more "highlight clip" / match winning standard saves than Lloris as well.

say yes

forum master baiter
------------------ Hart ------------------
Clyne - Jagielka - Smalling - Shaw
--------- Carrick - Henderson ---------
--------------- Wilshere ---------------
---- Walcott - Sturridge - Sterling ----

That's the best I can come up with right now, which is pretty worrying - particularly given the injury concerns over Shaw/Carrick/Wilshere/Sturridge.

We've got a lot of options going forward but not sure how many of them will fit into a coherent side.

Edit: Worth saying Welbeck out wide would probably suit the team better, and he has a very impressive record for England - but Walcott is pretty hot right now.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hart has won the golden glove record in the league 4 times in the past 5 seasons and is currently leading the league with clean sheets this season. I would certainly say Hart pulls off more "highlight clip" / match winning standard saves than Lloris as well.

The Golden Glove is a joke of an award, it rewards an individual for something won by a defensive unit and hours of good coaching. The goalkeeper isn't the main contributor towards it.

Was Hart honestly better than Courtois or De Gea last season? Or Cech in any of the previous years he won it?

There is no chance Hart's better than Lloris. If he didn't play for Sp**s it'd be clear to see, the guy's probably the second best keeper in the league. Way more consistent than Hart who has a spell every year where he plays like sh*t.

Top Bottom