<

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

If he is included in ANY matchday squad, let alone selected for a starting 11, then the powers that be at the club will have taken leave of their senses.

You don't throw a strop like a petulant child & expect to be a part of Arsenal, let alone as its captain, which was as outrageous a decision as any you'll find made by the club.

Sell him in January or freeze him out & sell him in the summer.

He is done here, thank God for small mercies.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  2. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Threw armband to floor for auba to pick up

Told the fans to fck off

Cupped his ear telling the fans to up the noise

Stormed down the tunnel

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  3. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

This does appear to be an accurate assessment.

Fallout likes this.
  4. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Yeah fair enough, I'm 100% on Xhaka's side here though.

Silver lining here is that we won't have to suffer through the Guendouzi-Xhaka pairing any longer..

5. morpho

morpho Well-Known Member

Cant argue about that, but its the managers job to protect his players. Poor management on poor players. And 70% of the abuse these two players got, was actually frustration towards the manager. Arsenal is a toxic club, right now and that started way before Wenger left. Its going to take a mayor effort to change things around. Fans included.

albakos likes this.
  6. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

This is correct. He actually ignite this reaction from the fans by doing step 1,2,3 and 4.

Not to mention: he is the ****ing Captain who gets paid millions every year to stand up for our club. You can't compare what fans are doing to a highly paid professional. It is as if expecting similar actions from a BBC journalist as you do from a garden variety twitter troll.

Godwin1 and CaseUteinberger like this.
  7. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

Those who harass Xhaka (and other players) on social media and abuse them are surely a small minority though. It's disgusting, and those people should be banned from everywhere, but the majority of the fans is not like that.

It might be difficult to accept, but modern day fans boo teams to show discontent at the Club's state. Booing has often been going towards Kroenke, Gazidis, Emery, etc, not necessarily the players.

8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Looks like emery with fans here. Xhaka will have to sit few games and make auba new captain

9. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Obvs. Emery is trying to keep his job.

10. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Anyone defending Xhaka now need their head examined. If you think he will get away with this you are totally deluded. He will be crucified by the match day fans and the media. And rightfully so! What he did is so stupid it in itself that it should be enough to bench that idiot for good.

His only chance now is to show contrition like there is no tomorrow. If he doesn't he is done at Arsenal.

And blaming this on Emery is plain silly. Sure Emery has handled Xhaka and letting him be captain poorly, but in the end it was Xhaka trowing the armband, pulling of the club jersey and telling the fans to **** off. It wasn't Emery, Özil or anyone else. It was the tool that is our captain.

11. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

A take from someone who was at the ground

12. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Looks like emery is trying to suck up to the fans cus he knows he isnt well liked :lol::lol::lol:

13. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

Hope he never plays for this club again, what an asshole.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes fans got more mad because he walking it was clear he wasn't happy about the sub too

15. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

Really hate seeing a player's career come crashing down at Arsenal. That is also not in our best interest.

16. silent_shadow

silent_shadow Well-Known Member

It was pretty clear live too. Can't believe people are actually defending the tool. What happened to Xhaka has happened to many other players at all clubs. But most handle it quietly and start by running off the pitch.

Xhaka, however, with his narcissistic personality disorder has to react in the biggest and most selfish way possible and turn it into the fire pit we have now.

17. sammy89

sammy89 Well-Known Member

Meh, whatever it takes to get this c*nt off my screen once and for all, I'll take it. I'll save my empathy for the downtrodden in society, not some tall, famous, handsome athlete making millions every year, banging hot girls and driving sports cars.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  18. Steadman

Steadman Member

He's absolutely correct. I was at the game and the booing only started after his throwing of the armband and slow walk off the pitch.

Ricardinho likes this.
  19. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Get a grip! The fans are paying to go to the games and that is the end of that. It is more than most here on the forum do as far as I understand it. They have the right to express their displeasure anyway they want in my view. They simply booed him coming off. He should keep his head down, sprint off and cheer on the sub and his team.

He is a well paid, experienced professional football player. He needs to act like one.

Squillaci likes this.
  20. Keplaz

Keplaz Well-Known Member

Xhaka is done here. You don't show that kind of disrespect to a team you want to play for again.

CaseUteinberger and GoonerJeeves like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.