• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gonzalo Higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-to-lower-release-fee-and-leave-a7033496.html

According to Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, Higuain is considering agreeing a new contract with the club on the terms that his release clause is lowered from its current fee of £74m to a more attractive £46m - £3.5m more than Arsenal paid for Özil in 2013.

I doubt even at the price he'd be our first choice but if we're still empty at the end of the summer I could see going for it.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
If he wants out, it'll make more sense for him to wait out the summer to see if a bid arrives before signing on, instead of having an (unrealistic) release clause inserted.

Prawn Sandwich

Makes no sense for Napoli to give away his release clause like that. FFS. :lol:

If we can get him we should just go for it: he is ready to deliver the goods as soon as he signs. No waiting, 2 years of goals guaranteed. You don't think or worry about sell on value when you can get a top, top striker in their prime, you just take for the oppurtunity to get the league title.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
hmm I dunno. watched his goals from this season. Quite a lot of suspect defending and interesting keeping...

Not writing him off but not sure he'd be as effective here. Thne again he's a good finisher and has decent pace so would probably get loads of goals for us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I agree with the 3 years too late comments, that was the time to sign him. Now you have to pay a massive fee to a club that don't like selling their top stars cheaply, especially one who's broken a goalscoring record. Then you must consider he's not far off 30 so to sign him for a record fee would go against how Wenger likes to operate.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Why would Napoli give him a new contract which enables him to force a move?
When he's saying lower the buy out or i don't sign it then they're stuck.

Higuain's got their ball's in a vice, this at least gives them a shot at keeping him for more than a year rather than panic selling next season or losing him on a free. He's already turned down previous contract offers.

If i were Napoli i'd take the demand, hope he does one more year and have a run at the title, sell him at the buyout (it's still 60m euros!) next season. If Napoli want to contend for a title they're going to have to gamble.

Imo the extra £5-10m they'd make selling now (since i doubt anyone would meet the buyout) isn't worth a lot when there's a general lack of quality replacements.

Prawn Sandwich

I agree with the 3 years too late comments, that was the time to sign him. Now you have to pay a massive fee to a club that don't like selling their top stars cheaply, especially one who's broken a goalscoring record. Then you must consider he's not far off 30 so to sign him for a record fee would go against how Wenger likes to operate.

I agree too, but FFS we've waited long enough to push on upfront.

He is one the best available who isn't a "potential" based striker. I'm no longer turning my nose up at 28 year old strikers as being "too late" - we need results now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I agree too, but FFS we've waited long enough to push on upfront.

He is one the best available who isn't a "potential" based striker. I'm no longer turning my nose up at 28 year old strikers as being "too late" - we need results now.

I'm not turning my nose up either I just know how Arsenal work when it comes to transfers. :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Had a bit of hope when I first saw this. But AM has decided to crush it in under a page.

giphy.gif

Impact

Established Member
In a market like this, you pay £45 million for Higuain.

Tired of this attitude of thinking we need to buy players that have a sell on value. You think Barcelona are crying at how much they spent on Suarez? The lad has carried them to the title and is likely to win the Ballon D'or. Gonzalo has 3-4 years at the top level left at least. That's enough time to make it worthwhile.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Give them 50M for fat boy if we have too, just bench him for cup finals and you're fine.

Chuck in a million for this guy as well.

Prawn Sandwich

The more and more you see fees getting thrown about and demanded, like GBP32m for Lacazette and GBP65m for Lukaku, make GBP50m for the choker, old man look a bargain. ;)

Token Yank

Haven't seen a ton of him but has always looked like a goofball when I have watched him play. Would rather money spend on Morata or Benzema to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom