• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Not excusing Xhaka's reaction - wrong is wrong.

But I don't see how it is particularly hard to understand. Fans have been on his back for everything, constantly waiting for him to make a mistake to have a go. If I'm walking off a pitch on my own and tens of thousands of people who are meant to support me are booing me off, I'd probably not react with the utmost class either. Added to the fact it was during a game where the team as a whole were playing poorly, giving up a 2-0 lead and where every Arsenal player on the pitch - Xhaka included - would've been rightfully frustrated before the substitution anyways.

Again, throwing the armband on the ground and telling the fans to **** off was inexcusable, ESPECIALLY as captain of the team. But with that being said, on a human level, I do feel for him... not a pleasant thing to go through I'm sure.
Fans have started acting like that because they saw after the Sp**s game that even when Xhaka makes calamitous errors there's no accountability for him. He gets picked regardless of his form, regardless of the opposition. On top of that he's alienated the fan's favorite. You can't keep adding gasoline to a pile of rubbish and not expect it to blowup. He's been a horrible, horrible man manager. He's so incredibly disconnected from the pulse of the club that he's setting off fires everywhere, whether he's trying to or not.

Jovi

Oh, what did you do you pathetic character?
Once he's calmed down he should be thinking the same to himself. "What the actual **** have I done!"

Your team is level at 2-2, you're disappointed you're getting substituted. Sprint off the field, cheer on the 18-year waiting to come one, stay on the bench and cheer on your team as a team member and captain of Arsenal FC.

Unforgivable throw the armband on the ground and tell the fans to **** off. He should give a public apology to somewhat redeem himself. Hopefully gone next summer anyway.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
This guy is the captain of our club and decides to throw the armband on the floor and casually stroll off the pitch despite us being level at 2-2. The boos were completely justified as a response to his disgraceful behaviour.

It is constant mistakes, poor performances, or controversy with this guy. Anyone defending him at this point needs to seriously have a word with themselves.
Spot on man

GDeep™

League is very weak
His man management is pretty awful. He's gone about the Özil situation in a dreadful manner. Now this and the way he is managing Torreira is very alarming.
Look what he’s done to Willock? Started him twice and took him off both times after 45 mins.

Scumbag. **** Emery now.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Thing is with Xhaka, he tries but he's just not good enough, plain and simple. Struggle to see how he would get in to almost any pre team bar maybe norwich or Brighton. Id take Mooy over him though!

Its not his fault he's crap and got made captain.
Decent player

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

It feels like his PSG stint all over again.

The indecisiveness, the confusion, the lack of cojones, slipping up against **** opposition and the constant controversy around the team.

Emery deserves the boot before he gets the chance to select another captain.

I just don’t understand. Throwing him under the bus when he should back him and backing him when he should’ve been taken out the team. Why he brought him off today after it does 2-2 makes zero sense to me!!

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
this is what happens when your ticket holders are companies and people who dont go to the stadium.
that was disgusting.... where is our class?

I WANT MY ARSENAL BACK. FANS OUT.

You don't go to any games

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Look what he’s done to Willock? Started him twice and took him off both times after 45 mins.

Scumbag. **** Emery now.
Yep, forgot about that one. Broken him. People seem to point to him giving youth a chance as his redeeming quality but all of they performances have slid and he's managing it badly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why did he take a year to get off the pitch? It's his own doing
Probably frustrated at his **** manager. Weren’t you guys bashing Özil for slowly coming off the pitch in the EL final? You’re talking a matter of 3/4 seconds extra.

Nicenho

Xhaka telling the fans to **** off just shows how arrogant and stupid he is. Guys like Vieira, Cesc, RVP could tell us to **** off and we'd be pissed off at them, but they were different class and the next game give a MOTM performance and we'd forgive them because they're game changers. Xhaka is not of that quality and was already hated by a bulk of the fanbase.
Think he's done here, not just as captain, but as a player.

Telling fans to fck off as a captain is something you simply don't do. Deserves all the sh*t he is getting now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You could see Auba shake his head at him as he walked off. The players probably thought he acted like a **** as well.
Nah, players always back each other no matter what.

Auba will leave anyway, have said it all year. We’ll be stuck with the French Heskey.

blaze_of_glory

Privately I'm pretty sure the players are on Xhaka's side and think the fans are ****s..
They'll always back each other. Cheering a sub like that is really poor form, but it was a horrendous reaction from Xhaka regardless.

Emery created that situation by subbing him though, Saka was never going to change the game either.

Steadman

No it’s not, despite his shortcomings no player should get what Xhaka got today.
If a sarcastic cheer prompts that kind of arrogant and senseless reaction from our club captain then he is not fit to wear that armband. The boos started when he threw the armband and put himself above the team.

If you show no respect then you get no respect.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Xhaka has absolutely no self awareness. We’re talking about a guy who’s cost us 15+ points single handedly during his Arsenal tenure. Fans have been plenty patient with him, and as captain, he’s partially to blame for the ****show on display. He’s got to be able to take criticism and the fans displeasure on the chin.

Regardless, the intense booing seemed to come after he’d been walking for several seconds. We’re drawing 2-2 with Crystal Palace at home, and he’s going to walk off and tell the fans to fck off because he’s unhappy at being subbed? What a dreadful display by him.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Emery did this, he made a player that has been out of form for the whole time Emery has been here captain when he is very much out of favour with the fans. Then played him regardless of form until the fans are reaching boiling point and THEN subs him off in a game in which the fans are fuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom