• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

gooner in china

ninhoo1

first of all,arsenal football club is the fourth popular club in china according to a survey by cctv(counterpart to bbc,but much more influential,it is runed by china goverment) recently.while MU is 8th or someting like that.but i got to say such ranking is higher than i expected. in most other survey,arsenal is among the top ten popular club in china,but not that high .ITALY club AC-MIlan and inter-MILAN is undoubted the favourite clubs among chinese fan for serieA has been aired by cctv in china since 80s.but nowdays young chinese is more prone to epl for it's more competitive and exciting rhythm.
secondly,arsenal win a lot of suppout in recent years.It is a great accomplishment to ranked 4th given that arsenal is unknown several years ago.
thirdly,the support for a club is changeful in china.arsenal club need to a lot of work in marketing,which is the major shortcoming to be a great club in china.and china is a developing world,so selling the kits at the price of 20pounds is unacceptable.

goonerlove

Interesting post... you should send a note to the club and offer your thoughts. I think you hit on two key points:

1) Arsenal is growing in popularity and fame around the world and is a very popular team in China (even more popular than ManU which is pretty amazing).

2) Arsenal need to understand the global marketplace and customize their merchandising approach to the developing world. There is a big market out there and if we can eek our even a small profit margin per unit, it is a good investment in Arsenal's future.

Goonerlove

Realwood

Why dont you just buy a knock off? They seem to be everywhere in Asia.

I agree with you on most points, Arse needs lots of help in marketing. I dont think they realize how much bigger of a club they can become.

They should make some sort of TV deal in Asia and should combine with other EPL teams to expand the coverage across the pond.

JasonTH14

Knock off?? Nah they totally look KNOCKED OFF .. eheh if you know what i mean...i dont mind buying the originals (i already own a few though) but i think the main factor is still due to the currency rates .. so nothing much can be done though... but heck its still expensive mate... not everyone can afford to buy Original jerseys now and then

Realwood

JasonTH14 said:
Knock off?? Nah they totally look KNOCKED OFF .. eheh if you know what i mean...i dont mind buying the originals (i already own a few though) but i think the main factor is still due to the currency rates .. so nothing much can be done though... but heck its still expensive mate... not everyone can afford to buy Original jerseys now and then

Right, not everyone can...But I still dont think it's the clubs responsibility to lower the price for one country while anothers is jacked up.

My roomate just came back abroad from China and he came back with 6 knock off kits. And while some can look absolutely horrible, a few of them were not that bad.

It sucks, but I think it would be completely unfair for Arsenal to lower prices for some and not for all. You also have to remember that alot of the base pricing is set by Nike and they certainly will never lower the price.

Realwood

Actually I forgot to add something.....

I think it would be a great idea for Arsenal to go out to Asia and give out free kits.

Bayern Munich gave out 28,000 free kits when they came to Chicago last Sunday.

Problem is I do not know when if ever Arsenal will go to Asia for a tour. Wenger is against it and that is all that matters right now. Trust me, I wish he would do tours because I want Arse to come to America. Oh well.

Gregwin04

i dont understand Munich giving away 28000 sherts most of them will be chucked in the back of draws and forgotten untill some painting has to be dont around the house

arsena1

the knocking off price thing is called block pricing in economic terms. not knocking off prices means these people can't afford. so instead, u have pirates benefitting from this while the arsenal treasury stays empty and u guys complain about not getting this player or that player or when some player leaves for more money and greater perceived ambition elsewhere.

besides, there are several ways to go about this block pricing thing. it could with certain conditions. like only 1 per person or special features for kits in UK or thinner material for the asian kits or free lettering for the uk kits. imagination's key.

kin4ever

I can see this as well~! As I'm living in H.K. China :D It is a great thing to see more & more Gooners everyday ;D

calvinngai88

po said:
kin4ever said:
I can see this as well~! As I'm living in H.K. China :D It is a great thing to see more & more Gooners everyday ;D
i also live in Hong Kong :eek:ops:

Though I don't live in Hong Kong, but I'm born in Hong Kong, currently in Singapore. I'm pleased to see more and more of my countrymates supporting Arsenal. Yay, cheers! :p

kin4ever

calvinngai88 said:
po said:
kin4ever said:
i also live in Hong Kong :eek:ops:

Though I don't live in Hong Kong, but I'm born in Hong Kong, currently in Singapore. I'm pleased to see more and more of my countrymates supporting Arsenal. Yay, cheers! :p

So, Same in Singapore? :D

Arnie

This proves something big even in africa you see alot of Arsenal shirts around. We are lucky that our success has come at the same time as a wider televison broadcasting around the world. Plus the excitement of the league. If anyone is a share holder, can the please ask about marketing at the next gm meeting.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom