• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

------------------ Hart ------------------
Clyne - Jagielka - Smalling - Shaw
--------- Carrick - Henderson ---------
--------------- Wilshere ---------------
---- Walcott - Sturridge - Sterling ----

That's the best I can come up with right now, which is pretty worrying - particularly given the injury concerns over Shaw/Carrick/Wilshere/Sturridge.

We've got a lot of options going forward but not sure how many of them will fit into a coherent side.

Edit: Worth saying Welbeck out wide would probably suit the team better, and he has a very impressive record for England - but Walcott is pretty hot right now.

Welbeck has been the most consistent performer during Woy's tenure. Having him in the side makes me confident that at least we have one player that will run his lungs off for 90 minutes in the white shirt.

I'd start him on the left and potentially put Sterling as the #10.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not really a problem then is it? Multiple national teams have won things without world class keepers. There's maybe... 5 max? What have the Czech Republic won? Belgium? etc etc.
Czech Republic went past the qualifying round and group stages in Euro 2012. pound to pound this is better than many other countries since Czech only have Rosicky (injured in group stage) and Cech to rely on.
Belgium ... before Courtois, they didn't even qualify...
Slovenia didn't qualify before Handanovic played...
If you want to debate about the importance of world class keeper behind the bar, there are plenty of evidence.

You could say the same for every position and country. Hart can be improved on obviously, but pretty much every other position in England's team needs improving first.
My question was a genuine one, since people talk about improving every other positions but no one talk about improving Hart.
Is he the best there is or there is someone who can challenge him but not called up?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Let's hope Wilshere and Sturridge are fit for the Euro's. Can't see Shaw going and I doubt Welbeck will be ready, his season is done I reckon, If everybody is fit then:

Hart, Butland, Foster
Clyne, Jones, Smalling, Cahill, Stones, Baines, Bertrand
Wilshere, Carrick, Henderson, Milner, Barkley, Delph, Ox, Lallana, Sterling
Rooney, Kane, Walcott, Sturridge

Think that squad is likely, if Welbeck is back then it gets hard for Roy, he loves Wele and leaving one of those four strikers out is impossible, don't think any other country in Europe has as many good strikers as England.

benjamin86

Established Member
What would everyones team be for tomorrow?

I'm going with....
Hart

Walker - Smalling - Cahill/Stones - Rose

Dier - Henderson/Milner/ Potato/ Pile of ****

Sterling - Alli - Wilshere

Kane​

Vardy and Rooney would be my impact subs.

I've modelled my team around the Sp**s system trying to replace like for like. Sp**s over achieved last season and that's what we need to do.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hart
Clyne Cahill Stones Bertrand
Wilshere
Henderson Rooney
Sterling
Sturridge Vardy​

Because......**** Sp**s.

N

NotAUserName

What would everyones team be for tomorrow?

I'm going with....
Hart

Walker - Smalling - Cahill/Stones - Rose

Dier - Henderson/Milner/ Potato/ Pile of ****

Sterling - Alli - Wilshere

Kane​

Vardy and Rooney would be my impact subs.

I've modelled my team around the Sp**s system trying to replace like for like. Sp**s over achieved last season and that's what we need to do.
If you are going to model your team the Sp**s system then Wilshere should be next to Dier. He has the dribbling of Dembélé but not the defensive workrate. Then play Lallana on the right and Sterling on the left.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think England will score every game. Also think they'll concede every game. Could be well off but I'm sticking with it for now

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If Jack doesn't start then I'm not watching. **** Rooney. Shouldn't be near the first team.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Woy is clueless! All the friendly games we've played and he will probably start tonight with yet another new line up. Not many International managers will do that this week and that tells you a lot about Woy. If we want to score plenty we should be playing Kane & Vardy up front. Looks like Vardy & Wilshere (the only 2 Arsenal players) will both start on the bench, just so Captain new rug can play.

benjamin86

Established Member
If you are going to model your team the Sp**s system then Wilshere should be next to Dier. He has the dribbling of Dembélé but not the defensive workrate. Then play Lallana on the right and Sterling on the left.
my thinking was Wilshere is more like Eriksen and Sterling is like Lamela and we just don't have a player like Dembele.

Top Bottom