• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gonzalo Higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip spence

Lock this one off. Anyone who thinks there's a chance this is happening is deluded and should see a therapist asap.
Well I'm not sure of anything but yeah, pretty much this!

Higuain was bought for 40 M Euro and has two remaining years on his contract. He has been prolific throughout his career and just had his best season ever with an amazing 36 goals in 35 league games. Napoli will put on an insane price-tag at this point. Demanding Giroud and 50 M Sterling (if true) is taking the piss and personally I doubt they let him go even for that and I doubt even more that Wenger would go along with it.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Well I'm not sure of anything but yeah, pretty much this!

Higuain was bought for 40 M Euro and has two remaining years on his contract. He has been prolific throughout his career and just had his best season ever with an amazing 36 goals in 35 league games. Napoli will put on an insane price-tag at this point. Demanding Giroud and 50 M Sterling (if true) is taking the piss and personally I doubt they let him go even for that and I doubt even more that Wenger would go along with it.

I disagree on this. He has two years left and unless he extend (something his agent/brother has categorically said no to), next year Napoli will be in a tough spot!.
With one year left, Higuain will have all the leverage and Napoli may not even be able to get the 40 M back for the player. Not to mention that he will be a year older hence his value will go down.
De Laurentis is smart enough to know that the time to cash in is now or never. Napoli is not the richest club and can't afford to let this opportunity go.
I fully predict he will leave this summer, perhaps not for the rumored 94 M but somewhere in the range of 60 to 70 M.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If juve were going to pay the full 94m Rc, why the hickup? it would already be done....

Indeed. I've seen some **** on twitter along the lines of "Juventus will inform Napoli they are prepared to meet the release clause" as opposed to actually submitting an offer matching the release clause and being free to sign the player. It's a load of bollocks. They won't meet the release clause, mainly because they can't afford it.

Also, as others have said, the meeting is all of the Serie A clubs, not just Juve and Napoli.

skip spence

I disagree on this. He has two years left and unless he extend (something his agent/brother has categorically said no to), next year Napoli will be in a tough spot!.
With one year left, Higuain will have all the leverage and Napoli may not even be able to get the 40 M back for the player. Not to mention that he will be a year older hence his value will go down.
De Laurentis is smart enough to know that the time to cash in is now or never. Napoli is not the richest club and can't afford to let this opportunity go.
I fully predict he will leave this summer, perhaps not for the rumored 94 M but somewhere in the range of 60 to 70 M.
Higuain may well leave, that I do not doubt. What I find unlikely is that Arsenal will be the team that pays up. It will take a very significant offer.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nothing reliable linking Higuain and Arsenal in days, just lock this joke of a thread.

logic DC

Lock this one off. Anyone who thinks there's a chance this is happening is deluded and should see a therapist asap.
are you not at least entertained? lock this thread up and what happens? where do you expect us to go on about our fantasy of a decent striker and it would be pointless to close this thread as we are approaching the climax of this transfer and it involves arsenal.

logic DC

people crying for every thing to be locked up, this is not like the Mahrez thread where nothing was even said about us being interested, at least here there is smoke.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
From that article:

"Apparently the agent admitted that he was in contact with the Old Lady, but said that no deal had been reached yet. However, if De Laurentiis' project for Napoli is not convincing, they intend to leave when their contract expires."
so he didn't mention arsenal it's Juve or leave on free. looks like we are not interested at all.

GoonersMatt

Just because there's nothing about Arsenal doesn't mean we aren't interested.

We don't have to be mentioned in every article. It's usually the team that isn't mentioned that comes in and gets the man.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Maybe his agent/brother wasn't asked about Arsenal because the Italian media are more interested in a potential Juve transfer.

Right guys?

Guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom