• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gonzalo Higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

Godwin1 said:
Well looks like another top player we've missed out on, seem's Madrid bizarrely wanted more money for him, which they got. I wonder what our excuse for mising out on the rest of our so called targets will be.

Oh come on. We did not "miss out" on him. We had a price agreed, then they upped it by almost 10m at the last second after everything else was in place. We walked away out of principle as that is not how business should be done and there is no reason we should just bend over to Madrid's whims.

We also then felt there was better value for money available, i.e. Suarez.

Godwin1

Very well-known
We don't know for sure if that's what happend blaze.

Even if it is, Real Madrid are well known ***** who raised the price and got what they asked for. Lets stop taking the moral high ground here, we need a striker but were not willing to pay Madrid's valuation. Simple as that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nothing Higuain could have done, it was between the clubs and Arsenal didn't want him enough which is the bottom line.

I'm still saying, I woulda paid whatever Madrid was asking, they tried to get the most money out of the deal, go figure - it's not something that has never been heard of before in football.

Walking away from the Higuain deal only to bid 40m and counting for Suarez is absolutely bizarre and I fail to see the value in that anywhere.

I doubt principles are that strong to walk away from a raise in price when an official bid was yet to be made. Like I said, Arsenal just didn't want him enough.

arshy9

Established Member
I don't blame AW from walking away from a deal after one had be en agreed and RM decided to change terms

Many reputable sources claimed that 23 million pounds were agreed and RM moved the goal posts.And now he's gone for close to 40 million quid.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Higuain isn't worth 30M plus, the fact we moved for someone else at a higher price tells you everything. Wenger knows best.

How long are you people going to cry for? We didn't want him at the new price because he isn't worth it.

Floating

Established Member
Godwin1 said:

Even if it is, Real Madrid are well known ***** who raised the price and got what they asked for. Lets stop taking the moral high ground here, we need a striker but were not willing to pay Madrid's valuation. Simple as that.

If we can afford to pay £40m for Suarez, we could afford to pay £31m for Higuain. We chose not to.

That means we didn't "miss out" or "lose out" on Higuain, we chose to change our target to a more expensive player.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Well if this more expensive player did come, hopefully after his 6 game ban he ruptures his knee or Achilles tendon or some sh*t, misses the season and then puts in a transfer request for Madrid the following summer and I'll never have to see him play.

His antics, his teeth, his sh*t goal celebration, all of it can piss off elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Floating said:
Godwin1 said:

If we can afford to pay £40m for Suarez, we could afford to pay £31m for Higuain. We chose not to.

That means we didn't "miss out" or "lose out" on Higuain, we chose to change our target to a more expensive player.

And I hope you're right. We'll see by the end of the transfer window. At the moment if you take the past few seasons into consideration then it looks like I'm the one who is correct :(

cannonade

Established Member
Here's a question: If Benzema, Higuain and Suarez are all at RM at the same time, who do you think first, second and third choice is?

Floating

Established Member
cannonade said:
Here's a question: If Benzema, Higuain and Suarez are all at RM at the same time, who do you think first, second and third choice is?

I would choose Suarez, although that question is moot as Higuain is essentially a Napoli player.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Suarez is better than Higuain and Benzema, it's not even up for debate. Benzema is weird because you feel he can do more and is playing within himself.

Higuain and Benzema aren't good enough to start for Real, have always said it.

cannonade

Established Member
I screwed up. So confident am I that RM are really after Bale and not Suarez I put Suarez on a hypothetical team with Benzema and Higuain at RM, forgetting that many of us are fearful of a swoop for Suarez by RM. Not my intention! My entire point is that I feel that Suarez (even with his attending baggage) is the best option, footballing-wise, for AFC in comparison to Higuain.

Kenyonhater

GDeep said:
Suarez is better than Higuain and Benzema, it's not even up for debate. Benzema is weird because you feel he can do more and is playing within himself.

Higuain and Benzema aren't good enough to start for Real, have always said it.

That's it. Close down the forum and rename this site "The Gospel according to GDeep".

Macho

Dusted 🔻

DJ_Markstar said:
Nice to see people wishing ill of a potential Arsenal player before he even arrives :roll:
Not people just me.

To be fair we could blow 50m on him and that could easily happen. *shrugs*

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
tumblr_menahoNfgu1rmugu7o1_400.gif

Guess we ended being the guy on the right.

WengerFaithful

To put this Tread to bed for once and for all and for the sake of people who turn into Captain Hinsight if we dont sign a mar key signing - can we put up a quick poll Mods?

The poll would be 'Should we have agreed to the extra 12 Million on top of the 23million org agreed with RM for Higuain?

A simple Yes or No.

Maybe even make it a new Tread and close this sad saga that is this tread.

thedon5

I think everyone would say yes, we want good players and it's not our concern if it's a few million here or there. In the end that extra money would have just ended up lining Stan's pockets, it wouldn't have been reinvested into the team.

161 pages. Bloody hell. MD's list of other threads which have made it this far really made me doubt this one happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom