• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Golden Boot 2008.

Mostarac

Established Member
Below is the table for the current leaders as of 14th January, I presume that the list will be completely updated tomorrow. Anyway, the most notable changes to the list from last week are Adebayor`s 2 goals, Cristiano Ronaldo scored once and Ibrahimovic scored another 2 goals.

http://www.vi.nl/Spelers/ESMGoudenSchoen.htm

Nyingmeh

I hope Ade keeps scoring, a few braces or hat tricks will only do him good towards the golden boot

Thommybhoy

Established Member
IMO Ade will keep scoring and it would be nice to have again Golden Boot player.
But also IMO Ade will not get it this year, I can see Ibra and Benzema rising on that list soon.

Alfonso

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
IMO Ade will keep scoring and it would be nice to have again Golden Boot player.
But also IMO Ade will not get it this year, I can see Ibra and Benzema rising on that list soon

But what is the goal scaling in the French League in terms of the Golden Boot? For example, I know in Portugal if a player scores 30 goals is not the same as a EPL player scoring 30. They use a different scale, understandably so, for the 'lesser' leagues. Therefore, if this is the case then Benzema would have to lead the race by quite a margin.

entropy13

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Thommybhoy said:
But also IMO Ade will not get it this year, I can see Ibra and Benzema rising on that list soon

But what is the goal scaling in the French League in terms of the Golden Boot? For example, I know in Portugal if a player scores 30 goals is not the same as a EPL player scoring 30. They use a different scale, understandably so, for the 'lesser' leagues. Therefore, if this is the case then Benzema would have to lead the race by quite a margin.

Benzema has scored 13, and he has 26 points so far, like Ibrahimovic.

Mostarac

Established Member
The Spanish, English, Italian, German and French leagues get top points for their topscorers(2 points per goal), while the others vary(Holland, Portugal and Scotland get 1.5 points). So Benzema`s 13 goals are not less worth than Ibrahimovic`s 13 goals.

Mostarac

Established Member
That remains to be seen, his main competitors have played as much as 3-4 matches less(Ibrahimovic) for example.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Ranking including this weekend's goals (player in italics play in summerleagues; their totals will not go up anymore )

player, club, goals scored, points, (multiplication factor for strength of league)

1. Cristiano Ronaldo Man. United (Eng) 17 34 (2)
2. Helstad SK Brann (Noo)* 22 33 (1,5)
3. Griffiths Lanelli (Wal) 31 31 (1)
4. Adebayor Arsenal (Eng) 15 30 (2)
Benzema Olympiqye Lyon 15 30 (2)
Trezeguet Juventus (Ita) 15 30 (2)
7. Lipartov JK Trans (Est) * 29 29 (1)
8. Huntelaar Ajax 19 28,5 (1,5)
Nannskog Stabæk (Noo) * 19 28,5 (1,5)
10. Milito Real Zaragoza (Spa) 14 28 (2)
Fabiano Sevilla (Spa) 14 28 (2)
12. Ijeh Viking (Noo) * 18 27 (1,5)
13. Ibrahimovic Internazionale (Ita) 13 26 (2)
Mutu Fiorentina 13 26 (2)
15. N'Kufo FC Twente 17 25,5 (1,5)
16. Van Nistelrooy Real Madrid (Spa) 12 24 (2)
Mwaruwari Portsmouth (Eng) 12 24 (2)
Luksys Ekranas (Lit)* 24 24 (1)
Vasilioek Gomel (WRu)* 24 24 (1)
20. Zelinski FC Levadia (Est)* 23 23 (1)

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom