• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Goncalo Guedes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This guy is the right mix of everything in terms of his playstyle, looks like he's quick, agile, creative and a goalscorer as well as comfortable taking players on.

Dissapointed me in the WC but as previously said he was the second attacker in a system catered to CR7. Also, international football is on a different world compared to club football and young players sometimes struggle there.

If we sign Guedes, for the first time ever I will actually not want us to sign anymore players (unless we get rid of Mustafi), we would have had a good window for the resources we have.

BobP

Memri Fan
Few links which may be of interest:

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football...a-pas-voyage-avec-le-psg-en-asie-1494840.html

PSG asking 50m€ for Guedes, Valencia not meeting the price yet, some English and Italian clubs are interested

In summary:

Question marks over whether or not Valencia are willing to drop that sort of money on Guedes when they have other targets, namely Batshuayi. There are also rumors that Valencia are interested in Origi. I'm not exactly sure about the exact state of their finances but their transfer activity so far has been pretty even. They're haggling over the fees of those strikers above so I doubt they'd be able to make a play for Guedes unless they sell a player for a pretty substantial fee. There have been a few rumors here and there that Rodrigo might be that player but he's come out and said that he wants to stay at Valencia.

I'm not exactly sure how Tuchel and PSG view Guedes or if Guedes is willing to stick around at PSG, keeping in mind that he's 'competing' with Neymar.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't see the point in going after Guedes. He doesn't want to come to England. He is overpriced. He isn't even that good. He doesn't have a defined position. He plays off the striker but doesn't score or assist. When he plays on the wing he just about beats a man before he goes to ground, even though he is 6ft tall. He isn't particularly strong, but my main gripe is that he isn't fast considering he isn't overly skillful.

He got displaced in the national team by Andre Gomes. That says it all. Leon Bailey, is faster, stronger, more skillful and has a much higher ceiling. Why the hell we are not going for him I have no idea.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Don't see the point in going after Guedes. He doesn't want to come to England. He is overpriced. He isn't even that good. He doesn't have a defined position. He plays off the striker but doesn't score or assist. When he plays on the wing he just about beats a man before he goes to ground, even though he is 6ft tall. He isn't particularly strong, but my main gripe is that he isn't fast considering he isn't overly skillful.

So shall I pop you down as a maybe? ;)

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

He got displaced in the national team by Andre Gomes. That says it all. Leon Bailey, is faster, stronger, more skillful and has a much higher ceiling. Why the hell we are not going for him I have no idea.

You want Adama Traore tho :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Um, I mean he does sort of score and assist. He scored/assisted 18 times last season. He does also dribble, he averaged 2.2 dribbles a game last season, whoscored lists it as his best quality.

If he doesn't want to come to England then fair enough, he shouldn't come, but he is a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom