• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Thiago is the perfect example, press resistant, can tackle, fast and agile, can dribble and is completely confident in his technical ability. We need that Thiago, Arthur, Cazorla type player who is good on the ball. I would even put Isco in that bracket. Matheus Henrique of Gremio fits the bill also.

I was hoping Ceballos could play that role, but it hasn't turned out that way thusfar. Any other names on your list to scout during the season? I have Marc Roca noted (though Espanyol is doing very poor), Fabian Ruiz, and Thomas Partey.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was hoping Ceballos could play that role, but it hasn't turned out that way thusfar. Any other names on your list to scout during the season? I have Marc Roca noted (though Espanyol is doing very poor), Fabian Ruiz, and Thomas Partey.

This isn’t a wish list thread but he’d be very well suited to this league. This breakdown of his performance against Real Madrid highlights perfectly the points @The_Playmaker made about Xhaka’s pass selection:

Too many times a Sheff Utd clearance would land at Xhaka’s feet and instead of exploiting their panic, he’s looking down at the ball as he tries to control it and misses a diagonal run from one of our forward players.

There was one specific instance in the first half when Sheff Utd were caught upfield and one simple pass over the top would’ve put Auba through on goal, but Xhaka somehow contrived to hit it out of play on the right! Felt like throwing my remote at the tv

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
This isn’t a wish list thread but he’d be very well suited to this league. This breakdown of his performance against Real Madrid highlights perfectly the points @The_Playmaker made about Xhaka’s pass selection:

Too many times a Sheff Utd clearance would land at Xhaka’s feet and instead of exploiting their panic, he’s looking down at the ball as he tries to control it and misses a diagonal run from one of our forward players.

There was one specific instance in the first half when Sheff Utd were caught upfield and one simple pass over the top would’ve put Auba through on goal, but Xhaka somehow contrived to hit it out of play on the right! Felt like throwing my remote at the tv

How I miss this little man

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

I remember that too. Wanted to drill a hole in my brain

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I wonder if we are looking for his replacement next year or if the club is happy with him keeping his place. I would be happy to test Chambers/Torreira there with 2 ballers in front

https://arseblog.news/2019/10/xhaka...blems/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Is it me or is he starting to sound a lot like his mentor?

Example A

“For me it’s strange because they have been in the same situation as us – maybe it was sometimes good, sometimes not so good, but like I said, if you speak bullshit like this every weekend, then what they say doesn’t get respected.”

Example B

“I’m sorry to say that, but for me it’s the same whether you play at home or away – you have to win and show big character and not look for the same excuse.”

Gooner_girl14

Those were ugly scenes when he was subbed. Not a good reaction from Xhaka either, but how else can he react if he’s being booed by his own fans. Hopefully Emery is starting to see that Xhaka is a huge liability and will stop playing him as often.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Nobody boo'd him. They cheered his substitution and then he reacted like the arrogant **** bag he is (which started the boos off). I think the crowd were wrong to boo him, but his reaction says it all when it comes to his opinion of himself and his performances. Eboue went off crying. Xhaka went off goading the crowd and telling them to **** off because they had the audacity to call him out for being ****.

Jae

Think all he's done with that reaction is make himself the pantomime villain. He'll get booed every game now.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Felt unfair to boo him, I didn't think he was even having one of his usual bad games. But what a mug, he should know better that he'd never come on top in a stand off with fans.

Anyway at least some funny stuff is coming out of this saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom