• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Shearer said: "Welbeck has a better scoring record internationally than in club football.

"You wouldn't say he was bang in form and he hasn't pulled up any trees with Arsenal this season, but he is the best option we have as back-up to [Jamie] Vardy and [Harry] Kane."

"Overall, Gareth has picked pretty much the strongest squad available to him. He has got to make the best of what he has got."

Disgusting how people are questioning Danny's inclusion in the squad for the WC.
Only we're allowed to talk trash about him, so the rest can piss off as far as I'm concerned. He's dat guy for a reason, you know.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Welbeck is among the best English strikers we have... Make of that what you will, but that's why he's going. He's also one of those players that comes alive in an England shirt. Can we say the same for Kane and Vardy? No...We haven't got many of them. Slay those scumbags, Danny boy.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Turns it on in the qualifiers and like England his true colours show in the tournaments. He's scored 1 goal in Euros and World Cup combined. Some serious overrating going on of Welbeck. I guess his inclusion isn't a huge debate because there isn't many options but some of the posts here I cannot agree with.

By some of your guys logic, we should have kept Hodgson because he had a reliable 60% win ratio with England.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Kane ****s himself for England and Welbeck delivers, the difference. If England make it to the last 16 then Welbz will probably be starting after Southgate reluctantly realises that Kane doesn't have it when it comes to international football meanwhile Welbz is a lion that feeds.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Can someone explain what Rashford's done to get into the England squad? Has never really performed for England and has not done much for United this season, can't believe how overhyped he was a couple of years ago. Can see him at maybe a mid-table club in a season or two, he's not really that special, has decent pace and can go past a player but I think he's being found out a lot. When you're an unknown it's easy to get the better of defenders but he doesn't have many standout attributes that put him in the top class category, think his game is a bit predictable and most PL defenders have caught on now.

Murray and Crouch would have been better picks.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Turns it on in the qualifiers and like England his true colours show in the tournaments. He's scored 1 goal in Euros and World Cup combined. Some serious overrating going on of Welbeck. I guess his inclusion isn't a huge debate because there isn't many options but some of the posts here I cannot agree with.
One can say the same about England, because they never deliver in final tournaments, but you know for a fact that Danny will give it his all when he's on the pitch, whether that's not much or a lot.
The posts about him are a combination of trolling, tongue in cheek and genuine belief that he's a hard worker.
It's like when someone calls your dad/brother/child a bum and that may be true, but you'll still stick up for him because he's family.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Man please, the biggest reason England have been **** in recent tourneys is trying to emulate tika taka crap which is not our game. England should be a counter attacking direct team. Nothing wrong with hoofball when done correctly.
There is a marked difference between playing direct, being a counter attacking team and hoofball. You also cannot name a team in recent memory that won a major international tournament playing hoofball so let's quit while you're behind here. That you don't seem to understand that there is a vast middle ground between tiki taka and hoofball that 99% of teams on earth operate in does not indicate a great understanding of football. By your logic the Invincibles played hoofball(they most certainly didn't) because they didn't play tiki taka.

Gegen Pressing

Man please, the biggest reason England have been **** in recent tourneys is trying to emulate tika taka crap which is not our game. England should be a counter attacking direct team. Nothing wrong with hoofball when done correctly.

Pundit Lawro: "Lovely hoofball there by the ENGLAND team , now say whatever you like but when it goes in, it's in there's no need for VAR analysis.
Tell all you Chicken Tika Taka eaters that
Highway M1 is the new silk road from England to Moscow and we're the Fcuking Mongols we're going to alter the Carbon Footprint while decimating everything on our way to the Finals. "

Pundits Drogba, Lampard, Neville "It's Tiki Taka though"

Last edited:

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
On paper England should be good enough to at least finish second in their group.

After that it’ll should be either Poland or Colombia or Senegal. This potential Ro16 game will be a huge one for England.

If they lose then that’s that but if they win then it would mean a Quarter final game and that QF could possibly be against Germany/Switzerland/Costa Rica depending on what happens in Groups E & F.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Still got a strange feeling we might do well this year. Don’t normally think this. No logic to it of course.

After all, we lost to Iceland in the last comp.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hm i'm not his biggest fan tbh but I'd have gone with Henderson for the captaincy. He's proved himself a pretty good captain at Liverpool and he has a great selflessness about him, he's a team player. I get that Kane is the figurehead and the best player, but he's also quite selfish and focused on himself, no? That's not a bad thing, it's what you want from a goalscorer, but not your captain.

Batman

Hm i'm not his biggest fan tbh but I'd have gone with Henderson for the captaincy. He's proved himself a pretty good captain at Liverpool and he has a great selflessness about him, he's a team player. I get that Kane is the figurehead and the best player, but he's also quite selfish and focused on himself, no? That's not a bad thing, it's what you want from a goalscorer, but not your captain.
Henderson is the perfect captain IMO. He's a hard worker who always puts in a shift, can organize those around him and who recognizes what his responsibility is. He's exactly what you want in a captain. Is he the most talented player? No. But what he does he does well and he doesn't try to go beyond that for glory. He delights in performing his specific role well which is exactly the kind of leadership the divas in the England setup need as an example rather than the hubris and selfishness that Kane embodies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I usually want to see England do well in tournaments, but with that squad and Kane as captain ugh...

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if I'm deluded but I'm hopeful for Quarters. We have one of the best strikers in the world and some good talents in Alli and Sterling.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

They are starting their witch hunt against Sterling just in time, no doubt in my mind that they'd love to make him the scapegoat for eventual failure.. Hope he balls the **** out and it's Kane and Alli that lets them down.
Guy was arguably the best (definitely at least the second best) English player in the world this season. Gets way, way too much stick for forcing a move (aka showing ambition) that he’s more than lived up to already.

Batman

Guy was arguably the best (definitely at least the second best) English player in the world this season. Gets way, way too much stick for forcing a move (aka showing ambition) that he’s more than lived up to already.
Didn't really rate him until this season but he was immense and finally started to put things together. Still needs to be a bit more clinical in front of goal because he missed a ton of chances but he's become quite a fantastic player. It will be interesting to see how Southgate deploys him and if he can take on the challenge of shining in a much less talented England squad than he features in at City.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Don’t think Sterling will ever be a good finisher as high as I rate him. That game vs Utd was appalling from his perspective. Passed up so many clear chances.

Latest posts

Top Bottom